Tychus needs an orbital center

Co-op Missions Discussion
he's so lack of minerals....i've never see a commander who has plenty gas and waiting for minerals to buy gears/upgrade weapon and armor.or maybe just cut down the mineral cost?
Was a bit surprised as well that he did not have mules.
Tychus really is one of the few commanders who lacks spare minerals for static defenses in late game.
09/06/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Chitose
he's so lack of minerals....i've never see a commander who has plenty gas and waiting for minerals

Ever played Alarak? Ascendants consume supplicants like no tomorrow.
09/06/2018 08:17 AMPosted by kAI
09/06/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Chitose
he's so lack of minerals....i've never see a commander who has plenty gas and waiting for minerals

I love ascendants too,but the question is,u only need to feed them with supplicants,but thats not so hurry,Ascs are powerful enough when they eat 3 or 4,supplicants,if ur lack of minerals at the moments,u can wait for 1 or 2 min,that doesnt matter at all,but Tychus always needs to buy the gears as quickly as possible
For god sake dont give Tychus any eco boost! He is already so powerful he doesnt need it. I really dont want to see all upgrades done at 15 min mark. Just try to think which button you press. I dont think having so much resources to be able to insta buy and uprade everything would be any good.
Tychus is REALLY mineral starved, though I never seemed to run out of gas.

Giving an extra gas to your Vorazun/Nova partner is a perfectly viable strategy when playing Tychus.
Mineral starvation is problem for accessing Advanced Ultimate gear loads lategame.

He could really do with MULES and/or just tweak the Engineering Bay upgrade costs for the time being to compensate for the wargear pricing.
09/06/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Chitose
09/06/2018 08:17 AMPosted by kAI

I love ascendants too,but the question is,u only need to feed them with supplicants,but thats not so hurry,Ascs are powerful enough when they eat 3 or 4,supplicants,if ur lack of minerals at the moments,u can wait for 1 or 2 min,that doesnt matter at all,but Tychus always needs to buy the gears as quickly as possible

But you dont need all 4 gear at 10min mark either? Some are quite "meh" even, and can be skipped.
Every commander is limited by something for their macro: minerals, gas, supply, time, apm. Tychus’ macro is just fine currently.
You can improve your builder order by not mining until you have all minerals saturated all the time. So if you have 7 patches, then you only task your command center to gas once you have 14 mineral workers. This includes your natural as well (although you don't need a third and fourth gas as Tychus unless you want defense upgrades on a commander where your units never die).

Even if you're the kind of person who wants all the upgrades/buildings, you can still max all his outlaws by the 25 minute mark. And yes, this includes the weirdos doing triple engineering bay because some streamer said to.

You really don't need his engineering bay except for the Big Red Button upgrade since you'll instantly kill everything with abilities and Sirius comes with detection on his turrets.
09/06/2018 12:11 PMPosted by llllllllllll
You can improve your builder order by not mining until you have all minerals saturated all the time. So if you have 7 patches, then you only task your command center to gas once you have 14 mineral workers. This includes your natural as well (although you don't need a third and fourth gas as Tychus unless you want defense upgrades on a commander where your units never die).

Even if you're the kind of person who wants all the upgrades/buildings, you can still max all his outlaws by the 25 minute mark. And yes, this includes the weirdos doing triple engineering bay because some streamer said to.

You really don't need his engineering bay except for the Big Red Button upgrade since you'll instantly kill everything with abilities and Sirius comes with detection on his turrets.

but i cant find another commander who needs 25MIN to get a completed army with full upgrade and highest weapon/armor level,and until tychus get full upgrades,he cant spare even 1000 minerals to build some turrents in some conditions.
It is weird that the only things that Tychus can spend unlimited resources, revival and static defense, cost minerals. However Tychus lacks minerals. He never has gas problem, literally, I don't mean "in comparison to minerals". However he has nowhere to spam gas. His economy is really weird.
09/06/2018 12:11 PMPosted by llllllllllll

I finished Buy buy buy (buy buy) achievement in brutal with few seconds left. It means in a normal game that you upgrade everything and maybe build both muscle and fixer buildings, it take over 20 minutes at least. Other commanders are maxed out with full tech.
I feel like it needs... Something... Maybe a Gas burning option.

My idea for a simple change to fix the gas to mineral Ratio, is make it so Commanders need Gas To bring back instead of minerals...

This will encourage full gas saturation so you can rebuild fast if you wipe, and takes a small (but highly felt) mineral tax off reviving heros.

Possibly also drop turret mineral cost and add a gas price... 100/50 ?