Retiring the StarCraft II Media Section

General Discussion
Over the last year, we’ve been upgrading the look of StarCraft2.com. Recently, we updated player profiles and trimmed down the content in the Media section. The old media is still temporarily available here. We wanted to give a heads-up that this content will be retired by the end of the year, at which point, it will no longer be available. If you want to download any of the media content from the old site, now is the time to do so.
What about the contents of http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/ particularly the lore content?

Will the lore content be moved to the current site or anywhere else? Right now it's still just on the old site and the six Wings of Liberty stories can't be read past the first page.

Also, what's happening with the digital comics? They appear to be among the items " trimmed" from the new Media page.
11/27/2018 12:48 PMPosted by HyperTurtle
What about the contents of http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/ particularly the lore content?

Will the lore content be moved to the current site or anywhere else? Right now it's still just on the old site and the six Wings of Liberty stories can't be read past the first page.

This is my biggest concern.

They just included references to those six not working Wings of Liberty stories in their most recent Co-op Commander and in Heroes of the Storm. Right now there's only a few backups and the wiki's summary but people really have to hunt for that content that they're adding in expecting people to get.

Shutting down the media section makes me sad, but the Game, Lore and Short Story sections are fairly massive and important to the lore community and have been stranded for over a year now. Hopefully we at least get an answer to the fate of those sections.
@Traysent

Looks like the whole legacy website is going to be removed, after all, why keep it if you have a new one, right? But I have a more complicated and technical question.

Right now I do make use of the OLD SC2 profile URLs, the ones that start as us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile and, you folks did one awesome job in putting a redirect function that automatically converts it to the new profile url.

This redirect function will also stop working by the end of the year?
How long until the lore section is gone because that has a lot of important things that can't be found anywhere else?
11/27/2018 02:34 PMPosted by CaptRaynor
How long until the lore section is gone because that has a lot of important things that can't be found anywhere else?

You can download PDF versions of the Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void content and Project Blackstone is available as an ebook. But there are no options to download the Wings of Liberty stories in any form...

Is there any possiblity of making these stories available as ebooks as was previously done with War Stories? I'd pay for them. I'd also appreciate it if all the website lore for units, heroes, and planets was included.
Thanks new Blizzard president, gj Blizzard -_-

Can't wait for StarCraft on mobiles /s
11/27/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Existor
Thanks new Blizzard president, gj Blizzard -_-

Can't wait for StarCraft on mobiles /s

What does a legacy webpage with artwork, wallpaper, and screenshots have to do with Blizzard's president or mobile division? Shouldn't any criticism be directed at the website administrators? Or do you just post that same thing on every thread?

I'm more interested in getting some insight towards what will be happening with the lore content in the future. Blizzard has been gradually re-releasing the PocketStar novels and TokyoPop mangas under their own publishing label. It would be a sad loss if all the short stories and comics from the legacy website weren't available anymore.
Any chance we can get this data added to the SC2 api? it would be great to have a way to let the community access it.
Could we please have this archived into a single downloadable zip file if possible? :)
..We wanted to give a heads-up that this content will be retired by the end of the year, at which point, it will no longer be available.

It is your very own right to do so. Would you mind tell me/us why?
11/29/2018 10:06 AMPosted by propagare
It is your very own right to do so. Would you mind tell me/us why?

Probably because most of this content was left on the old website when the new one was introduced along with free-to-play. The old website has been off the beaten path for a year and they likely want to free up some server space as Activision sounds like they want Blizzard to find a bunch of small ways to trim expenses down. I don't know how much demand there is for old artwork anyway.

But a lot of us would like more information about the legacy site beyond the media page. What will be deleted, what will stay there, and what will be migrated to a new home.
My Reddit comment containing links to zip files with mirrors of the content:
https://old.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/a0zmpa/retiring_the_starcraft_ii_media_section/earwpv3/
That link takes me nowhere .. :(
11/30/2018 07:52 AMPosted by Onslaught
That link takes me nowhere .. :(

That's strange. Anyway, let me repost the comment.

(copy-paste links to your browser's address bar. I can't make them clickable)

Media folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5geissuklzeuo4/media.blizzard.com.zip?dl=1
Full website copy saved with HTTrack (same as the link above + some html files and less relevant assets):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l69m57hhvkwd5hr/SC2%20Media.zip?dl=1
I can't download videos though, nor do they work in my browser.