So how do like dragoon changes?

Co-op Missions Discussion
I think they are quite nice. Dragoons are much more microable with the increased move and attack speed.

The passive, double shield regen in combat combined with decent micro feels borderline OP... its almost like dragoons have a built in Karax heal ray. I like it!

I suspect that quite some builds with Dragoon will become more popular now... like Dragoon-Reaver, Dragoon-Templar, Dragoon-Tempest.
I like the changes but would like higher base damage and no antiarmor damage better.
The changes feel really good and make dragoons very fun to use. They're actually a viable unit now, I think, just as much as zealots are
Does Vorazun's pylon cloaking bonus multiply total shield regen for Dragoons or just base?
Dragoons are amazing now, you can actually see the shields regenerating on the spot, microing them makes sense, and they are really powerful.
I tried a Dragoon/Immortal comp in Cradle of Death, it worked wonders, like, actually keeping a Dragoon army against a zerg army that had Aberrations and all?
No way. Probably best change of the patch, although I have a weak spot for Warprism changes.
Dragoons are very nice now.
Btw did they fix that bug with phoenix not receiving the extra range when upgraded?
09/05/2018 07:29 AMPosted by AfterStar
Dragoons are very nice now.
Btw did they fix that bug with phoenix not receiving the extra range when upgraded?

Yeah that was fixed a bit back. The most notable bug fix is them fixing Raynor's mech range upgrade not working on his Cruisers.
They are nice. IMO they are not OP and still not a unit you want to max out on, but they are in a decent spot.

You still want to use other units, especially against swarmy comps or stuff with a lot of heavy armor damage.
They're legit good now.
Mass dragoons and a few reavers or archons to handle swarm of small units is extremely strong against any enemy composition now.

Unfortunately Zealots now cost way too much for what they offer compared to Dragoons.
Zealots needs to be faster now. There is something wrong when a range unit is faster than a melee unit :P and zealots are also way to expensive for what they offer.
Maybe replace Zealot Charge with Zealot Leg Enhancement in Brood War?
Dragoons under Vorazun's cloaking field are indeed a meme to behold. Thumbs up!
09/05/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Auragami
They are nice. IMO they are not OP and still not a unit you want to max out on, but they are in a decent spot.

Actually mass dragoons works quite well at least sometimes.

I managed to defend all 4 entrances on Dead of Night with only dragoons on each entrance. The top + right entrance can be guarded by one larger group.

The passive shield regen is really great against slow sustained attacks. And it also makes them very resilient against Chokers and Kaboomers too - though you need a lot of micro to fokus them on 4 sides. Used to warp in some Spinlots on larger attacks though.
They don't have smart targeting like siege tanks do, so they have a lot of overkill if you don't micro manage targeting with them but overall they are quite strong.
I like to mix Dragoons with a few reavers, sometimes some immortals too.
Never making zealots again.
Been testing out a robo comp around Immortals/Dragoons and Reavers - the changes around the Dragoons is nice being able to stutterstep enemy ranged.
Still not really worth the gas, but at least now they have a bigger niche and also are significantly better at being that unit you get a few of because no-one else in my army shoots up.
09/05/2018 12:42 PMPosted by CruelAngel
Maybe replace Zealot Charge with Zealot Leg Enhancement in Brood War?

Or they could just make charge give the same massive movement speed buff it gives in multiplayer, which is significantly better that the paltry buff present in co-op.
Unauthorized Transmission

#bringbackoriginaldragoonvoicebox
Dragoons are still fat and get stuck on each other, but at least their DPS is kinda respectable.... at least vs air where artanis lacks proper anti-armored before tempest.