Community Update - November 1

General Discussion
Balance Mod Update

We’ve continued to receive lots of good feedback about the Balance Mod. One specific area we’ve been hearing a lot about is the strength of the new Infested Terrans. Their current combat numbers are quite strong against air units, and restoring their access to upgrades means they scale better. However, we’re worried that they’re too hard to respond to given how fast they hatch on creep. This makes them feel even stronger—their damage seems sudden and very difficult to counter, especially when backed up with Fungal Growth. So we’re making the following change:

Infested Terrans
  • Now spawn at the same rate on and off creep at 3.6 seconds

As a result of this change, players will also have fewer “special cases” to memorize when this using ability. We’re implementing this change into the balance test mod shortly, for those who are using it on our live servers. It’ll also be included in the official patch when it releases sometime after BlizzCon.

Thank you for all the support and feedback, and as always, let us know what you think!
Keep the updates coming!!
Do you have some news about the HUD skins?
I think that this update got some things right (Like mother ship core, raven), got some things wrong (Infestor, widow mine) and had missed opportunities (adepts, Swarm hosts) I'm hoping for some more stuff next year because there are still a lot of areas that could be improved on.
11/01/2017 12:07 PMPosted by Valon
I think that this update got some things right (Like mother ship core, raven), got some things wrong (Infestor, widow mine) and had missed opportunities (adepts, Swarm hosts) I'm hoping for some more stuff next year because there are still a lot of areas that could be improved on.

This is spot on.

So far it seems like the game is in a bit of better place though with the patch.
Still nothing about Ghosts? Give it a mid to late game buff and remove this cheese inducing change. Cloak is the least important part of the ghost. Its problem right now is not doing enough reliable damage to make it worth the significant investment in resources.

This update was for the infested terrans. For a complete look at all the changes, please refer to the blog on the home page.
The problem with this solution is :

A really low number of infested terran will be able to shoot to carriers, the majority will be killed by interceptors.

So you need to send a lot of infested terrans on the same times, and you need to build even more infestors, and you need to wait for the energy after.

So, while you've added infested terrans to counter skytoss, you're creating a new stalemate situation with skytoss vs mass infestors, and the game will be as long and boring they were on HOTS during SH vs skytoss.

You need to adress skytoss for now, since WOL it's the same, you have always dealt with it by buffing infestors/broodlords or adding SH,it's time you start to learn from your past mistakes and stop repeating them again and again.

Nerf/rework skytoss, and nerf these infested terrans, they are ridiculous.
thanks for the quick response to this issue.

everyone i talked to kept saying the same thing even pro zerg players
11/01/2017 01:06 PMPosted by Candy

This update was for the infested terrans. For a complete look at all the changes, please refer to the blog on the home page.

So Valon obviously talked about the whole patch, since this update does not deal with MSC, etc,
and it is his opinion that there might be more to do.
And I agree with his opinion.
I don't like how you force Zerg players Anti air with infestors. With the Disrupter you wanted to stop having game deciding moments within a milisecond, yet with the changes to infestor you are creating the same issue again. Make infested terrans an important part of Zerg anti-air? Now it just comes down to feedbacks hitting or not vs Protoss. I would much rather have a more stable Air to Air options for Zerg than relying on "who clicks first with their spellcasters". I don't mean Corrupters need to get buffed, just change something about the interaction vs Carriers. Maybe make units no longer target interceptors but carriers instead so the AI doesn't waste damage.
* why you are doing nothing with Neosteel and Medivac Afterburners upgrades?

* where are HUD skins? You mentioned them at previous blizzcon. We must wait another year for them? We already have WONDERFUL and nice Dehaka, Abathur, Fenix, Swann, Nova HUDs.

* Stukov announcer?

* update the visuals of Corruptor's corruption ability. No sound, no any unit model animation, it just throws green thing at little weird angle

Exaclty my feeling as well. The Ghost buff isn't welcome because it is the wrong one which only incentivizes cheese, NeoSteel bunker remains useless after 7 years of massive player feedback and Adepts and Disruptors are still garbage gameplay.
My suggested Ghost changes recieved a good feeback. Please consider them!
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20759319782#post-1
11/01/2017 04:39 PMPosted by Maru
About Skins: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20757647492?page=1
More than highly rated !

+1
Cool beans. Hopefully this'll help reduce the silliness of mass infestor.
ehh. This change and all changes that are based on if you are on creep or not only promotes protoss to turtle up and never push out until they have the perfect army.

Which is exactly what people complain about currently with protoss. I myself don't have a huge issue, but if that's what you want from the game keep going for it.

Blizzard I think you still need to look at better options that your current shield battery.
I'll dare hop on the bandwagon. I'll forward my Quality of Life suggestion for Steady Targeting - my logic being that being a small and isolated change, it's more likely to be accepted:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20759348312

Fairly highly rated.

(Granted, I would like to see a late-game upgrade for Ghosts one day)
Would like something to make Steady Targeting a better option. Whether it's a refund on energy used so it's not "do or die" with an easy-to-stop mechanic or decreased damage with the condition that the Ghost must die to cancel the attack.