Nonstop hard crashes with error code

Technical Support
854C1594-5B25-49A6-AC90-EE4DDB16A0BB

Every single time I try to play a game, hard crash to desktop.
I've been playing SC2 for several months. This rig has never had a problem before. Suddenly it's crashing every single game.

No new Windows updates have been performed. Only the newest SC2 patch, which was small, and downloaded today.
I got the same issue for 3 days.
Greetings DreamDoor!

We can try a few steps to see if we can get the crashing to stop! It seems like this may be related to some issues with the actual app and game.

Hopefully, that does the trick!
10/12/2017 08:19 PMPosted by Caterpepi
Greetings DreamDoor!

We can try a few steps to see if we can get the crashing to stop! It seems like this may be related to some issues with the actual app and game.
  • [url="https://battle.net/support/article/6572?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution"]Scan & Repair[/url]
  • Delete Blizzard [url="https://battle.net/support/article/34721?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution"]Cache [/url]and [url="https://battle.net/support/article/34719?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution"]Tools[/url]
  • [url="https://battle.net/support/article/30333?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution"]Uninstall[/url], then reinstall.

Hopefully, that does the trick!

can we just fix the problem already? or at least find out what the cause is? this issue has been going on since hots release and sure i can get by 3-4 games with a crash but it always comes back so i delete all the replays and scan the game, play a few more games and repeat...
just tell me what is causing it so i can fix it myself! its been more than 2 years!
Did scan, no issues but still crashes. Delete battle.net cache, still crashes. Updated video drivers, still crashes.

Not sure what is causing this, but I did just install some Windows updates between the last time it worked and now (I think it was one of the 2017-11 cumulative updates for Windows 10).
game keep crashing be doing for a week
You sure it is not Windows Update KB4054517? I played SC2 just fine on my system, then yesterday Windows auto applied that patch, then my SC2 refused to launch - crashed hard every single time. I uninstalled that patch, rebooted and it worked.
12/13/2017 02:27 PMPosted by MrX
You sure it is not Windows Update KB4054517? I played SC2 just fine on my system, then yesterday Windows auto applied that patch, then my SC2 refused to launch - crashed hard every single time. I uninstalled that patch, rebooted and it worked.

I just installed that update, so mine was crashing before that. With that said, I did start experiencing problems after installing the previous update "2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1709 for amd-64 based systems (KB4051963)". Not sure if you had that one previously, but maybe both of them have issues with the game.

I'd like to think Blizzard is aware of this and can fix things if this is the case. Not really a fan of removing security updates in order to play a game...the game should be patched to work with the updates.
I've played several games since last update. Occasionally lose connection though other internet applications work. Game will not operate without connection after some number of updates ago.

Game glitched connection again this evening. Later when I tried to restart I got (Error 2:-2000) I have not made any changes to this system.

Looking at above reference from a staff member I looked at Battlnet app and could find no "option" icon anywhere. Settings has no scan and repair option. Out of frustration I did the delete cache folder routine. error 2 2000 again.

You guys strike out quite a bit these days. That whole authenticator noise is a lost ball game right there.

Uninstall, reinstall, go through the bells and whistles routine again? I'll send you and any word about you down to the hogs before I'll go there. The only reason I reinstalled a few years ago was because I fully refurbished my desktop system's OS. Maybe that's when it stopped letting me play offline. It used to work just fine offline.

Past frustration point... One more quick try to see if it goes up. biaf... Nope. error 2 2000 for the umpteenth time. I've already tried both 32 and 64 bit so don't go throwing that at me.
Just noticed blizzard app says game is running, even though it isn't and I've closed blizzard app more than once. Will go for a reboot.
error 2:-1073741819 endlessly....
2C1C2FB7-910A-4336-8C40-36E5B7A1D359
Conundrum, MrX and xFBxProdigy The error logs I found for you all show RTSSHooks64.dll in them a bunch. That is either MSI Afterburner or Riva Tuner. First make sure MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner are up to date. If that does not make a difference either disable or uninstall them.

Obionic The error log shows that the driver for the NVIDIA GeForce 310M is really old. Old driver can cause these crashes. Makes sure the drivers for the card are up to date and to be on the safe side make sure Windows is up to date.

joe There error logs show a lot of memory errors. That could indicate an issue with the computer’s memory. Since deleting the replay file helps I first want to get rid of the whole SC2 cache folder and create a fresh on in case there is something in that files are damage. Then I want to check the hard drive to make sure there is not any damage to the sectors of the disk were the SC2 files are stored.

• Open the Documents folder in Windows. In the Documents folder there will be a Starcraft II game folder. Rename the Starcraft II folder. NOTE: Any replays, offline saved games and Arcade saves will be located in the renamed folder.

Run Scan Disk to repair any bad sectors.

Run a memory scan to test the computer's memory
For any one that started to see issues after the Window 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 the steps below help fix some of the issues we have seen happen after that update.

Temporarily lower Windows Resolution
    1) Right click on the desktop
    2) Selective Display Settings
    3) For Windows 10 click on Advanced Display Settings
    4) Lower the resolution and click Apply
    5) Launch Starcraft II and change to fullscreen
    6) If Starcraft II does launch close it and then change Windows resolution back.

Run the Starcraft II repair tool.

Reset In-Game Options.
    1) Select the game in the Blizzard app and click Options .
    2) Click Game Settings.
    3) Click on Reset In-Game Options.
    4) Click Done and launch the game normally.

Rename the Starcraft II Cache folder
    1) Open the Documents folder in Windows.
    2) In the Documents folder there will be a Starcraft II game folder.
    3) Rename the Starcraft II folder.
    NOTE: Any replays, offline saved games and Arcade saves will be located in the renamed folder.

Disable fullscreen optimizations
    1) Open the Starcraft II game folder
    2) Right click on Starcraft II.exe and select Properties
    3) Click on the Compatibility tab
    4) Check the box "Disable fullscreen optimizations"
    5) Click OK.
Ok so no idea why rivatuner was the issue, but removing it has let me back into the game. I do have MSI Afterburner installed as well, but SC2 seems to work with it running, and it seems to run fine without rivatuner installed (I use Afterburner for custom GPU settings, fan speeds, etc).

Odd to because it was working fine for a few months with everything installed, up until those few Windows 10 patches. Maybe somehow the combination of it, plus rivatuner, was the issue? Either way, I'm back in, and can finally finish my campaign.
10/11/2017 10:28 PMPosted by DreamDoor
854C1594-5B25-49A6-AC90-EE4DDB16A0BB

Every single time I try to play a game, hard crash to desktop.
I've been playing SC2 for several months. This rig has never had a problem before. Suddenly it's crashing every single game.

No new Windows updates have been performed. Only the newest SC2 patch, which was small, and downloaded today.
I have been playing starcraft for more years then I can remember but this recent update wont let me even load the game and I have tried all the suggestions on the website like doing the game repair and uninstalling and reinstalling but none have worked so I have decided that I would look for some community support on this and how it people have had this issue how did you solve it Thanks
Hello,

I had the problem with crashing immediately on start and uninstalling RivaTuner resolved the issue. Would it be possible to tell us where to find error log so we can try to figure out the problem ourselves?
So I installed KB4054517 again, SC2 crashes hard. I then followed @Eloemaz recommendation of closing MSI AfterBurner 4.4 (the latest) (which works fine with KB4054517 removed), and et voila - she works. Thanks @Eloemaz. This is the second time that a Windows Update causes MSI AfterBurner to cause SC2 to crash. Weird.

PS: I did not need to uninstall anything, just close MSI AfterBurner before running SC2.
Closing RivaTuner Fixed the crash for me. I spent hours trying to fix it with multiple fresh installs, something that simple.... just frustrating.