[Suggestion] Solo and no mutators in custom

Co-op Missions Discussion
Solo in hard and brutal (no mutators) without having to find someone spend time to load the map and leave game for you to practice may create chance for newer players to practice and improve their skills while solo with mutators can create chance for higher skill lvl players to find more challenge and more ways for them to enjoy coop.

P/S: This is not suggesting to make entire custom in coop to solo only but just suggesting to make it possible to play solo in custom.
I'm going to be honest... I kind of like it when my ally leaves/drops. I now get to preview another commander that I don't have! True, the ones that cost money are all of them are playable up to lv5 prior to purchase, but it was nice to try out a lv11 Zeratul before I purchased the bundle! 8-)

Not sure if Blizzard will go for this... There was one site which had a variety of board games. When asked why one card game couldn't have its 2p and 3p variants implemented, the response was they prefer 4p to 7p games. Something about shooting for larger and fewer games vs. smaller and more games? However, Blizzard's in a whole different league, so they should be able to accommodate this.
This'd definitely be helpful. It's a bit of a bother always having to use Sandboxie. One thing of note, though, is Blizzard would need to do a little more work than just letting you play without an ally. They'd need to decide how to deal with forced Co-op maps. If they go the route of letting you control your ally, they'd have problems of polish with top bar access and issues like Omega Worm incompatibility. If they remove the ally entirely, do they also remove their main base's resources?

Custom Mutation currently always gives normal game's XP, so I imagine they'd want to avoid it being too likely that playing solo was actually easier than playing with a stranger. That'd push them to no ally at all, no ally main or expansion resources, and special handling for every forced Co-op map.
While I personally don't see any reason for how and why this could have a negative impact on my game, I still want to take this opportunity and retour a reply I got a lot from people who do solo/speed runs:

I would rather not have them waste their dev time on this feature. Too few people would benefit. Give us more maps and commanders instead.
11/28/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Elyssaen
One thing of note, though, is Blizzard would need to do a little more work than just letting you play without an ally. They'd need to decide how to deal with forced Co-op maps. If they go the route of letting you control your ally, they'd have problems of polish with top bar access and issues like Omega Worm incompatibility. If they remove the ally entirely, do they also remove their main base's resources?

They could just make it behave as though your ally left the game during the loading screen. The extra polish wouldn't be necessary.
That's not coop anymore then. Should be a different mode.
11/28/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Jagriff
They could just make it behave as though your ally left the game during the loading screen. The extra polish wouldn't be necessary.
To be solo, ally workers shouldn't harvest automatically.
11/28/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Fearless
11/28/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Jagriff
To be solo, ally workers shouldn't harvest automatically.

Of course there are little things they could do to make things nicer, but even with automatic mining the player would just have to stop mining (and build a worker to spend the extra 50M).
The uncertainty of your allies' quality is part of the challenge as well.
This would be very helpful. I too like to play solo sometimes, though rarely do I have the opportunity. It feels bad asking a stranger to go through the loading process and leave right after (especially so if you are trying to solo a mutation and need to retry several times).

To address the coop problem - let the person pick their 'partner' so to speak. No different than having your ally bail at the start. Disabling any exp gains while playing this way would prevent abuse. You could also disable achievements if necessary but I suspect this would be a good way to try for certain Coop achievements without holding your partner back.

Not having access to top bar abilities of your ally isn't such a big deal. It wouldn't be a recommended form of play, merely a tool to practice or challenge yourself.
You can always join coop chat and ask for someone to join you and then quit at the beginning of the game.
11/28/2018 10:38 AMPosted by ackmondual
I'm going to be honest... I kind of like it when my ally leaves/drops. I now get to preview another commander that I don't have! True, the ones that cost money are all of them are playable up to lv5 prior to purchase, but it was nice to try out a lv11 Zeratul before I purchased the bundle! 8-)

Yeah, but you don't get to use the calldowns or some other abilities, so the commander you try out this way might feel different / underpowered.
On CN server there are practice co-op arcade maps. Not sure if you can find on other servers.

It will be very helpful if Blizzard introduce this as an official function.