Co-op Missions Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
1. Vermillion Problem - boring

2. Mist Opportunities - I hate Stetman

3. Part & Parcel - cute the first time, annoying after that
1. Cradle of Death
2. Dead on Night
3. Miner Evacuation
1. Cradle of Death - Still don't like how slow the truck is, and the waves should start further from the base. "An attack wave is coming for your truck" shouldn't be airdropped in if the truck hasn't left the base.

Cradle is the only one I really hate. These others are okay.

2. Dead of Night - The nighttime waves are ridiculously overwhelming. No static defense can stop them (at least with my favorite commanders).

3. Miner Evac - Solely due to the bonuses being painful. The Eradicators just chew up the Outlaws.

4. Vermillion Problem - Should have more crystals each lava round. I typically clear the entire map before we can win. It should be possible to do this map faster.

5. Mist Opportunities - Should have an option to deploy the gas bots sooner.

6. Scythe of Amon - I like this map, but the bonus is just silly.

7. Trains - I hate how quickly the enemy rebuilds their bases.
From flipping through the older posts, it seems a useful feature would be a way to turn off the map's character's voice. Ctrl-S does all sound. We need something like a Ctrl-A to turn off the announcer (Stetmann, Sgt. Hammer, etc) without losing the rest of the sound.

That would alleviate about 1/3 of the complaints.
I'd like to make groups. Alphabetical order under each.

Pick often/love in random:
Dead of Night
Oblivion Express

Pick sometimes/enjoy in random:
Cradle of Death
Part and Parcel
Scythe of Amon
Temple of the Past
Void Launch

Pick rarely, okay with in random:
Miner Evacuation
Mist Opportunities
Rifts to Korhal
Void Thrashing

Prefer not to play:
Chain of Ascension
Lock & Load
Malwarfare
The Vermillion Problem

So if I had to pick 3 to veto, it'd be Lock & Load, Malwarefare, and Vermillion Problem. I like Chain of Ascension slightly more.
Cradle of Death
Lock and Load
Chain of Ascension

In that specific order. I bet at least some people will know why they are bad.
Malwarfare
Part and Parcel
Chain of Ascension
Lock and Load.

The first 2 just have certain dialog that either plays when it doesn't make sense, or is really annoying.

The second 2 are just annoying because if my partner is lame I can't even play the game.
Vermillion and rifts to korhal and maybe lock and load aswell
I’m with you on those exact 3 maps OP. Such trash
1.) Cradle of Death - Too damn cramped
2.) Rifts to Korhal - Too damn basic
3.) Void Thrashing - Too damn short
11/26/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Gungnir

2. Dead of Night - The nighttime waves are ridiculously overwhelming. No static defense can stop them (at least with my favorite commanders).

[/quote]

That's because - read my lips - IT IS NOT A DEFENDING MAP. The only commander who can mount a viable defend only strategy is Karax, and even he will eventually get overrun.

The mechanic of the map is to ATTACK - i.e. clear off the infestation as fast as possible before each building starts to spawn 10 aberrations at a time.

Nothing makes me want to pull my hair out like getting stuck with a Raynor who patiently keeps adding one bunker at a time and refuses to clear during the day.

On topic - 3 maps to veto -

1. FARMER EVACUATION
2. Void thrashing only for Sgt Toots
3. Cradle of Death
But I like my cannons...

12/15/2018 08:11 PMPosted by RanjitB
1. FARMER EVACUATION

Getting into the new Warcraft 3 Reforged already, eh?
12/15/2018 08:11 PMPosted by RanjitB
11/26/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Gungnir

That's because - read my lips - IT IS NOT A DEFENDING MAP. The only commander who can mount a viable defend only strategy is Karax, and even he will eventually get overrun.

The mechanic of the map is to ATTACK - i.e. clear off the infestation as fast as possible before each building starts to spawn 10 aberrations at a time.

Nothing makes me want to pull my hair out like getting stuck with a Raynor who patiently keeps adding one bunker at a time and refuses to clear during the day.

On topic - 3 maps to veto -

1. FARMER EVACUATION
2. Void thrashing only for Sgt Toots
3. Cradle of Death[/quote]
That is not true. On DoN you can survive without killing houses until the maximum map time with nearly 8 hours is reached in SC II shut itself down.
And here I was wondering why there was no mention of Cradle of Death on the front page. Then I read the dates.

There's really no map that comes close to it in terms of how annoying to play it is.

Sure, Vermilion is kind of boring and the lava basically stops you from playing half the time it's there, but it's not that annoying.

Sure, Void Trashing is too quick and both it and Rifts to Korhal are kind of basic (or boring), but they aren't actually annoying.

Sure, if you get Mist Opportunities too often Stetman can be quite annoying.

Sure, Davis is quite annoying about how you're all about to die, but I've never had problems with collecting parts.

Sure, if you play Stukov on Malwarfare you're at quite the disadvantage, but it's nothing a little imagination can't solve. And it definitely isn't annoying -unless your partner is remarkably bad.

Sure, Miner Evacuation and Dead of Night aren't exactly standard maps, but that makes them a bit more interesting. Commanders with defense-oriented or booming tactics can have their time to shine.
I'll agree that Dead of Night requires a partner that isn't utterly clueless, but usually most commanders can defend on up to 3 fronts rather easily if needed.

Sure, Chain of Ascension can get a bit frustrating if your partner doesn't take note of how easily Ji'nara can be pushed back, or that you have to push her so the hybrids don't make you lose by the time you get to them. But that's a bit more into the player side of thing than just the map itself.

I'll give you Scythe of Amon though. It gets annoying fast. Especially with players who don't know the order you should break the slivers in (get the north one in 3rd, at least).
Doesn't help that the bonus is kind of really stupid. Or that the expansion is guarded and most players don't want to rush it.

I guess Lock and Load is also pretty bad. But it's likely more the difficulty option of Brutal making attack waves more common than anything else. Having to run everywhere and leave stuff behind to warp back is quite annoying.
It also seems to be more common than any other, so that definitely doesn't help.

But overall, nothing is worse than Cradle of Death.
I've actually had some people leave and stating, before doing so, that it was because of it. And when I tell myself "just one more game" and am then faced with it, I am overly tempted to do so as well.

So,
1. Cradle of Death -overall worst map
2. Scythe of Amon -most annoying map excluding the above
3. Lock and Load -most bland map that can somehow also be annoying
With the current map pool I'd probably veto:

1) Mist Opportunities. There's just so much downtime and I'm tired of fighting with my ally to see who can camp the spawn points more effectively.

2) Void Thrashing. I'm just bored with it.

3) Rifts to Korhal. Same as above.

Cradle of Death isn't my favorite, and it can be frustrating, but I think I prefer the frustration to the boredom.
12/17/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Machariel
With the current map pool I'd probably veto:

1) Mist Opportunities. There's just so much downtime and I'm tired of fighting with my ally to see who can camp the spawn points more effectively.

2) Void Thrashing. I'm just bored with it.

3) Rifts to Korhal. Same as above.

Cradle of Death isn't my favorite, and it can be frustrating, but I think I prefer the frustration to the boredom.

Yeah, same for mist. I would probably also do temple because it is just as long as mist and almost as bad for spawn camping fest.

Speed running rifts and void thrashing still hasn’t gotten old for me, but rifts is getting close.

Currently, my veto would be:
Mist opportunities
Cradle of death
Temple of the past*

With temple swapping out with rifts every now and then.
Dead of Night have 3 gases.
There are no expansion for extra gases.
so why not make one of Vespene Geysers to produce Rich Vespene that yields twice the amount to compensate?

Also Vermillion Problem should have 5 Crystals at Sixth Larva Rise.
The Mission is too slow as it is.
2+2+2+3+4+5+5.

Mist Opportunities, The problem is with Stettman's Slow Robots and the player has nothing to do after destroying the base.
I don't the the appropriate solution for this...
1. Cradle of Death - Just annoying tbh.
2. Void Thrashing - Basic, linear, not fun or challenging.
3. Rifts to Korhal - Basic, linear, not fun or challenging.
There aren't any maps that I would want to actually veto. None of them are THAT offensive to me methinks. However, there are those that are still my least favorite:

1) Mist Opportunties
Something about Stetman's voice got real annoying, real quick. One time, the harverstor bots were under attack, but I totally missed that. Would've been nice if Stetman gave us a warning. Turns out, he did, but I managed to drown out his voice!

2) Part & Parcel
Wish it would indicate parts locations in a better way. For one game, as Karax, my Swann ally didn't bother gathering more than a few parts. No biggie... it'll be an unusual where I carry us. I get the remaining parts in a corner of the map, only to come up short for "wave 3"... 67 out of 70! The rest were on the opposite side of the map, of which I didn't have time to get over there!

Will need to get back to map #3