Unit scale

Editor Discussion
Hello. I'm fairly new to the map editor. I've been trying to create a unit with an ability that causes it to change size, but have not been able to. I created a set scale event in the unit's actor, but it does not allow me to change the unit's XYZ scale.

If anyone has a solution for this problem, it would be appreciated.
Haven't tried it, so I'm taking a guess here. Maybe it'd be easier to just have the unit "morph" into other units that are the same, just different sizes. Like how the siege tank morphs to siege mode, or zerg morph into other units.
^ this.

If you actually wanted to just change the existing unit, you would have to change a few things.
1. Unit radius (so that it's collision with other units is bigger)
2. Unit inner radius (so that its collision with buildings is bigger)
3. Actor scale (so that it actually looks bigger)

I'm pretty sure some of those things can't be changed easily, so morphing is definitely the way to go. Create a duplicate of your unit (including a new actor) and update the above 3 values for it. Then give the first unit the Morph ability. If you wanna see it in action, examine the siege tank, or even just reskin the siege tank for your purposes.

Getting the graphics to behave properly with morphing is not a beginner topic (moderate id say), so maybe search for a tutorial on the subject. sc2mapster.com has lots of great resources.
03/17/2018 10:00 AMPosted by SneakySnake
^ this.

If you actually wanted to just change the existing unit, you would have to change a few things.
1. Unit radius (so that it's collision with other units is bigger)
2. Unit inner radius (so that its collision with buildings is bigger)
3. Actor scale (so that it actually looks bigger)

The problem is that it simply doesn't allow me to modify the actor scale. But thanks for the help.
1. Create buttom called grow Type:(Normal Settings)
2. Create behavior called grow Type:(Buff Behavior)
3. Create effect called grow Type:(Apply Behavior)
4. Ability called grow Type:(Instant-Effect)

5. Everything connected automatically.
6. Go to your unit Actor Events.

Create new Event (Message Type: Behavior
Source: Grow
: On

Action Tab (Message Type: Set Scale)

Now you can change the Scale of Unit XYZ
Additional you can set the duration of the insert.
+ Go to your Unit

Add Grow in your Abilities
Add Grow at your command Card
Go to your Ability and search for "Orders+"
Buttom: Grow

Go back to your Unit
Add Grow at your command Card