Community Update - September 28

General Discussion
Thanks everyone for the recent feedback. We look forward to seeing the discussions on the topics below.

Disruptor
We’ve heard your feedback about usefulness of the Distruptor and we’re looking to buff it in three ways. First, the activation radius of Purification Nova is being reduced from 0.5 to 0.25 in order to allow the nova to get closer to the initial target. This will help the Purification Nova blast reach more enemy units when it explodes. Next, the damage is being increased from 135 (+25 shields) to 145 (+55 shields). Lastly, Purification Nova’s cooldown is being reduced from 17.9 to 14.3 to allow more opportunities to use the ability in battle. The Purification Nova will also no longer be activated by enemy Changelings. All together these changes should make the Disruptor more impactful and fun to use.

Raven
The Shredder Missile has a short debuff duration and it was difficult to engage the enemy in combat after it connected. To give players more opportunities to take advantage of the armor reduction, the Shredder Missile’s debuff duration is being increased from 10.7 to 21.4 seconds

Please visit our blog to see the new changes. Feel free to provide any feedback or suggestions on these changes. Thanks!
Can you address the SH issue, as some of us have mentioned in the previous update simply removing the Locust ability to fly would allow counter play to them as then positioning can be used to fight them even if you can't catch them. It would fix most of the issues people have with it.

Glad the Raven and Disruptor are being looked at although imo the nova shouldn't be activated upon touch, I feel the Cyclone still has no role in the game and is basically a cheese unit.
09/28/2017 12:23 PMPosted by Limit
Can you address the SH issue, as some of us have mentioned in the previous update simply removing the Locust ability to fly would allow counter play to them as then positioning can be used to fight them even if you can't catch them. It would fix most of the issues people have with it.

Glad the Raven and Disruptor are being looked at although imo the nova shouldn't be activated upon touch, I feel the Cyclone still has no role in the game and is basically a cheese unit.

Get good bro SH are fine (and trust me I think Zerg is stupid and easy to play below korea)
I miss seeing Disruptors used more frequently. That moment when you're not sure whether or not the nova will get a good hit in made for great excitement when watching pro games and when playing. Hopefully a sweet spot can be found where the ability has good utility, still can be countered reasonably, but maintains those moments of excitement.
It's kind sad that disruptors will one shoot others disruptors again, that really makes PvP with disruptors almost game ending if one disruptors hits yours. maybe make the dmg 145(+15 vs shield) to make sure to kill gate units but not others disruptors
Honestly I don't think to many people have problems with the old disrupter. They should just keep it the same.
Disruptor is a unit that is waiting too long to be scrapped entirely, with all honesty.

The unit design (specially the increase in damage you guys propose) promotes dumbed down games in PvP where you're forced to go Disruptors against ground enemy forces and the first to get a few lucky shots straight up win the game.

I'm sick tired of every PvP being Disruptor wars. It's not fun to watch and not fun to play.
09/28/2017 12:29 PMPosted by Krotux

Get good bro SH are fine (and trust me I think Zerg is stupid and easy to play below korea)

Free units that fly into bases across a long distance and ignore positioning isn't fine many people agree the unit is flawed especially at a cost of 100/75.
They should transform raven into a pure defensive support unit with the Pdd/ repair drone et buff the missile (lockdown) and he is gonna be fine maybe up the Hpof raven coz the raven have the lowest hp of all the unit of his category even the vyper is more tanky when you know the game design of zerg is to have the most fragility unit of the game its little strange.

raven 160 hp pdd/lockdown/repair drone and this unit is perfect and balanced

And maybe reduce the cost of ghost he actually cost 200/100 gaz the most expensiv spellcaster of the game and not the most usefull actually hard to use and dont impact the game.ghost is the unit with the lowest playrate of all unit you can chech the stats.

Maybe reduce the cost to 175/100,buff the snipe ability nobody use it its better to make just other unit for make better job and reduce the nuke cast to 10 from 14

You also say you want there to be less game ending moment its for why you nerf the burrow mine but the logic is weird here what about proxy oracle?baneling bust ? ravager rush or dark templar rush ? if not scouted its also game ending you just lose the game to that and you dont nerf all of this thing

+ make a burrowed unit visible without detection ruin the basic mechanich of starcraft a burrowed unit or invisible unit need detection for be countered its written in all of your website or guide of starcraft 2 with this change you ruin this essential mechanic of your game at least if you want conserve this change make the mine auto unburow after the attack and cant burrow since the mine reload so its respect the game design
09/28/2017 12:57 PMPosted by Seizon
I'm sick tired of every PvP being Disruptor wars. It's not fun to watch and not fun to play.

Disruptor isn't used in high level games for eternity. Just Charge/Archon/Immortals, due to Phoenix countering Disruptors super hard. They aren't an issue and will never be one in PvP, that time is long past us. Low leagues should catch up to the new meta god damn.
Pls don't increase the damage of disruptors...just make nova doesn't friendly fire hit.
09/28/2017 01:26 PMPosted by Zippy
09/28/2017 12:57 PMPosted by Seizon

Disruptor isn't used in high level games for eternity. Just Charge/Archon/Immortals, due to Phoenix countering Disruptors super hard. They aren't an issue and will never be one in PvP, that time is long past us. Low leagues should catch up to the new meta god damn.

What planet you live? Last year and this year almost all pro games were Disruptor wars.
09/28/2017 01:49 PMPosted by Seizon
What planet you live? Last year and this year almost all pro games were Disruptor wars.

What.
No, seriously. What?

Nobody builds disruptors anymore in PvP. PICA hardcounters them so hard it's not even funny.
09/28/2017 01:49 PMPosted by Seizon
<span class="truncated">...</span>

That's true Seizon, watch the last GSL and WCS, they haven't been use since season 1
09/28/2017 11:59 AMPosted by Balance Team
Disruptor
We’ve heard your feedback about usefulness of the Distruptor and we’re looking to buff it in three ways. First, the activation radius of Purification Nova is being reduced from 0.5 to 0.25 in order to allow the nova to get closer to the initial target. This will help the Purification Nova blast reach more enemy units when it explodes. Next, the damage is being increased from 135 (+25 shields) to 145 (+55 shields). Lastly, Purification Nova’s cooldown is being reduced from 17.9 to 14.3 to allow more opportunities to use the ability in battle. The Purification Nova will also no longer be activated by enemy Changelings. All together these changes should make the Disruptor more impactful and fun to use.

Disruptor main problem is Friendly fire ...

Every time Disruptor PN connects to zergling charge zealots any male unit ...It does friendly fire and kill all your units and do more dps to your army then opponents..

So it becomes usles PvP vs Zealots Archon composition (even if you use adept stalker Disruptor composition) becouse charge zealots charge to your adepts and if you cast PN you end up killing all your adepts...

It also useless vs zerg zergling baneling hydra compositions ..again because of male unit zergling..

Only mechap that can be used is in PvT ..

If you want Disruptor to be useful in all 3 matchups you need to change not to do friendly fire .. ty for reading.
Disruptor is too stressful unit. Please redesign the disruptor.
09/28/2017 03:28 PMPosted by Reborn
09/28/2017 11:59 AMPosted by Balance Team
Disruptor

Disruptor main problem is Friendly fire ...

Every time Disruptor PN connects to zergling charge zealots any male unit ...It does friendly fire and kill all your units and do more dps to your army then opponents..

So it becomes usles PvP vs Zealots Archon composition (even if you use adept stalker Disruptor composition) becouse charge zealots charge to your adepts and if you cast PN you end up killing all your adepts...

It also useless vs zerg zergling baneling hydra compositions ..again because of male unit zergling..

Only mechap that can be used is in PvT ..

If you want Disruptor to be useful in all 3 matchups you need to change not to do friendly fire .. ty for reading.

PiG is actually testing it rather than talking out of his !@# and thinks it might actually be too good versus Zerg as it muders Lings and Blings and is strong against Roaches and Hydras
09/28/2017 03:44 PMPosted by Boggyb
PiG is actually testing it rather than talking out of his !@# and thinks it might actually be too good versus Zerg as it muders Lings and Blings and is strong against Roaches and Hydras

I am watching pig now man and you can see what i am talking about ..and yes i am wright .. (he is playing vs Z now)

I test this for 50 games .. also against Z and P .. and i know what i am talking about .. (you dont need to be pro to realise this its so obvious)

Vs Z there is problem every time you connect to zergling you end up killing all your stalkers adepts zealots and on..

And you can see pig is losing left and right vs Z now so shh...
Why devs always need to re-invent the wheel? Like why would you buff disruptor's damage? Was it actually needed or you just made it as an excuse like "... BUT IT GOT THE DAMAGE!!1" for any constructive critics? This disruptor is still way worse than the one before "buff", dunno what are you trying to do, but it's more and more facepalm each test update.
Please consider to delete zealot charge damage and buff movement speed when charge upgraded.

Because of mothership core delete, this change is helpful to protoss defense ability. Also, it make protoss army more dynamic.