Community Update – Design Changes

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 19 Next
Why nerf oracle build times and damage?
Blizz could just make them start with 25 energy (maybe with +25 via upgrade) so you need to wait for some time before harassing. Then it's up to player to decide if he wants to harass earlier or longer.

Disruptors look very strong vs toss & terran now. They have too much burst damage & range. IMO with that damage they should work like a big-AOE ravager (ground-only) so they are used like a siege/siege-breaker/positioning tool, not a generic universal damage-dealer.
Disrupters only seem strong because of the pick up range on the WP. Nerf the pick up range or revert the buff you gave it and put the range to how it was back in hots.
I like it.
I would like to see the point defense drone added back, that was a great support for big battles.
What i dont like about the disruptors is why the hell do units move on their own against disruptors . Imagine if Lurkers has same behavior against enemy .
Locking power behind upgrades probably shouldn't be the catch-all answer, but what about putting the large Warp Prism pick-up range behind a Robotics Bay upgrade?

e.g.
  • Reduce Warp Prism pick-up range from 6 to 2.
  • Harmonic Attunement - Costs 150m 150g and 84 seconds (120 Blizzard seconds) to research. Increases the Warp Prism's pick-up range by +4 (for its icon, I personally used the Arbiter Recall icon from the campaign, since the two units look similar head-on)

I still wonder if Chrono Boost should be looked at rather than changing units to accommodate for it, again locking its power behind an upgrade if necessary if the fast Chrono Boost is desired for the late-game.
If there is two things I would suggest it would be:
Raven:
    Increase supply to 3

Replace Interference Matrix with PDD.

Make PDD a research ability and replace Enhanced Munitions with Durable Materials which would increase the duration of PDD, increase the amount of healing done by repair drone.

Make Anti-Armor Missile start with Enhanced Munitions but increase the amount of energy to use

-------------------------------------------------
Immortal:
    Replace barrier with Harden Shield

That's all I can think of.
11/18/2017 08:05 PMPosted by IIllllllllll
What i dont like about the disruptors is why the hell do units move on their own against disruptors . Imagine if Lurkers has same behavior against enemy .

its not a bug ????always thoght it was a bug but with protoss units you never know..........
If PDD was to return, the only ability it should possibly replace is the Repair Drone, and even then it's debatable in regards to its power (although I personally think the Point-Defense Drone has more utility than the Repair Drone).

The Interference Matrix has some uses against Vipers and the Protoss Mothership - for one thing, it disables the cloaking field and stops offensive recalls.
Stalker too strong? they seem perfect if u think about: Marine or anything kill prisme barely instantly, so we have nothing to really counter drop from med boost or having like 6 stalkin in each base... terran have scan and turret and raven to detect. zerg have spore and overseer which they are kindly alot tanky, humm protoss have obs? wow something that 1 marine kill in 3 second? so against ghost rush and lurker observer will suck and are already terribad to survive because you need robo to make them and most of your strong unit..
i can put 4 zealot in a prisme.... but zerg can put 4 queen in overseer... seem soo fair to me? blizzard doesnt want the pylon rush attack and put something even stronger that u can still attack with... battery... which they gonna even change that becauyse other race will QQ. but queen can attack which they arent made for it... drill cost ... make mine live longer? sure make a unit that burrow with aeo insane dmg even stronger? when some of gm already dont need the change to micro mine and medivac... and seriously 22 vs light? so now EVEN ORACLE WILL NEED TO 3 SHOT to kill A WORKER...... wtf is this joke? oracle are already weak ''a group of 6 marine'' yeah right you are seein only 1 side of the medal... the only thing too op atm is the shield battery nothing less nothing more... terran need to learn their race as other race does... anyways too much thing to say and im not complaining about balance and im playin since sc1... but im more complaining about those who complaining about the balance becasue they cant win a game... Tip for zerg (Rush 8 queen put them in ovy and drop) GG they just keep healing after healing lol if propely target.,.. anyway =) this reply will have at least 10k dislike... and im wondering why every player i meet on ladder say that toss is now the hardest race to play.. i played zerg on sc1 toss on sc2... im not gonna switch race even if all my unit do 1 dps so blizzard think about nerf...
11/18/2017 01:56 PMPosted by Myste

Disruptors look very strong vs toss & terran now. They have too much burst damage & range. IMO with that damage they should work like a big-AOE ravager (ground-only) so they are used like a siege/siege-breaker/positioning tool, not a generic universal damage-dealer.

New distruptors is very weak compared to old distruptor.
Old distruptor had greater damage and bigger area of effect.
It seems more powerful right now because player use it more, before it was just a forgotten unit.
So if you say they are powerful it just mean you never saw a distruptor in the old patch.
L
  • [li]

[/quote]

Then you should increase back prism HP since it will get insta killed
11/19/2017 12:22 AMPosted by FriendlyProb
L
  • [li]

Then you should increase back prism HP since it will get insta killed

That I'm fine with, although I'm not sure about insta-killed.
Infestor talk: now that burrow fungal is being removed, are the changes being removed for contact boxes for more visibility while burrowed also being removed? Those were added to give opponents a chance at seeing them burrowed to help balance the unit, but now that burrow fungal is gone, these changes aren't necessary.

So, are they?
+1 to look at chrono, not at build time of units.

Also, the nerf to infestors(I believe fungal radius was the main problem for bio) and shieldbatteries, while buffing their counter (ghosts), that is radical.
So when are you going to fix matchmaking algorithm for multiplayer, so it lets you compete against people of same skill, even if the searchtime is long?
11/19/2017 12:20 AMPosted by FriendlyProb

New distruptors is very weak compared to old distruptor.
Old distruptor had greater damage and bigger area of effect.
It seems more powerful right now because player use it more, before it was just a forgotten unit.
So if you say they are powerful it just mean you never saw a distruptor in the old patch.

I used them in both patches.
They deal less damage per shot now because you can't throw nova inside enemy army.
But they are a lot easier to control. You don't need to control nova now - just fire and forget. And with x1.5 lower cooldown it's a lot easier to constantly spam them non-stop.
Awesome work! every change here felt like it was hitting an area of concern.
I read through 5 pages of comments, but nowhere did I see anyone bringing up the issue with chrono boost being the problem with fast oracle and other rush builds from protoss. If the oracle build time is increased it will affect the later stages of the game as well. If the chrono boost got changed to a 50% boost during 20 seconds instead of 100% boost during 10 seconds, the overall boost is unaffected but stacked boost is nerfed. The early oracle will be delayed without making every oracle delayed.
Ghost is getting nerfed, not buffed: proposed chaged would increase its cost and proposed gimmicky mechanic won't make a ghost any better.
This is ridiculous.

I love ghost look and the way it is supposed to be. But in terms of gameplay it was barely usable (only if you already have a large advantage over zerg) and has become completely dead after the patch. And the proposed change would make it EVEN WORSE.