Co-op Mission Update - Artanis Revamp

Co-op Missions Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9
05/28/2019 02:55 PMPosted by LeBron
05/28/2019 02:44 PMPosted by Moraeth
... Your comments would have been better received if they'd been published in a new thread instead of bringing back one from last year. We hate on necro posting pretty hard here.

Necro, by the way, refers to posting in an old thread that was basically dead before.
Thanks the info. But let's be real, people hate on everything. Thinking that they need any reason for that is nothing more than Illusion.
I said better received, not well received lol. The majority of forum users here are higher-tier players with a heavy dose of 'get good' mentality.
It's not just the necro, it's that I vehemently disagree with your ideas! :)

1-No good heavy anti-air option (outside of dragoons)

Tempests. Psi Storm. Spear of Adun calldowns.
2-Worst Capital ship. It is somehow even worst than the Ladder version of this unit. I don't even know how is it possible?!

Yeah, Tempests aren't very good. Neither are (non-Fenix) carriers or battlecruisers.
3-No good cost-effective Wave clearing ability

Psi Storm. Spear of Adun calldowns.
4-Close to zero mobility

Instant pylon field anywhere with vision = mobility.
5-Almost always needs to use all of his units against all air composition/Waves also against bigger ground Waves. It wouldn't be a big deal if He would have any mobility.

I don't understand this complaint. Is it just "needs to use his army"?
6-No healing at all.

Literally so what? Just make more units.
7-No Hero unit

So what?
8-Worst commanders abilities! (outside of Guardian Shell)

I'll give you this one, but Solar Bombardment is pretty ace and can nuke objectives. And, Guardian Shell is REALLY strong.
9-All of his units very very boring and slow. (outside of Dragoons)

But you can just warp them in where they need to be, so...?
05/28/2019 03:12 PMPosted by Machariel
t's not just the necro, it's that I vehemently disagree with your ideas! :)

Besides what you just said, here's one more:

05/28/2019 02:11 PMPosted by LeBron
9-All of his units very very boring and slow. (outside of Dragoons)

Yeah, zealots are slow (and boring with whirlwind)... Phoenixes too (with dual-gravity lift, it's basically one of the most trollish ways to play vs the AI).

Also, if you're calling dragoons fast...
Artanis is one of the most vanilla commanders, he's somewhat boring but gets things done. He's definitely beginner friendly because guardian shell and overcharge make his units hilariously tanky.

I can't advocate for him to gain healing, otherwise he would have no reason at all to care who gets paired with him.

Giving him a hero makes him both less beginner friendly (which, yes, is important). And it makes him feel extremely close to Alarak, who'd just in turn be looked at as the squishy Artanis commander.

But yeah, you'd have had a better response if you made a new thread. It's not really that relevant to the original post, and would've probably taken less time.
Why are you guys still argue here. If I understand well all of this new comments are necro. So what's the issue again?

05/28/2019 02:59 PMPosted by Moraeth
<span class="truncated">...</span>Thanks the info. But let's be real, people hate on everything. Thinking that they need any reason for that is nothing more than Illusion.
I said better received, not well received lol. The majority of forum users here are higher-tier players with a heavy dose of 'get good' mentality.
Since my Spine surgery was 10 years ago I have less mobility in my arms/hands. I am so sorry if that's not good enough mentality for you.
I misread the OP date as "May 29, 2019" instead of "Mar 29, 2018"

Was wondering how we time travelled into tomorrow :x