Initializing forever

Technical Support
I've reinstalled SC2 due to some bugs regarding my update. When I reinstall the download bar shows "Initializing..." and gets stuck there. Didn't move for hours. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Battle.net client to fix but has not worked. Deleted Blizzard cache and whatnot but nothing worked. Please help a sad boi out.
Hi there GucciGang,

I am sorry to hear you ran in some bugs that have led you to here. Stuck at Initializing is never fun. In this case we may need a bit more information, but I have some basic things to try first.

First, let's reset the app as the cause here.
Perform Steps 1-5 here after that do not reinstall yet but follow these additional steps:

1. Open file explorer/file manager
    2. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA%
    3. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
    4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
    5. Empty the recycle bin.

If this does not work, can you tell me a bit about the bugs you were seeing in game?

I am probing for the information as you could have a DNS or Firewall issues. If the bugs coincide with this theory, we will have a direction to move. :)

/Nathardrick
Another forumer shared some steps you can take:
1. When stuck on "Initializing", switch the server to Asia.
2. Press Pause button.
3. Press the Resume button.

It should start downloading. However, the loading bar issue is still not fixed. I can't seem to play the game. Blues, hurry up already and fix the damn bug!!!
Anyone find fix for this?
There is a known issue with this currently. Please try the following steps:
    1. Change the region and pause the download
    2. Restart the download. It should say updating another application.
    3. Click Play and the download should start normally
11/08/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Nathardrick
Hi there GucciGang,

I am sorry to hear you ran in some bugs that have led you to here. Stuck at Initializing is never fun. In this case we may need a bit more information, but I have some basic things to try first.

First, let's reset the app as the cause here.
Perform Steps 1-5 [url="https://battle.net/support/article/30304"]here[/url] after that do not reinstall yet but follow these additional steps:

1. Open file explorer/file manager
    2. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA%
    3. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
    4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
    5. Empty the recycle bin.

If this does not work, can you tell me a bit about the bugs you were seeing in game?

I am probing for the information as you could have a DNS or Firewall issues. If the bugs coincide with this theory, we will have a direction to move. :)

/Nathardrick
11/08/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Kevin
2. Press Pause button.

It should start downloading. However, the loading bar issue is still not fixed. I can't seem to play the game. Blues, hurry up already and fix the damn bug!!!

This method have worked for me @@! Well, in the first time I though there were remaining files from register and try to delete on it. After that I did some mistake and I can't update nvidia driver or any application. And must reset Windows ==! Damn my life =+!
Well, I think Battle should do something about this issue. We must change the server location to fix it.
thanks for this I have been playing round all day trying to re install this game

11/08/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Kevin
2. Press Pause button.

11/08/2018 02:09 AMPosted by GucciGang
I've reinstalled SC2 due to some bugs regarding my update. When I reinstall the download bar shows "Initializing..." and gets stuck there. Didn't move for hours. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Battle.net client to fix but has not worked. Deleted Blizzard cache and whatnot but nothing worked. Please help a sad boi out.

same as here!
Blizzard I have tried all the above with no success.
Still initializing....

I have tried this on anther PC with a fresh windows 10 install with the exact same problem. I have also tried to download from a different network as well ending with the same result.

I can not get get past this.
All other blizzard games download and work.

Could you please let us know what is going on. Is there any other way to install this game. I love StarCraft 2 and it is painful owning it an unable to even play it.

:(

Please help us Blizzard.

Thank you.
Ok setting to Asia seems to have worked for me so far....
OH GOD I NEVER NEED GOOGLE TO FIND THIS ! THIS "Initializing" MAKE ME ****
2. Press Pause button.

Thanks for the quick response. Managed to resume my download proper without getting stuck at Initializing. Great help from the forumers and Blizzard tech support.
I had same problem. Initializing forever.

I thought it might a be a firewall issue as firewall issue has been the problem in the past.

I switched to asia server and then battle.net launcher is now downloading Starcraft 2. But yeah you gotta pause then unpause the download after you switch to asia server.
11/09/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Caterpepi
There is a known issue with this currently. Please try the following steps:
    1. Change the region and pause the download
    2. Restart the download. It should say updating another application.
    3. Click Play and the download should start normally

This worked for me, after trying to fix it for a few hours.
I don't know why the Battle.net launcher is so bad, Overwatch doesn't even want to load 70% of the time.
But i'm glad this fixed worked for SCII