Real Reason Serral Won

General Discussion
Zerg was slightly OP.

Let's face it, Stats had an iferror race. Yes he still got to the finals playing as Toss, but in the heads up against Serral he never really had a chance.

Protoss has to manage more in battles. They have to manage force fields, storm, dropping and picking up with arbiter, etc. While trying to drop harass at the same time.

Zerg has a much easier time. They merely need to manage corrosive bile, and movement.

Also zerg has a crazy speed advantage. How many times did we see stats try to get to bases to save them, only to see them destroyed before he even gets their.

So all Zerg really had to do was harass all around the map with ling,bane,roach, sit back and wait for an easy engagement.

Toss doesn't seem to have an answer to the swarm or speed, making the game slightly IMBA in my opinion.
This post is silly because it undermines the skill of Stats.

https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/2018_AfreecaTV_GSL_Super_Tournament_1
Zergs have been getting crushed since March this year and Serral alone is winning. How does this make the race strong in your head?

Protoss overall was the strongest race this year with a new Protoss player making every premier final. Stop whining.
I guess Serral only beat former BlizzCon champion Rogue and former runner-up Dark because Zerg is OP.
i knew i would get something to laugh about coming in this thread.
zergs literally got slapped around all tournament long, except serral
serral won because zerg op.
The OP is a sad troll who obviously understands nothing about the game, not much else to say
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/9u5ywt/serral_apm_25_minutes_in_game_5_of_wcs_grand/

Stats EPM during the finals was 214. Serral's was 303.

Serral was managing more engagements in more fights, and in each individual fight was doing more than his opponent.

He is just head and shoulders above his opponent.
I like how no one addressed the issued I raised.
12/12/2018 08:05 PMPosted by Bloodinface

Ssry mate, we lack psychologists on this forum, no one can help you with your problems.

Seriously, did you think you would find sympathy on here, telling us Serral won because of his race ? Go sleep, then watch how good he is before coming back here.
12/13/2018 02:56 AMPosted by Inthoxx

Ssry mate, we lack psychologists on this forum, no one can help you with your problems.

Seriously, did you think you would find sympathy on here, telling us Serral won because of his race ? Go sleep, then watch how good he is before coming back here.
I saw Serral offracing with Special (also offrace) and Serral wins all the time. He is simple good
Go ahead and explain why serral also beat dark and rogue convincingly, both of which stats beats as much as they beat him.

See it's almost like stats, rogue, and dark are all great players around a similar level of play, and then serral is better than all of them.

Zerg units are faster, and yes protoss units have more abilities to use. You failed to mention that it actually takes work to play against these things, more than it takes to use them in most cases. What's harder, casting a storm, or moving units out of a storm? It depends, but on average it's harder to group and move out of a storm. Also zerg uses more units that are weaker, this means that units get shaved off all the time and that lowers the dps of the army each time a unit dies, protoss has big bulky units that survive longer so the effective dps/supply of protoss units is much higher. This is why a protoss with 150-160 supply is still scary for a zerg with 200.
Serral also won vs well prepared Innovation and others post-patch.

Real Reason You Made This Thread, You Are An Idiot.

Because the "issue" you raised is only an issue on your mind, so there was no real issue to be addressed
11/30/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Bloodinface
Zerg was slightly OP.

Let's face it, Stats had an iferror race. Yes he still got to the finals playing as Toss, but in the heads up against Serral he never really had a chance.

Protoss has to manage more in battles. They have to manage force fields, storm, dropping and picking up with arbiter, etc. While trying to drop harass at the same time.

Zerg has a much easier time. They merely need to manage corrosive bile, and movement.

Also zerg has a crazy speed advantage. How many times did we see stats try to get to bases to save them, only to see them destroyed before he even gets their.

So all Zerg really had to do was harass all around the map with ling,bane,roach, sit back and wait for an easy engagement.

Toss doesn't seem to have an answer to the swarm or speed, making the game slightly IMBA in my opinion.
The answer to the swarm is called storm. As for speed what are you even talking about? You literally can warp units at any base to defend it at a moments notice... and its also called splitting, if 1/4th the Zerg army is attacking your third and multi pronging it’s time to get away from using f2 to defend one base and start getting off f2 and splitting your army.
Imagine being the guy who actually made this thread....

I don't want to imagine
protoss macro is much harder than zerg macro though imo, serral is so fast with his macro thats including creep spread that he like sees and knows nearly everything because he uses that apm to scout and poke and see whats coming and that makes him so good. I mean like someone said, winter or pig have done videos and it takes like less 0.06 second for serral to do his injects.....

I struggle a bit in the matchup because of the micro (mostly scouting)/macro and reacting properly at most all times. The game can go south for protoss very quick with zergs ability to counter attack and grow and eventually just throw units at you if you let zerg go even for just a bit.....and if you don't have the tech and stuff to punish you lose badly. Its like zerg can be so greedy and then just produce units to fend off an attack bcs gateway units themselves suck against zerg and when outnumbered with no splash damage. And zergs can depower pylons and do runbys in your expansions and you have to spend on batterys and cannons that may be useless anyway and they could just switch compositions at the drop of a dime their could be 10+ mutas in your main and you have to micro archons and a prism and still suppose to be macroing decently.....ugh. if you f2 move vs zerg you lose your critical air units: prisms, and oracles, observers if they got lurkers/hydras.

Either way......zerg has to do very little macro....still though they can lose easily too as units cost drones/workers and you throw away too much army not doing enough,, not killing the actual good protoss units (archons, immortals etc) protoss will crush you later. Or just go crush you then if they scouted and made gates and like 2 robos or whatever they need...in the early/mid game.
Serral is currently playing as Terran in an all-Finnish tournament.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/349338317

It's not the hardest competition, but the dude hasn't dropped a map with his offrace.
I think Zerg in ZvP is definitely favored by a bit... just watching Winters commentary on replays of the finals and what I think as well...its just the map control zerg can have and establish against protoss and the defenses/defensive play that has to be done as a protoss (ht or two plus cannons at third and fourth bases) and the fact that you need lots of gas heavy units in the matchup for both sides once the game goes decently long....and zerg can reinforce so quick and once they get up like 8 gasses its like oooo kkkay....and lings and banes can just kill whole damn mineral lines and such good fast defense for zerg. What can you do as protoss? you have to move out and go for it at some point with your main army and of course a protoss can't remake their army nearly as fast if they lose too much of it. Only things you can do is mess around with flying units (warp prism obviously) to try to scout and do damage to the zerg. Probably also why so many protoss go pheonix against serral so he doesnt have freakin overlords in the air spaces plus creep on the ground to see everything that can hurt him.