Co-Op Mutation #119: Bannable Offense

Co-op Missions Discussion
Polls changed to CtG's official polls. Sorry dasvik
Just did this hero solo as Abathur/Dehaka. As I suspected, it does make Power Overwhelming not trigger too often and I only had to replace one brutalisk the whole game.
08/14/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Machariel
Do EMP and Feedback work against Power Overwhelming?
Not feedback; tried it. Was very annoyed. Still beat it on brutal.
Fun fact - the last new mutation was #69 What Goes Around. That was September 4 2017, 344 days ago.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20758808524
Warning: Alarak will not have a good time here, you're likely going to lose your ascendants if they're badly positioned even once and psionic orbs are really bad here. Did it in my first run but essentially got carried by a Kerri and other Alaraks have reported same experiences
Very fun. Not hard, but very fun.
08/14/2018 12:22 PMPosted by ILIKEPIE
My personal thoughts on my single mutation run (take with grain of salt).

Carrier karax.

No seriously, carrier karax. It's the ultimate late game carry. they're pretty immune to abilities, lotta waves for spear.

Downsides:
  • early game is pretty bad, you're going to need serious help on the first 2 checkpoints. (though you can, if your macro is good enough, put some cannons on 2nd point)
  • Spear isn't that great for softening defenses/picking off units because of teleport

Pair up with a commander that can survive (and hopefully thrive in) the early game and you'll do very well

I like fenix better, cheap carriers and crazy powerful early game with gateway champions, and even if your early army gets owned before your carriers are ready avenging protocol lets 1 of each carve through armies like nothing.
Hell, It's about time. New Weekly Mutation started! So surprise!

• Abathur Solo - Full Clear
  • https://youtu.be/SFHatdsDwiY

• Kerrigan + Dehaka(Full Clear by Hero Only)
  • Kerrigan's perspective https://youtu.be/CknCLWyI4xw
    Dehaka's pespective https://youtu.be/IoLe4x5ww-Y
    08/14/2018 07:41 PMPosted by BrosifStylin
    Warning: Alarak will not have a good time here, you're likely going to lose your ascendants if they're badly positioned even once and psionic orbs are really bad here. Did it in my first run but essentially got carried by a Kerri and other Alaraks have reported same experiences

I tried once as H&H with a bad Swann ally (mass Goliaths, didn't even get Science Vessels). Just lost too many units.

Then I tried again as Alarak (with Abathur ally) and easily won. Without Ascendants. Ascendants have a few problems here, but an important once is that they're basically irreplaceable late game -- you can't build up their stacks again.

But Supplicants/Slayers with a few Havocs/Wrathwalkers...that both holds up much better and can be replaced quickly and easily (well, the Supplicants/Slayers can -- that's why they're the vast bulk of your force).

Supplicants are already insanely tanky and Phasing Armor/Blink makes a big difference on Slayers. We were even able to split up with me defending waves and killing towers while the Abathur cleared ahead for the next checkpoint.
    This was a really easy one.

Almost soloed it with a joke of a Kerrigan ally (literally didn't even use Assimilation Wave for 15 minutes and just A-moved Kerrigan and hydras around), then beat it easily with a reasonable Artanis ally.

Fun fact - when an AI liberator teleports after taking damage it loses its ground target and has to re-acquire.

For a lot of commanders its kind of RNG, though. If they fire off a big Black Hole right as a wave spawns you could lose your whole army.

Yup, can confirm, A-move armies have a way better time dealing with this muta than ascendants and you cant really mindblast everything.
    08/14/2018 11:27 AMPosted by ILIKEPIE

[Hybrid Structure Disable Thing]

Its name is 'Phase Shift'
    Just did it with Nova and Raynor ally. My thoughts:
    - As Nova mech is usually better because her mechanical units have more hp, which is huge advantage against storms / seeker missles. Her bio dies easilly, especially marines (radiate is real pain in butt)
    - Ghosts EMP's actually works against power overwhelming, but it's hard to hit enemies with this since they're constantly blinking around.
    - Raven turrets are great if you're facing ground army. Buildings are immune to most of the energy based abilities.

- As raynor, going bio is awfull idea. Instead try vultures and mines, or help your ally with medics. If you can manage it, BC's might be good choice but require lot of time to get there. Make sure your ally can handle early / mid game with your cooldowns only.
    - Your abilities will be your main strenght during pushes. Banshees are great because of low cooldown, I would suggest this mastery instead of Hiperion.
    08/15/2018 02:49 AMPosted by Majes
    - As raynor, going bio is awfull idea. Instead try vultures and mines, or help your ally with medics.

Raynor can do both bio and Vultures. You don't benefit from additional Vultures beyond a certain point due to economy or APM limitations, so it's better to have a small squad of Vultures actively laying mines while the rest of your minerals go into building bio forces.
    Did it first try on Brutal as Zagara with an Abathur partner.

I had 6 hatcheries and about 34 drones on minerals (plus 6 drones for vespene).
    I basically pumped out as many Zerglings as possible and sent them constantly rushing in great waves against the enemy's forces.

They would use up all their energy using silly abilities on my forces, then Abathur's horde was able to march in and deliver the final blow.

It was a bit tricky trying to keep the zerglings constantly going sometimes, but it was worth it, Abathur's army took minimal damage and was swiftly built up into an unstoppable horde. The last point was very easy to take and hold.
    If you end up facing Protoss be sure to have detection against observers, as they can also cast spells.
    Abathur and same as always 16 queens, 6 ultimate evolutions and about 24 roaches, cannot be killed :) Brute force ftw.
    08/14/2018 10:44 PMPosted by Balkoth

I tried once as H&H with a bad Swann ally (mass Goliaths, didn't even get Science Vessels). Just lost too many units.

Then I tried again as Alarak (with Abathur ally) and easily won. Without Ascendants. Ascendants have a few problems here, but an important once is that they're basically irreplaceable late game -- you can't build up their stacks again.

But Supplicants/Slayers with a few Havocs/Wrathwalkers...that both holds up much better and can be replaced quickly and easily (well, the Supplicants/Slayers can -- that's why they're the vast bulk of your force).

Supplicants are already insanely tanky and Phasing Armor/Blink makes a big difference on Slayers. We were even able to split up with me defending waves and killing towers while the Abathur cleared ahead for the next checkpoint.

Yeah supplicants are superior here with Alarak. Instead of slayers I'd say you might want wrathwalkers instead but I don't think it makes a huge difference altogether necessarily. So maybe a correction: if you plan on going Alarak, don't go for ascendants.

Ascendants are doable though, I've seen it myself, but it's really easy to lose them if misplaced. + Slayers/Wrathwalkers do far better vs. the objectives themselves.
    Got it first try with an Alarak ally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ik3WblieFQ
    Were there even a mutation? I did not feel it. Kerrigan is great for this one but Stukov not that good since the creep does not expand fast enough.
    But the name though, they lack inspiration for sure.