Wings Of Liberty Multiplayer... Gone?

General Discussion
There is no longer an option to buy each campaign separately. Only the Starcraft II Collection for $40... AND I don't even get the option to play each expansion online... only the campaign!

I can't even find just new LotV on Amazon.

Is it going to take you 10 years to realize players want to be able to play these expans in multiplayer like it took you to realize people want vanilla wow servers? By the time you guys get on board people have already left for something else and aren't looking back... I know I know... as a business you are no where near suffering so you'll just do what you want to do. Thanks for making great games I do appreciate that... I just wish I could play them all still... especially when paying for them.
02/27/2018 06:08 PMPosted by Xxplosive
There is no longer an option to buy each campaign separately. Only the Starcraft II Collection for $40... AND I don't even get the option to play each expansion online... only the campaign!

I think you can get the campaigns separately by trying to play the campaign in game. If you have any campaigns already, it will discount the bundle based on what you already have, so it would be more economical if you plan to get all of them.

The campaign is the expansion now.
I don't see how the majority went over. ever since lotv the sc2 esports scene is almost non existant in my eyes. I just want my simple WOL or HOTS gameplay. WOL bit more basic and more about your control. hots with a bit more dynamic builds. now I have to play LOTV. a mess of a game with no chance to scout (which even if you do who knows what theyre doing anyway) cluster !@#$ of control and multi management which might be good for competition. but no fun for me. I used to be a sc2 player 24/7. I build up around 10k or more hours on WOL and HOTS. now I just play custom games. its the last thing I have of sc2 :(.

The thing that made esports so cool to me was how basic it was. everything the pros did I could understand. but had to practice a lot to get to a level like them. it was a goal to get as good as those players. and now I know I have no chance to be a good player. its too complicated.

How many times now have I heard on a online tournament since LOTV "oh he just lost cause of his build beats his build" that was never the case in WOL or HOTS. if you had a good build that countered theirs there was still a chance at redemption. now its gg the instant you see something stupid.

barely any of my mates play this anymore. its too hard for them to get into it or they've just lost interest. it used to be not only a competitive game but a fun game you could have a drink with your mates.
12/05/2017 08:48 PMPosted by Klashbash
I'll say it again: Without a ladder system for Wings and HOTS multiplayer it is for all intents and purposes dead. Just like Starbow and the Carbot mods. It is incredibly patronizing to pretend otherwise. RTS thrives off of competitive play, and without being able to one up the competition on a scoreboard of sorts then it all feels meaningless.

To the point, right, correct, and truth. Yet the ignorants all downvote it. xD

Btw, add Vanguard to the list.
I see what happens on EU server. There are almost zero discusion about anything. And when I look to my friendlist there are almost only grey people who not play a single game for more than a year. There was a time when we have too many people to play with even for 4v4 and now there are no-one. This pretty much all happens with patch 3.0 and LOTV. After beta I stay and play WOL and HOTS. But when ladder was removed even the last mohycans left. So I uninstal game as well. Still waiting but not expecting old time to come back.
12/05/2018 11:26 AMPosted by xandar
I see what happens on EU server. There are almost zero discusion about anything. And when I look to my friendlist there are almost only grey people who not play a single game for more than a year. There was a time when we have too many people to play with even for 4v4 and now there are no-one. This pretty much all happens with patch 3.0 and LOTV. After beta I stay and play WOL and HOTS. But when ladder was removed even the last mohycans left. So I uninstal game as well. Still waiting but not expecting old time to come back.

i've never had so many active friends playing starcraft..

sure i've been adding more people that actually play.. but maybe that's the problem :P THOSE people don't play anymore, there's still lots of people playing starcraft for A. how old it is and B. what type of game it is, i think the player base is doing just fine and i'm still having tons of fun !
Look at this loser.

Don't be like this person.
12/05/2018 11:26 AMPosted by xandar

Same here. When WoL/HotS were removed, I retreated to the editor for 2 years..
12/05/2017 08:38 PMPosted by Zaybree
12/05/2017 07:35 PMPosted by Yuurei
Custom Melee games will let you play Wings of Liberty balanced games. Ladder for Wings of Liberty is no longer supported as Nub said.

Care to explain to us why it isn't supported, since you're such a know-it-all. I'm sure that having a $500 server or two host an old version of the ladder for the couple hundred people that would still play it is just too much of a financial burden for a multi tens of billions dollar company to handle.

Please, enlighten us, since you've taken it upon yourself to be unofficial spokesperson/village idiot.

Whoah, look at this extremely butt-blasted scrub who lashes out at people who provide accurate information. Do you think this forum is your own personal temper tantrum zone? Go cry into your pillow kiddo, no one cares.