Matchmaking is a hoax

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
The more you play the more you realize Blizzard algoritms intentionally force 50/50. When 300 APMers are matched with 100 APMers and vise versa you know its all fraud. Game will "let you win" few times in a row, next sessions game will "bless you with crap matchmaking" which isn't a coincidence but rather well planned and intentional hoax by Blizzard.
Similar in other Blizzard games such as OW or Hots. Watch few rounds of Protech twitch and you see Blizzard force ridiculous matchmaking master players ally with platinum league players. It is pure garbage and Blizzard do it on purpose!
Who cares about APM. Any non-zerg above 160 APM is just spamming his group controls like a idiot because he saw streamers do it.
what do you expect ? Activision haven't fixed MMR since launch of LOTV, they are just paint eating slobs who ain't got the foggiest about balance
Anything under GM is more or less pointless to play. Especially random team such as 2 v 2. It's bad experience for good player like Master league who get plat in ally, as well as bad experience for plat player who play vs Master players. It is not even about skill, but about how Blizzard force you to play with their garbage matchmaking. Letting you lose 10 games in a row, next day letting you win like 8 games. I can not express how unsatisfied this is. 100% Blizzard do this nonsense on purpose. Probably one of the big reason they do it, is because of low population, next reason, they try to please everyone going towards casuals. IMO; only high skilled players can escape this madness, because Blizzard can't force their crap 50/50 algorithm on them because there's simply no better players than they are.
Are you saying that matchmaking should be based on APM instead of wins and losses against higher and lower ranked players?
No, im saying MM is fudged (on purpose!).
No, you just get plenty of free wins till you run into wall of players better than you.
Then you get some losses and it evens out.

Also, I regurally beat players with 180+ apm with 60-80. Its not about your apm.
Yes, it evens out because of 50/50 algorithm! Same in Hots and OW, hence Blizzard games losing players.
12/05/2018 12:38 PMPosted by srav
Who cares about APM. Any non-zerg above 160 APM is just spamming his group controls like a f*cking idiot because he saw streamers do it.

Well, that's a slight exaggeration; I definitely break 200 microing stalkers all the time. But yeah, APM gives rapidly diminishing returns past honestly even 120 APM.
Terran bio will also have very high apm by merely stutter stepping. APM really means nothing before GM.
12/05/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Kyobi
Terran bio will also have very high apm by merely stutter stepping. APM really means nothing before GM.

Not quite nothing. At least in PvZ I can only imagine what an extra 30 APM would do for my storming on multiple fronts. But then, that's again not quite APM because it's more SPM.
12/05/2018 02:51 PMPosted by WireBender

Not quite nothing. At least in PvZ I can only imagine what an extra 30 APM would do for my storming on multiple fronts. But then, that's again not quite APM because it's more SPM.

you named it, of course SPM matters, but since it is only possible to see the APM, what could be something totally useless like switching from your base to your overlord over and over while you have nothing better to do, it really means nothing if you see "ooohh my opponent had higher apm! That is why i lost!" Because as already sayed, its quite possible to come to masters only with APM around 100, if you have a good buildorder, good marcro etc.
What do you recommend instead, OP?
yeah what you recommend ? all games has they failure i think the system is ok is not perfect but ok i think in the blizzcon they talked about it and they are doing somethings very interesting for 2019 with google so be patient
Another bizarre post on this forum....... why am I not surprised?

But seriously...... the APM does not equal MMR, and regarding the 50/50 thing, yeah, that's the whole purpose of the algorithm...., that was clearly stated when the game came out. It's not a hoax, it's just a mechanism meant to make the game fun for everybody.... nobody would want to just lose every match (and even winning every match is not a lot of fun, if it's due to playing against much weaker players all the time. The best players will end up having a winning record anyways.....
At times I played against much weaker or much stronger players, but in general I find most matches are fairly balanced so, yeah, working as intended
bottom line..... smurfing, when leaving current ladder for a new just to roll over lower tier player's you are just going to have to get used to it
12/05/2018 06:32 PMPosted by niteowl
Another bizarre post on this forum....... why am I not surprised?

But seriously...... the APM does not equal MMR, and regarding the 50/50 thing, yeah, that's the whole purpose of the algorithm....

I think you misunderstood what he’s saying about the 50/50.

What it is doing is trying to rank you in a middle ground where when you win you on average get theoretically marginally harder opponents and slightly easier when you lose, with fluctuations being so small that all your opponent’s may as well be equal skill level.

What OP is saying is 50% of games it’s putting you against people who are leagues ahead of you and will near certainly win, and the other 50% it’s putting you against people who are noobs compared to you and are almost guaranteed to lose.
Someone remember goody being gm with around 120 apm?

I just dont get it, why so many people think apm = skill..

Its like thinking expensive clothes makes you a bodybuilder in gym.. while all you need is a normal shirt ans shorts.
Might be because of the lack of players. I keep being matched with and against the same players over and over. Like a pool of 20.

Id be playing any non-Terran race and have higher APM than any main race player of similar MMR.