masters player returning and has questions

Zerg Discussion
i haven't played in 4 years and noticed that no one makes macro hatches anymore. I've noticed that the mineral lines deplete really fast now. when was this changed? so my guess is that the reason that no one builds macro hatches is because making another expo is way better due to the quick mine-out of bases. is this correct?

please, master or high only on responses. thank you.
I am not worthy to post in this thread :(
08/29/2017 05:45 AMPosted by Frosti

Ha, me either. But considering I see it happening often enough were in under five minutes a Zerg player might already be getting their third, @Justicar, I suspect your reasoning on the lack of macro Hatcheries is sound.
08/29/2017 10:04 AMPosted by Juxtapose
08/29/2017 05:45 AMPosted by Frosti

Ha, me either. But considering I see it happening often enough were in under five minutes a Zerg player might already be getting their third, @Justicar, I suspect your reasoning on the lack of macro Hatcheries is sound.
Also later game heavy ling bane builds seem to be less common in today's meta. So there's less of a need for so much larva.
i'm not going to shoot you guys down just cause you're lower MMR. i just know there are alot of players who think the know what their talking about and are very wrong. if you make really good points, even if you're a bronze player, i dont mind giving it a thought or two.
08/29/2017 11:36 AMPosted by Geo
08/29/2017 10:04 AMPosted by Juxtapose

Also later game heavy ling bane builds seem to be less common in today's meta. So there's less of a need for so much larva.

in higher MMR it's actually very common, i think due to the maps being tight it is safe to get thirds. compared to the maps in WOL O.o. as azerg player, you felt like each expo was an island.
I still make a macro hatch when I take my 4th
macro hatches are used for heavy ling bane styles. if you watch high level players will see them still do it when doing those styles. half the patches have half the minerals in lotv.

mid to high masters zerg here on 2 servers.

edit: need to remember what ling bane style u are using. like lbm/lbh in zvp is popular were as zvt is more ling bane hydra or infester ling bane into fast ultra corrupter. muta is pretty bad.