2000+ APM 600+ average APM??

General Discussion
Just lost to a Zerg player, which is no big deal, I actually thought nothing of it. Until I looked at the after game report. It said he was at 600 apm. I average around 120, the most I see is around 230 at my level. So I thought 600 was rather odd. Then I looked in game, at times his APM was spiking to over 2000. I don't even know if that is humanly possible. He must have been using some kind of computer assisted macro tool. Am I crazy, or does this seem off to anyone else?

Also is there a good place to post replays, I've been away from StarCraft for a while, so I don't know of any good places online to upload replays. Let me know, and I will post the replay if people are interested
OK, just watched even more of the replay, he got to over 4000 APM. I don't care who you are. There is no way that is humanly possible. Where can I share this replay?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik
OK that was funny, but I'm serious. We can't have cheaters on ladder. I just saw his APM hit 6000. No joke. Definitely cheating.
07/07/2018 03:16 PMPosted by FeralGamer
Where can I share this replay?
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Replay_Websites

You shouldn't post that replay here (since it includes the name of the accused player, which violates the code of conduct); attach it to a report to the support crew instead.
Thanks
I saw someone in Platinum with 500apm recently as well.
Ya, just check the replay. If people are using computer run macro tools, in my opinion that is cheating. I haven't seen anything like this before on ladder. Because I know how serious Blizzard takes this stuff.
Who is down voting these threads where hacks are being exposed with evidence better yet why would down vote them?
guys this is easy select all your workers and hold mining button down =2000+apm
select mass larva hold zergling key down =1500+amp
morph a !@#$ ton of banesby holding morph button down and by moving the point they a moving afterwards =more than 3000apm while doing almost nothing

so no hacks

and also there is a rapid fire key combination in hotkey section what many used back where ghost sniped fast with low dmg in hots/wol
07/07/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Commander
morph a !@#$ ton of banesby holding morph button down and by moving the point they a moving afterwards =more than 3000apm while doing almost nothing

so no hacks

and also there is a rapid fire key combination in hotkey section what many used back where ghost sniped fast with low dmg in hots/wol

I used rapid fire set up especially with Infestors IT it gives you nowhere near 1000apm.

The actions you mention just about get you in the 200-300 range and won't give you an average of 600apm.
just use brood war consol and you see it yourself while doing it the apm spikes around 2000

maybe rapid fire give you nowhere near 1000 idk about it
but with
mass zergling producing, bane morph and worker mining button is true
In burst moments I can reach 300+ APM, even reaching around around 600+ APM playing late game TvP sometimes. It's not that impressive mind you, it's mostly spamming EMPs and dodging storms.

My average APM for a late game TvP is usually around 150-200 APM though. However, thousands of APM seems rather fishy, even pushed to my limits mechanically, I can only manage several hundred APM.
you can get to 600 apm playing normally

definitely not avg, but even masters players can hit 600
In bw i had 1000 apm so i guess i am the best in bw right?
07/07/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Dexter
you can get to 600 apm playing normally

definitely not avg, but even masters players can hit 600

half of it is useless spam apm
nice try i beaten 400 apm with just 100 apm
seen gms beating 400 apm with 100 apm
Its easy to get such apms with zerg due to spamming and holding the production keys down (e.g. while building lings or morphing banes, ...).

Also a lot of zerg players (especially pros) shorten the keyboard delay (in pc settings), which is perfectly okay (and allowed in wcs tournaments). This helps having higher apm a lot.

For those who don't know, an easy way to make macro a little bit faster is by changing your keyboard settings:
- Open up the control panel
- In the search bar at the top right, search for "keyboard" and open it up.
- There are two options called "Repeat delay" and "repeat rate". Slide them all the way to the right.

This makes it so that when you hold down the key on the keyboard, it sends more inputs per second. It also reduces the amount of time before it starts rapidly sending those signals. This is especially useful for zerg. If you want to spend 40 larvae worth of zerglings, this will greatly reduce the amount of time you need to hold down the key!

This is only useful for zerg production, since for terran/toss cueing too many units is counterproductive, because it would tie up resources that could be used for other things otherwise.

For excample TLO has often games with 800+ average apm.
Usually non-zerg pros have around 300-400 apm in average btw.
So its not necessarily a "cheat".
It is really peculiar how only Protoss posters here defend ppl with 4000- 6000apm.
07/07/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Static
07/07/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Commander

so no hacks

I used rapid fire set up especially with Infestors IT it gives you nowhere near 1000apm.

The actions you mention just about get you in the 200-300 range and won't give you an average of 600apm.

Apm will vary with rapid fire based on the equipment you're using. I'm not sure of the upper limits of this, but I know a high quality keyboard for example will have a better rate than a standard one. My old keyboard which was the one that came with my computer would only reach 900-1000 when holding a key down. My newer one can hit 1600~ and it was just a cheap one as well, better than my old by far, but still cheaper. I'd assume if you had a really nice one this could easily go into the 3-4000 range.

Now as for the op that's a lot considering even pros who would use any tools to be faster which are permitted only average 3-400 on the higher end. I'd do as suggested and send the replay in to blizzard so they can review it.
Obv macro hacks unless someone is holding D or Z the entire game. Some of these responses are absurd.