Error BLZBNTAGT00000BCA

Technical Support
Game tried to update, and gave this error code (Error BLZBNTAGT00000BCA, and it says "Whoops! looks like something broke. Give it another shot). Tried the repair function, and it didn't succeed in fixing the problem. Tried to uninstall and reinstall game, and it still gives this error code. What's next? Should I uninstall Battle.net?
Same problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled Battle.net didn't work. Disabling local antivirus didn't work. Deleting all old related SC2 and Battle.net folders and reinstalling didn't work.
same problem. Wont repair folders wont reinstall and do updates just get that damn error over and over. and ive got a decent amount of money into these blizzard games. I'm uninstalled and it wont update. the only games I have on my computer are Blizzard games, I really hope it wasn't a mistake
Same problem, repair did not work. Uninstall and reinstall did not work. Tried to run diablo which I have not played in a while (new patch too), that game worked. What's wrong with SC2?
Same problem. Have been playing everyday then did a Windows update and now it won't run. Did a repair then reinstalled with Disabled antivirus and still won't update.
same problem... started 13SEP. I've been running a virtual machine forever and it would update and work every time I re-booted with every patch. However, this latest latest patch tries to update and gives me the same error.
without rebooting I got the error.
after rebooting, I get the same error.
I tried scan and repair as well.

observation for technical support:

Note, when I usually get a patch (reboot the computer) then open blizzard (SC2 shortcut) I get a windows notification/pop-up that blizzard is doing a modification and I have to hit (OK) button. I would later get a second windows notification for network access.... It never got to the first pop-up so could not update. I'm using windows 7.
same issue
keep having same issue!!!
So I hit update on the blizzard app for SC2, and it first waiting for other application to update, then it errors on the fetching.

BLZBNTAGT00000BCA
Same here
I am having this issue as well, for StarCraft II. Has anyone found a resolution or workaround?
"Error code: BLZBNTAGT00000BCA"
Glad I wasn't the only one. Clearly, this is an issue stemming from Blizzard, and not us or our systems.
Hey all!

Let's try deleting some folders before reinstalling the app!
    1. Uninstall the launcher.
    2. Press Windows key + R and type in %temp%
    3. Delete anything Blizzard or Battle.net related.
    4. Do the same for %programdata%, %appdata% and %localappdata%
    And reinstall the launcher!

If it continues, try running a Scan and Repair for StarCraft II, if you haven't yet, and disabling your security programs.
I've done all of those, no luck...
Hey @SatannataS!

It's possible that this error comes around due to a connection problem, could you try a wired (ethernet) connection if you may be on wireless?

Some additional connection troubleshooting we can try running through is:

Hope that helps! If it might continue, let's get a hold of technical support with a pathping and traceroute test, plus some system files :)
Same, just tried it.... nothing, none of those work, it's downloading the patch for Diablo 3 just fine, it's just SC 2 that isn't working at all.
I'm hardwired, and all the other patches work but Sc2.
I'd also like to note, I'm having issues downloading Sc2 or even Sc1, Diablo 3 seems to download ok.
09/14/2017 10:03 PMPosted by Caterpepi
Hey all!

Let's try deleting some folders before reinstalling the app!
    1. [url="https://battle.net/support/article/30304?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution"]Uninstall the launcher[/url].
    2. Press Windows key + R and type in %temp%
    3. Delete anything Blizzard or Battle.net related.
    4. Do the same for %programdata%, %appdata% and %localappdata%
    And reinstall the launcher!

If it continues, try running a [url="https://battle.net/support/article/6572?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution"]Scan and Repair[/url] for StarCraft II, if you haven't yet, and [url="https://battle.net/support/article/23672?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution"]disabling your security programs[/url].

This seemed to work for me actually, I never deleted the launcher tho.. Sc2 seems to be updating now :)