Community Update – October 10

General Discussion
Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback and please feel free to provide additional feedback on the next set of changes below. Also, you can visit our main blog to see a bulleted-list of changes we’re currently running on the testing matchmaker.

Infestor
The undetected burrowed Infestors had decent visibility on all graphics settings except the low graphics quality settings. We are changing the undetected burrowed Infestors to be a bit more visible on low graphics quality settings in order to make the unit more consistent across all graphic quality settings.

Nexus and Mothership
Mass Recall and Forward Recall will now cancel an Adept’s Psionic Transfer ability. This will prevent Adepts from getting recalled and then teleporting to the Shade’s location.

Lastly, just a reminder, the testing matchmaking queue will be turning off on October 13th. However, the balance test mod will still be available for custom games afterwards.
Mhysa.
I would plow Mhysa not gonna lie.
Please remove Disruptors from the game and revert Burrowed Fungals to before patch 3.8. Do it for the sake of StarCraft and players sanity.
Good changes (Still think terran needs a nerf and zerg needs better air)
10/10/2017 11:04 AMPosted by Seizon
Please remove Disruptors from the game
i think there a good unit. Ever race needs that kind of unit, Zerg has lurkers and terran has libs (advance balistics is a bit much tho)
make neosteel frame upgrade more useful before blizzcon!
10/10/2017 11:14 AMPosted by Nightshadow
10/10/2017 11:04 AMPosted by Seizon
Please remove Disruptors from the game
i think there a good unit. Ever race needs that kind of unit, Zerg has lurkers and terran has libs (advance balistics is a bit much tho)

Protoss have their own Siege units already with Tempests and Colossus. Disruptor only creates situations to end the game in a lucky shot. Not healthy for a RTS unless you want to have a unit to serve the dumb esports crowd which shouts to Disruptor shots. LotV had quite a few mistakes and Disruptor is one of them.

Also worth mentioning Protoss already have plenty of units to micro already.

10/10/2017 11:18 AMPosted by iden

7 years of player feedback about this upgrade having 0 uses but Blizzard never said a word about it. I wonder if they play their own game.
PLEASE give us new information about maybe seeing more mission packs in the future. The Nova campaign was incredibly enjoyable and there are plenty of storylines that can be made into short campaigns.
Please revert the ghost nerf.( I call it nerf because many people prefer to have ghosts that come out with emp or even 75 energy compared to starting with cloak)

Ravens second ability should be looked at. Currently the healing drone is not a reason to build a raven. For example PDD could actually prevent you from taking damage against locusts but this cant prevent it because the locusts will actually kill and you cannot repair a dead unit.
I think another defensive ability would be much better.
Community update.

Colour of overlords eyes are now blue instead of red.
A suggestion, can you guys look into the economy and in particular the starting workers because imo you may solve quite a few fundamental balance problems by maybe reducing starting workers to either 6 or 8.

Reason being is that the early game is almost non existent in determining how the game plays out, previously in SC2 taking even a single gas early on was a huge decision as it significantly slowed your expo down as you couldn't attack or tech while expanding due to the lower starting worker count. This also made early game scouting far more powerful as scouting a gas meant something was coming that you had to prepare for where as today every takes a gas and techs while expanding as it's not a risky decision to do.

Reducing starting workers will make the early game much more significant again in how the game plays out as it will mean players will have to put more thought in their early game builds as they would now have more impact on the game while making cheese a higher risk and gives early game scouting more importance.
The fact that the infestor can still cast a potentially game ending spell from underground is even more insulting than this empty community feedback update.
While your looking at infestors on low settings, Could you also take a look at burrowed widow mines on low settings? Maybe increase the visibility somehow as when everything is on low the scarring on the ground that shows where they are is not shown.
10/10/2017 11:18 AMPosted by iden

whole post about that: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20758985811#post-1
Since widow mines are so much weaker now vs Protoss, can you atleast make them be able to attack invisible units to even things out?
Hello JinAir Greenwings player sOs here.

I have play custom games with KR pro gamer soO and Maru.

In PvZ, Protoss very weak early game vs all-in. Shield battery not good enough need more range. Mid-late game Protoss is ok, but early game very weak vs Zerg.

In PvT, Protoss struggle vs many drop play. Impossible to have units everywhere for Protoss. And if Terran liberator siege main base + drop, Protoss lose. Also stalker shoot so slow, I think better if a bit less damage but shoot faster!

Thank you for your time!
This update comes off as more of a bug fix report than an update. Don't get me wrong though, we're grateful that bugs are being ironed out, especially for those who don't have high-end rigs and have to play on reduced graphics settings.

Personally I don't think this redesign is quite ready for the live ladder, but I'm guessing your intention is to get more testing figures in and make more informed decisions after some professional matches.
Still dont get how adding an energy research to ghosts is meant to be helpful for mid-game ghost usage.. do blizzard even realise that ghosts are added in for emp and not for wasting energy being invisible??
10/10/2017 01:08 PMPosted by JackONeill
The fact that the infestor can still cast a potentially game ending spell from underground is even more insulting than this empty community feedback update.

The fact that Ghost can still cast a potentially game ending spell from cloak is even more insulting than this empty community feedback update