How do you efficiently counter Mass carriers?

Zerg Discussion
Hello fellow hivemind. As a Zerg main I absolutely hate carriers. Is there anyway to counter Mass carriers efficiently besides the 'win before they max out' strategy?

I tried Vipers, but get feed-backed by high templars. I tried mass Corrupters but end up stalemating them while simultaneously losing workers due to zealot harass. I try hydralisks, but they get shredded in seconds. What else can I do? Thanks in advance!
Try ling/bane/corruptor and expand aggressively.
With Lings you do a lot of runbys; evade the protoss army at all costs so creep spread is very important (like 5 queens always doing the creep spread left/right/middle). With banelings you can kill mass adept, mass zealot or run them into the high templars.

With the corruptors you can piss on his Nexii while the protoss army is out of position because of the lings or the corruptors make the protoss army get out of position.

If you take care of saturation/idle workers and have 70-90 drones for income you can remax again and again until the protoss player moves on creep, you kill the ground army with ling/bane and focus the carriers with your corruptors one after the other.
Also try to get some vipers to take away one carrier after the other with your viper/corruptor army if the Protoss army has more than kind of 5-6 carriers.
--> Practice the micro (combat, refilling station/pit stop with queens and evolution chambers on a unit test map.

If there are more than 3-4 void rays, use fungal growth + parasitic bomb if possible (4 infestors, 4 vipers) - corruptors for the rest and of course zerglings and banelings vs. runbys.

edit: Upgrades are essential. You need double spire to really get the armor upgrades done asap.
Same with lings: If you have 1/1 + speed, lings are ok-ish, but if you have 3/3 + speed + adrenal glands, 20-30 zerglings totally destroy kind of any amount of cannons + the probes and nexus in no time. Also corruptors won't get killed very fast with +3 armor and they do a lot of extra damage vs. carriers (massive unit).
(That's why you need a lot of income - also use control groups for your upgrades so you can check them now and then.)
mass infestor
You can also try to get 1 ultra and like 5-6 queens.
If you a-move the ultra below the carriers (hold position if needed), the carriers will attack the ultra which has 7 armor + queens healing him.
(try it on a unit test map with ultra/hydra or ultra/queen/corruptor)
09/21/2017 04:19 PMPosted by Eyes
Try ling/bane/corruptor and expand aggressively.
With Lings you do a lot of runbys; evade the protoss army at all costs so creep spread is very important (like 5 queens always doing the creep spread left/right/middle). With banelings you can kill mass adept, mass zealot or run them into the high templars.

With the corruptors you can piss on his Nexii while the protoss army is out of position because of the lings or the corruptors make the protoss army get out of position.

If you take care of saturation/idle workers and have 70-90 drones for income you can remax again and again until the protoss player moves on creep, you kill the ground army with ling/bane and focus the carriers with your corruptors one after the other.
Also try to get some vipers to take away one carrier after the other with your viper/corruptor army if the Protoss army has more than kind of 5-6 carriers.
--> Practice the micro (combat, refilling station/pit stop with queens and evolution chambers on a unit test map.

If there are more than 3-4 void rays, use fungal growth + parasitic bomb if possible (4 infestors, 4 vipers) - corruptors for the rest and of course zerglings and banelings vs. runbys.

edit: Upgrades are essential. You need double spire to really get the armor upgrades done asap.
Same with lings: If you have 1/1 + speed, lings are ok-ish, but if you have 3/3 + speed + adrenal glands, 20-30 zerglings totally destroy kind of any amount of cannons + the probes and nexus in no time. Also corruptors won't get killed very fast with +3 armor and they do a lot of extra damage vs. carriers (massive unit).
(That's why you need a lot of income - also use control groups for your upgrades so you can check them now and then.)

Thanks for the lengthy explanation bro, definitely got to give it a go.
How I countered carriers. Simply made a mod that did not allow any air units and got good and finding people to group up for games on it. Problem solved! Yes its true that I could have adapted, but at the end of the day its just sickening to see people a move with carriers almost every team ranked game. I don't want to play a game where one is confined to such a narrow group of strategies.
Mass corruptor works for me because it's basically just shift click click click click and the carriers just die. Throw in some ling bane to keep them contained on low base count, and to deal with potential stalker transitions, and you're gravy. If they go for archons you make some queen ultra. If they go void rays you go viper for PB.
You want 3-4 Ultralisks, they soak up a lot of the Carrier attacks with their huge armour, and they prove a serious threat to High Templars. Then you want 4-6 Vipers and mass Corruptor. If you're confident in your control, you can also add a few Infestors to this mix to either fungal, or neural paraside a few units. The Ultralisks are pretty much a lynch pin vs Carrier/HT, strangely enough. Take advantage of how ridiculously slow the Protoss army is whilst he's building up, too, you can pretty safely go up to 5 bases vs a 3 base carrier player, from there you can flood outlying bases with 3/3 cracklings, and if he moves to defend that base with his army, you can get on top of his production in his main. Another essential bit of information is to make sure you always have a contingency plan for if you kill all the Carriers and he transitions to ground, make sure you have the option of getting Ultralisks again, or Broodlords. Mass spore is also extremely useful, as well as having a few spines at each base, a good Carrier player will warp in either DT's or Zealots into your bases whilst you're attacking, some static defence shuts this down, and you can push with mass static defence and abduct Carriers over it.

If you don't want to take it to the late game vs Carriers, my personal favourite way of dealing with them is a 4 hatch (only 3 bases saturated), Queen/Hydra Nydus. Try to kill the third, from there you can either keep pushing in and try to get on top of his production, or you can spam more drones, drop double spire and go into the lategame with a massive advantage. Sometimes you can do both at the same time, keep the Protoss pinned, whilst you get up to 4 or 5 base saturation and reinforce with pure Corruptor. If you only get one spire, prioritise armour over attack upgrades.

Carriers are really not that scary if you can get into the mid-late game with no drone losses. It's sorta like fighting vs Mech, where you want a big economy way faster than you'd get against something like ICA or regular Terran bio play.
Tried a few scenarios in a unit tester map with a friend because I often face the exact same problem (as many zergs do I guess).
Turns out corruptors really are the best shot against them. If you spend around the same amount of ressources, you get roughly 3 corruptors per carrier. When you find the fleet, don't A-move them but shift rightclick each and every single carrier and you'll win every time. Try and scout at around minute 10 or something to see if they're amassing them.

Against voids vipers seem to do the trick, again using shift and then setting bombs on 3 of the voids and get the hell out of there. Repeat after a few seconds to apply a second stack of bombs and kiss the voids goodbye.