Protoss Sits in Base

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Watches netflix.

Then a moves army across the map for win.

Nothing can be done about it.

Awesome matchup.
Get good.
04/01/2018 07:30 AMPosted by KyunG
Get good.

Being good isn't a part of the equation when your race allows you to watch Netflix to absolutely no disadvantage.
04/01/2018 07:31 AMPosted by zenasprime
Being good isn't a part of the equation when your race allows you to watch Netflix to absolutely no disadvantage.

You're !@#$ing gold, shut up and get good.
Shield battery + photon cannon + 3 stalkers. No micro. just sits and watches the game play itself, vs 9 marines + 2 marauders with focus fire (375/150 vs 850/75) ends with 3 stalkers vs 0 marines/0 marauders.

Dude didn't even scout.
04/01/2018 07:36 AMPosted by KyunG
04/01/2018 07:31 AMPosted by zenasprime

My league doesn't matter. It's a game. It should be playable by everyone at every level of play.

The Protoss player shouldn't be using bronze technique of sitting in his base, without scouting, without an army, and just watch netflix while he the game builds structures. then A-Move across the map when his army is finished, going back to watch Netflix while his army plays the game for him.

This is bull!@#$.
Zenasprime, just focus on improving your macro for now. TvP may be in a poor state design wise for high level Terrans, but it doesn't affect players like me and you that much. You are in Gold and I am in Platinum. What is keeping us from advancing further is our macro.

Literally improving our macro is enough to overcome any deficit in TvP. Try to win in the mid game with a strong two base push and make sure your macro is on point. Minimal micro like stutter step and pre-split is also enough to supplement your emphasis on macro.
Photon cannon against terran? i wonder if he didnt go 2-3 stargates?
04/01/2018 07:40 AMPosted by zenasprime
Shield battery + photon cannon + 3 stalkers. No micro. just sits and watches the game play itself, vs 9 marines + 2 marauders with focus fire (375/150 vs 850/75) ends with 3 stalkers vs 0 marines/0 marauders.

Something's wrong with your math

Shield battery + photon cannon + 3 stalkers = 100 + 150 + 375/150 = 625/150
9 marines + 2 marauders = 450 + 200/50 = 650/50
04/01/2018 07:29 AMPosted by zenasprime
Watches netflix.

Then a moves army across the map for win.

Nothing can be done about it.

Awesome matchup.

You know, I've played terran and protoss. After playing terran when I return to protoss because I usually lose because I forget how much attention it takes to hold drops, after executing them with one eye closed
Shield battery + photon cannon + 3 stalkers... (375/150)

It's closer to 625/150 when you include the static D. Similar story with Terran bunkers though. 1 bunk + marines with 2 marauders behind it (about 550/50) can kill like 6 stalkers (750/300).

The reason KyunG is saying "get good" is that you're bashing your face against a wall in these scenerios. your 9 marines and 2 marauders would beat those 3 stalkers in a fight without the static defense, right? Well then expand! If your opponent is committing $ toward static defense, that can't help him attack your bases, meaning you are safe to expand once or twice and get a huge economy lead.

In addition, you can use your army to block the enemy's expansions. His shield battery and cannon defending his natural won't help him take a 3rd base, so exploit that. You can even sit on his 3rd location if you keep an eye on his army. If he can't expand, he'll never get the $ he needs to beat your army.
04/01/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Locke
04/01/2018 07:40 AMPosted by zenasprime

It is only that if you neglect the fact that they have to buy a pylon as well so it is actually-
725/150 vs 650/50
04/01/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Rhyme
The reason KyunG is saying "get good" is that you're bashing your face against a wall in these scenerios. your 9 marines and 2 marauders would beat those 3 stalkers in a fight without the static defense, right? Well then expand! If your opponent is committing $ toward static defense, that can't help him attack your bases, meaning you are safe to expand once or twice and get a huge economy lead.

Sure, I could do that, but the damn matchup becomes more and more difficult the longer it goes. My macro doesn't mean anything later in the game when he's been given free reign to sit in his base and mass carriers, which I can do absolutely nothing about.

This is every game in TvP in Gold/Platinum. The Toss sits in his base, safe behind whatever static defenses they've put down early game, watches some Netflix until they have an army, or even better, masses carriers off of 2-3 bases (3rd base on neon violet square is easy to take and defend) and then just a-moves for the victory.

I'm never going to be the kind of good that will allow be to play evenly against this kind of match up. I just don't have the time to invest in developing that kind of APM. BUT I shouldn't have to be 2-3x better then my Protoss opponent just to play the game. That's BS.
04/01/2018 08:23 AMPosted by ASConviction
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It is only that if you neglect the fact that they have to buy a pylon as well so it is actually-
725/150 vs 650/50

it doesn't matter to me if he had an army twice mine in cost if that player can just watch Nextflix while getting there. These toss players don't have to do anything to achieve the kind of success they are achieving in comparison to the Terran players. That's BS.
And if you can not do "that" and that", what is the point of complaining? You are at exactly at the level that yoy deserve.....at Silver or Gold.
When you will improve you will advance on ladder.
Balance and design only begin to have an perceptible effect at Grand Master level.
You are a long way off-GM dude!
Hey, its that guy that whines about Warchest being a bad thing. Nice to see you change your whine topic.
04/01/2018 07:41 AMPosted by zenasprime
<span class="truncated">...</span>

My league doesn't matter. It's a game. It should be playable by everyone at every level of play.

The Protoss player shouldn't be using bronze technique of sitting in his base, without scouting, without an army, and just watch netflix while he the game builds structures. then A-Move across the map when his army is finished, going back to watch Netflix while his army plays the game for him.

This is bull!@#$.
You can a-move as every race in Gold.

Since you haven't posted any replays (so we can't know for sure), I would also wager that you try to micro too much and it hurts you because your focus is not on more important things.

- Diamond Random
04/01/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Goba
And if you can not do "that" and that", what is the point of complaining? You are at exactly at the level that yoy deserve.....at Silver or Gold.
When you will improve you will advance on ladder.
Balance and design only begin to have an perceptible effect at Grand Master level.
You are a long way off-GM dude!

Winning versus someone because they can play the game while watching Netflix isn't improvement. It's a poorly balanced game.
04/01/2018 09:01 AMPosted by NinjaDuckBob
You can a-move as every race in Gold.

I'd love to see that replay of you a-moving your Terran army vs anyone in gold.
If that was the case all protoss players would be placed between GM and Ptatium.