Is SC2 dying?

General Discussion
Hard to find games.
Sometimes 10+ mins.
And it seems the quality of the partners or enemies are also declining.
Was not this bad 1+ years ago.
I guess it is coming to an end slowly but surely?

Am I rite?
Its doing ok
http://www.rankedftw.com/stats/population/1v1/#v=2&r=-2&sy=g&sx=a
teams always had a low population. in 1s its barely 1 minute for me even at 3am.
07/02/2018 02:38 AMPosted by IIIIIIIIIIII
Was not this bad 1+ years ago.
Yes it was, way worse. F2P helped a lot to attracting players and after the change the population grew x2 or x3. I remember 1,5-2years ago I was trying to get some easy achivevements by playing on wol/hots/team, but queue times were extremely high 10 min for a 1v1 game and the same for teams so I had to come back to legacy 1v1 because it had the shortest queue and was faster to get achievements that way.
Population is fine but the matchmaking tries to match the best player (master) with a silver player most of the time while playing against two other master player with a slightly smaller MMR.

Normally this starts to happen at around 4k - 4.4k MMR.
07/02/2018 03:03 AMPosted by LoliLover
F2P helped a lot to attracting players and after the change the population grew x2 or x3.

Yea that's why you match the same players over and over, cause it expanded so much after F2P.
07/02/2018 03:13 AMPosted by Askur
Population is fine but the matchmaking tries to match the best player (master) with a silver player most of the time while playing against two other master player with a slightly smaller MMR.

Ok this is happening to me alot, thats why I am losing interest, also it takes ages to find a game.

And what is F2P lol?

So you guys rekon it has grown?
07/02/2018 03:40 AMPosted by IIIIIIIIIIII
07/02/2018 03:13 AMPosted by Askur

Ok this is happening to me alot, thats why I am losing interest, also it takes ages to find a game.

And what is F2P lol?

So you guys rekon it has grown?

F2P means Free to Play.

Check out some of the top 2on2 streams on twitch and you will see this problem happen all the time. A while back there was a patch that changed matchmaking. It was meant to improve the 1on1 experience but in turn destroyed the 2on2 experience.
I hate the laddering system, sometimes if I beat 2x arranged masters in 2v2 I will gain like 3 pts, but if they beat me and I have a low league ally I will lose like 15+ pts. Wtf!?
10/20/2018 01:52 AMPosted by IIIIIIIIIIII
I hate the laddering system, sometimes if I beat 2x arranged masters in 2v2 I will gain like 3 pts, but if they beat me and I have a low league ally I will lose like 15+ pts. Wtf!?

Blizzard, to make better match making for the silver-diamond, destroyed team games for masters level players. Not enough masters players, so after a min, they throw you into a queue with whomever.
they refuse to fix their mess of a game so ladders and rankings will continue to mean nothing

THIS GAME IS DEAD DEAD DEAD , blizz don't care, the community doesn't care, everyone has long jumped ship of this utter carcrash of a game, it is the worst thing out there.
07/02/2018 02:55 AMPosted by Ascarecroww
teams always had a low population. in 1s its barely 1 minute for me even at 3am.

This is still true today as well. Team games is just not StarCraft 2's goal in design.

10/20/2018 06:00 PMPosted by llll
they refuse to fix their mess of a game so ladders and rankings will continue to mean nothing

THIS GAME IS DEAD DEAD DEAD , blizz don't care, the community doesn't care, everyone has long jumped ship of this utter carcrash of a game, it is the worst thing out there.

You should know that being an anonymous idiot doesn't achieve anything. You should give up on trying to deface Blizzard over your own petty feelings. Be a more reasonable individual and just quit coming around if you hate it so much. There are plenty of other free games to play, you can sour those instead with your crappy attitude. Or just leave, I'm sure nobody wants a salty loser like you.
SC - the longest dying game in the world. Srly, do you know that I've read such statements for like 15 years and the game still stay strong?
No.
The game is just as popular as it was 3 years ago thanks to free to play.

SC2 is the most competitive 1v1 game on the planet. Team games are just an afterthought and no one takes them seriously.

Playing team games in SC2 is like trying to play 1v1 in LOL, the game is just not made for that.
10/21/2018 11:22 PMPosted by PlayLikeMaru
The game is just as popular as it was 3 years ago thanks to free to play.

SC2 is the most competitive 1v1 game on the planet. Team games are just an afterthought and no one takes them seriously.

Playing team games in SC2 is like trying to play 1v1 in LOL, the game is just not made for that.

During peak times, team games are found in less than a minute, no matter the size. People who play team games play in US from 5pm-12pm. Literally the longest i ever wait is 5 min and that is it for a 4vs4
LOTV pretty much kill a team games. 2v2 or more is chaotic mess. Most of players go to Co-op. Some like me simply leave the game. Or they play only 1v1.