[BUG] Wow, we have new forum profiles but...

General Discussion
The highest career rank is still displayed wrong. :D Also some games from "total games played" seems to be missing.
ya it say i plantinam noob but im not
yup mine says gold even though I've placed in diamond for the last 2 seasons
The last profile screen didnt include LotV on the highest career finish either.

My bet is this new profile is using the same outdated data
l don't blame them, it's just a small indie company
10/06/2018 09:39 AMPosted by EZcheezy
The last profile screen didnt include LotV on the highest career finish either.

My bet is this new profile is using the same outdated data

Correct, the online profiles are still using Heart of the Swarm data to display highest career finishes, and the border around your name. This was confirmed when the Heart of the Swarm ladder was still available to play, and I got master 1, and had the master border around portrait; however, the highest career finish never updated, even though I finished a Heart of the Swarm season in master.

Furthermore, this would be a really cool implementation to show border, and updated highest career finishes.
yeah its definitely time to update this.

3-4 years later... bliz what are you waiting for.
Awesome, been waiting for profiles to update for years. Do 90% of portraits still stop you from posting to the forums?

A little sad they don't have any new features like the statistics page from in-game or co-op related info that your profile have, but at least the page looks nice
10/06/2018 12:43 PMPosted by TheSkunk
Do 90% of portraits still stop you from posting to the forums?

Amazingly no.
It fix for me when it didn't for years. Not sure about you guys. I notice it when they fix a bug that was here for a year or so they refuse to fix which was portrait bug. There was two bugs in that one. Once fix the first time some players still couldn't log in and I was one of them. =/
10/07/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Exmortis
It fix for me when it didn't for years. Not sure about you guys. I notice it when they fix a bug that was here for a year or so they refuse to fix which was portrait bug. There was two bugs in that one. Once fix the first time some players still couldn't log in and I was one of them. =/

???
So just some speculation here, but the whole battle.net dev portal has gotten a facelift, including the promise of new and improved API endpoints for SC2 coming this month. Previously I've noticed many similarities between the api functionality and the forum profiles. For instance if you played any co-op missions your match history would throw a 500 error until you played enough non co-op games that the stored match history would no longer show the co-op matches. For a while they showed incorrect avatars (this also prevented you from posting to the forums, this seems to have been fixed VERY recently), and the highest finishing rank has been stale for YEARS (Both the API and the forum profile).

What this tells me is that the forum profile is probably using the same public API endpoints as is exposed to everybody else. With that said with more endpoints incoming. (Don't think I havent noticed the lack of match history in the latest profile update) There is hope we can get both more fixes and more functionality. As it stands unless you really care about achievements the new profile is pretty worthless. No league borders, no match history, and basically no useful stats. I'm hoping these features will be fleshed out once the rest of the SC2 API endpoints are released this month.
10/06/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Sentinel
10/06/2018 12:43 PMPosted by TheSkunk
Do 90% of portraits still stop you from posting to the forums?

Amazingly no.

Unless I'm missing something they actually did. A month or so ago i was prohibited from posting on the forums with this avatar. However now as you can plainly see I can, so I'm declaring that bug closed.
Also the match history is gone.

The new format looks great.