When you read these words : "the ez race"

General Discussion
Terran
09/24/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Velitey
Terran

I always laugh at how easily I crush Terrans when they try widow mines instead of tanks. Widow mines require a lot more micro from the terran, and there is viable counter-micro that the zerg can do. Mutas swooping in and picking mines off, lings drawing mine shots on top of bio, banelings detonated over groups of burrowed mines that are too clumped.

I miss the days when zerg had viable unit comps other than hydra bane. Hydra bane is boring strategically and tactically with the only option to turtle for eternity.

Terran really has become an easy race since the siege tank deleted roaches and thors deleted mutas.
Terran

https://twitter.com/IEM/status/970101525166075904
Terran

http://www.rankedftw.com/stats/races/1v1/#v=2&r=-2&l=-2
09/24/2018 11:42 AMPosted by BourneKilla
Terran

From these facts we can conclude:

- Terran is the most common race in general.
- Terran is the most popular race for low-league players bar-none.

Both these help support the conclusion that Terran is very newb-friendly: Terran is the most popular race in general because newbs love it. Terran is the most popular race at low levels because lots of newb love it.

09/24/2018 11:40 AMPosted by BourneKilla
Terran

You know that Showtime is trolling you, right?
09/24/2018 11:44 AMPosted by tEhbAtZ
09/24/2018 11:42 AMPosted by BourneKilla

From these facts we can conclude:

- Terran is the most common race in general.
- Terran is the most popular race for low-league players bar-none.

Both these help support the conclusion that Terran is very newb-friendly: Terran is the most popular race in general because newbs love it. Terran is the most popular race at low levels because lots of newb love it.

09/24/2018 11:40 AMPosted by BourneKilla

You know that Showtime is trolling you, right?

Exactly, bro. Zerg is consistently rewarded with higher league levels for playing it, why? It's hard. Terran is consistently punished with lower leagues. Why? Ez.

Also, Showtime, Harstem, Beastyqt, Snute, David Kim, Lowko (Zerg Main GM streamer), Crank (former Protoss pro)... They're ALL just trolling.

Don't worry, Batz. They're all wrong. You're right.
09/24/2018 12:01 PMPosted by BourneKilla
Zerg is consistently rewarded with higher league levels for playing it, why? It's hard. Terran is consistently punished with lower leagues

We've been over this Bourne. Terran's aren't pushed to lower leagues. They clearly prefer terran since they don't race-switch. Yet, if Terran is so hard to play that it has a massive negative impact on your rank, there is a clear incentive to race-switch. Yet they don't. Terran remains the most popular race at low levels. Ergo, Terran is the easiest race for them and that's why they prefer it.
Maru is probably going to proxy his way to a Blizzcon win and only after that will the gears start turning in peoples' heads just like what happened with Byun.

You seem to forget about the Serral factor.
09/24/2018 12:35 PMPosted by srav
Maru is probably going to proxy his way to a Blizzcon win and only after that will the gears start turning in peoples' heads just like what happened with Byun.

You seem to forget about the Serral factor.

Serral is losing steam. His winrate in Montreal was terrible compared to his previous victories. He will have to beat far stronger opponents than the ones he's lost to at Montreal.

Neeb was in an almost identical position last year. He won 3x wcs events and a korean event, and then he got destroyed at blizzcon. I don't think there is any substantial reason to believe that serral is any different.
. His winrate in Montreal was terrible compared to his previous victories.

He had a lot of ZvZ though, it's a volatile match up that can go either way very quickly. It's not as "clean" as the other MUs.
09/24/2018 01:00 PMPosted by srav
. His winrate in Montreal was terrible compared to his previous victories.

He had a lot of ZvZ though, it's a volatile match up that can go either way very quickly. It's not as "clean" as the other MUs.

Which is why I hate ZvZ, such a sacky MU that's insanely hard to read.
09/24/2018 02:57 AMPosted by srav
Which comes to mind ?

Oddly enough, Terran. Not entirely sure why.
09/24/2018 12:29 PMPosted by tEhbAtZ
09/24/2018 12:01 PMPosted by BourneKilla
Zerg is consistently rewarded with higher league levels for playing it, why? It's hard. Terran is consistently punished with lower leagues

We've been over this Bourne. Terran's aren't pushed to lower leagues. They clearly prefer terran since they don't race-switch. Yet, if Terran is so hard to play that it has a massive negative impact on your rank, there is a clear incentive to race-switch. Yet they don't. Terran remains the most popular race at low levels. Ergo, Terran is the easiest race for them and that's why they prefer it.

Batz when there's a million more Zerg pro players:
"YOU CAN'T INTERPRET THEIR DECISIONS TO PLAY THE RACE, RIDICULOUS THAT YOU THINK YOU CAN DO THAT!"

Batz when there's consistently higher representation in GM for Zerg:
Obviously there's just a lot more skilled players deciding all at once to play Zerg.
White. American faction. No question about it.

• Economic advantage
• Upgrade advantage
• Historically allowed to harass other races without counter-play
• Best early game
• Best late game

Only disadvantage is the "/dance" command is broken for us.
Zerg, Insect, Queen, Kerrigan etc.

OP, can refill workers too quick, needs to be gutted.

Which comes to mind ?
09/24/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Corsair

• Economic advantage
• Upgrade advantage
• Best early game
• Best late game

He he he....
It ain't over until the fat lady sings. (The lady sang in 1812 and 1945).......
09/24/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Corsair

• Economic advantage
• Upgrade advantage
• Best early game
• Best late game

Lol. Technically, Asians and Jews are overpowered, but I love this answer.
09/24/2018 01:00 PMPosted by srav
He had a lot of ZvZ though

That didn't affect his win-rate in the past.
This depends on so many factors lol

Personally its probably Zerg that comes to mind but that is probably due to me learning starcraft 2 as Zerg and the changes Zerg has had in LOTV lending VERY well to a defensive macro focused player like myself with big buffs to core units like Banelings and Hydras while having minimal extra spell casters.

Certain races will feel easy to different people and different playstyles. I'm not a fan of designing races around being good at one thing/game period and terrible at others as it just makes some races FEEL easier than others. This is where alot of the complaints are coming from I think.

I personally feel the less micro intensive and less punishing a races army is the "easier" it will feel. But make no mistake, no race is objectively "easier" than another.

Edit: I'd like to add that no one race intrinsically "whines" more than any other, we're all just players and whining is a result of frustration. Keep that in mind.
Which comes to mind ?

What comes to mind: Person making an excuse for why they lost rather than reflecting on any potential mistakes they've made.