Selendis/Tosh/Overmind most requested

Co-op Missions Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 12 Next
In order to make Selendis be more unique; what are the chances we will get new units like Han & Horner did? They got Assault Galleons and Strike Fighters.
09/01/2018 05:00 PMPosted by ZealousGamer
In order to make Selendis be more unique; what are the chances we will get new units like Han & Horner did? They got Assault Galleons and Strike Fighters.
Assault galleons and strike fighters are budget new units as they have reused unit portraits and lack unique voicelines. They could make new units for Selendis, but odds are they will do the same to save money.
09/01/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Marty
Assault galleons and strike fighters are budget new units as they have reused unit portraits and lack unique voicelines. They could make new units for Selendis, but odds are they will do the same to save money.

What do you think Selendis could get? New ground unit? Air unit? Cut unit?
Overmind
And because we have some new votes one new update:
Selendis 22
Tosh 19
Overmind 14
Niadra 8
Zeratul 5.5
Valerian 5
Stettmann 4
DuGalle 3.5
Izsha 3
Warfield 2
Narud/Duran/Hybrid Commander 2
Aldaris 1
Human Kerrigan 1
Rohana 1
Ouros 1
Tassadar 1
Ji’nara 1
Ulrezaj 1
09/02/2018 01:15 AMPosted by Koronus
And because we have some new votes one new update:
Selendis 22
Tosh 19
Overmind 14
Niadra 8
Zeratul 5.5
Valerian 5
Stettmann 4
DuGalle 3.5
Izsha 3
Warfield 2
Aldaris 1
Human Kerrigan 1
Rohana 1
Ouros 1
Tassadar 1
Ji’nara 1
Ulrezaj 1

Thank you. 1st post updated
My vote goes to Tosh
Valerian
I want to change my vote from Overmind to Ulrezaj.
Selendis
Terran: Tosh, Valerian, Umojan Commander
Protoss: Selendis, Ji'nara
Zerg: Niadra, Kilysa, Nak'tul, Ryloth, Simulant Commander
09/01/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Marty

Not just portraits the entire skins are from the HOTS campaign - mission where you take the Hyperion through the asteroids. So very little new actual programming there.

I don't recall any special Protoss units from the campaign that haven't already been used, though.
09/04/2018 12:20 AMPosted by Olinser

Not just portraits the entire skins are from the HOTS campaign - mission where you take the Hyperion through the asteroids. So very little new actual programming there.

The tac fighters used by the upgraded assault galleons use the models of units from that mission, the galleons and strike fighters are completely new assets (along with the dominion starport, the strike fighter platform and... uh, every other unit and building HH produces except for mag mines)

09/04/2018 12:20 AMPosted by Olinser
I don't recall any special Protoss units from the campaign that haven't already been used, though.

There's a number of unit variants that haven't been used, things like the blood hunter, avenger, default sentry and the arbiter, but there's also campaign units like the Stone Zealot and the laundry list of cancelled/partially usable in the editor units
Selendis 23
Tosh 20
Overmind 13
Niadra 8
Valerian 6
Zeratul 5.5
Stettmann 4
DuGalle 3.5
Izsha 3
Warfield 2
Ulrezaj 2
Aldaris 1
Human Kerrigan 1
Rohana 1
Ouros 1
Tassadar 1
Ji’nara 1
Updated with most recent votes and changed vote by nakayuri. 1st post on page 1 also updated
Overmind, I mean Broodwar style bring back Defilers.
Zeratul
Selendis 23
Tosh 20
Overmind 14
Niadra 8
Zeratul 6.5
Valerian 6
Stettmann 4
DuGalle 3.5
Izsha 3
Warfield 2
Ulrezaj 2
Aldaris 1
Human Kerrigan 1
Rohana 1
Ouros 1
Tassadar 1
Ji’nara 1

1st post updated as well
I would personally vote Tosh, not least because he is an actual mercenary with no master (although canonically has remained a reliable if cynical ally of Raynor).

Plus it would be interesting to have Spectre-based armies that work differently to Nova and her Ghosts (e.g. being able to use multiple nukes, albeit weaker than Nova's, more on par with the Versus-mode nuke). Plus Ultrasonic Pulse would be a great crowd-control mechanic that would pair well with an ally's Hellbats or Psionic Storm, say.

My second choice would be Admiral Urun, as a Skytoss-centric commander. To be absolutely annoying with lore, he is alive as of the war against Amon, and was only killed much later by Niadra, while Selendis fell prey to the corrupted Khala and, if anything, is probably the executor in charge of the enemy Protoss armies that we face in all of the missions.
I not there to vote really because I already did tho... Why no Ariel Hanson?
Stettmann was so annying.
Any way perso I would love to see a Hanson Medic/Support focus commander.
Selendis Golden Armada faction and Tosh's Project Shadowblade team gaining momentum now.