LOL this clip - TvP

General Discussion
https://www.twitch.tv/juggernautjason/clip/AltruisticHelplessSrirachaBrokeBack?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time
Every time, lol. I know I won, but THAT’S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

It started asa joke but at this point it just keeps hapenning.
But balance team is getting mixed feedback on tempests. They are totally fine.
I laughed so hard watching that, I suppose it's nice to know i'm not alone in dying inside during those games
Giving a flying siege unit with the longest ATA range in the game that is also designed to counter the other races T3 air units out of match ups entirely a super fast speed without touching the range or the damage.

I'm sure nothing bad will happen. /s
01/02/2019 09:17 PMPosted by ProjctOrigin
https://www.twitch.tv/juggernautjason/clip/AltruisticHelplessSrirachaBrokeBack?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

God forbid others be able to do to terran what terran does to them!
01/02/2019 11:08 PMPosted by tEhbAtZ

What exactly is the Terran equivalent of this im curious

If you gave BCs speed of stimmed marine and 10 range, you would have point. But you dont.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

If you gave BCs speed of stimmed marine and 10 range, you would have point. But you dont.

But tempests don't have insane HP + armor + teleport + the ability to click and one shot things the terran doesn't want in the game + infinite heal (scvs). Tempest rushes are quite weak vs Terran compared to BC rushes vs Zerg. If this were TvZ and a BC rush, after losing the tempests you'd discover the Protoss has 4 bases fully saturated and 160 army supply and you've got nothing but vikings.

Terrans are hypocrites if they rush BCs in TvZ but complain about Tempests in TvP, which is exactly the case for Jason. It sucks being leveled with your own play and quite rage-provoking as you can see. I am glad that Terrans are finally getting a taste of their own medicine!

Also, don't forget how Terrans won three Code S in a row + a WESG through the sheer force of proxies alone. Protoss proxies are a SIN but when Maru is using them to win Code S he is a GOD! "Rules for thee, not for me" - terran cry force.
01/02/2019 11:32 PMPosted by tEhbAtZ

But tempests don't have insane HP + armor + teleport + the ability to click and one shot things the terran doesn't want in the game + infinite heal (scvs). Tempest rushes are quite weak vs Terran compared to BC rushes vs Zerg. If this were TvZ and a BC rush, after losing the tempests you'd discover the Protoss has 4 bases fully saturated and 160 army supply and you've got nothing but vikings.

Terrans are hypocrites if they rush BCs in TvZ but complain about Tempests in TvP, which is exactly the case for Jason. It sucks being leveled with your own play and quite rage-provoking as you can see. I am glad that Terrans are finally getting a taste of their own medicine!

Protoss has ability to teleport, They have one less armour than BC, They are MUCH cheaper, faster to build and have infinite heal when combined with shield batteries.
01/02/2019 11:44 PMPosted by Platys
Protoss has ability to teleport

At the cost of macro and with a significant delay during which the protoss units are vulnerable. TJ on the other hand has no drawbacks at all.

They have one less armour than BC

One armor is a really big deal.

infinite heal when combined with shield batteries

Nope. The heal is determined by burst damage and energy in shield batteries (which frequently get drained). If the tempests can be burst down, then no healing is possible. It's impossible to burst BCs down and BC repair is limited by income which isn't a limitation so it's effectively infinite.

They are MUCH cheaper, faster to build

But are much higher commitment and thus far less macro oriented. Imagine if the Protoss could do a tempest rush without the need to proxy, and to have infinite heal only needed a few probes, and could do the tempest rush while outmacroing you at home. BCs are more expensive, but they are far stronger and the terran's economy is perfectly capable of handling the burden given how low-commitment and macro-oriented the builds are.

Also, you ignored this point which is perhaps the strongest (no wonder you ignored it):

Also, don't forget how Terrans won three Code S in a row + a WESG through the sheer force of proxies alone. Proxies in TvP are a SIN but when Maru is using them to win Code S he is a GOD! "Rules for thee, not for me" - terran cry force.

At the cost of macro and with a significant delay during which the protoss units are invulnerable. TJ on the other hand has no drawbacks at all.

TJ can be used on one unit only. Not entire armies.

One armor is a really big deal.

Yes. Remove Zealots armor or set him to armored.

Nope. The heal is determined by burst damage and energy in shield batteries (which frequently get drained). If the tempests can be burst down, then no healing is possible. It's impossible to burst BCs down and BC repair is limited by income which isn't a limitation so it's effectively infinite.

Nope. The heal is determined by burst damage and resources in your bank (which frequently get drained). If the BC can be burst down, then no healing is possible. It's impossible to burst Tempest down and Tempest repair is limited by energy which isn't a limitation so it's effectively infinite.

But are much higher commitment and thus far less macro oriented. Imagine if the Protoss could do a tempest rush without the need to proxy, and to have infinite heal only needed a few probes, and could do the tempest rush while outmacroing you at home. BCs are more expensive, but they are far stronger and the terran's economy is perfectly capable of handling the burden given how low-commitment and macro-oriented the builds are.

How is more expansive unit much lesser commitment? You make 0 sense. Also, you need one probe to make proxy tempest a thing. Toss already have advantage of better macro in early game. T can support one BC production per base at cost of not producing anything else. P can do 2 tempest no problem.

Also, you ignored this point which is perhaps the strongest (no wonder you ignored it):

Also, don't forget how Terrans won three Code S in a row + a WESG through the sheer force of proxies alone. Proxies in TvP are a SIN but when Maru is using them to win Code S he is a GOD! "Rules for thee, not for me" - terran cry force.

Terrans have most players, ever learned of bell curve? You should. Also, fact that Terran is FORCED to do proxies is bad design. Toss and Zerg lategame was too strong for T to risk getting there. They didnt win by proxy being imba. They won by playing into only point of their race that isnt weak.
Gotta agree with Batz. BC w TJ being available when Zerg only has queens and spores to defend is easily as broken as tempests in current state, possibly more. When Byun is taking bo3 series off solar and rogue with BC rush you know something is wrong lol.

Damn thats a burn

Although yeah i gotta admit that proxy sb cannon bull!@#$ makes me cry lauging
01/02/2019 11:11 PMPosted by ProjctOrigin

Bunker rush?
01/04/2019 01:48 PMPosted by WireBender
01/02/2019 11:11 PMPosted by ProjctOrigin

Bunker rush?
easier, every protoss can remember pvt on the map "abyssal rift", how it started? Tanks with bunkers near you nat, every freaking game, right now we finally have no laps where it is possible
Meh, I've been playing random quite a bit recently, protoss and zerg are my mains.....
frankly, it really feels like Blizzard is trolling Zerg at the moment.
It wasn't bad enough that Zerg start with almost no anti air, except for spores, they had to nerf queens and hydras and give terrans a broken flying unit that can teleport anywhere.
It also wasn't painful enough that while Terran and Protoss have a million different ways to cheese a zerg (various proxies, oracles that annihilate worker lines at the speed of light, Thor rushes with repair scvs etc), you can stop early zerg all-ins pretty easily (a wall off or a couple of tanks, or a Planetary)
On ladder it's not a big deal, although I find it funny that BCs can win me games against much better players the rare times I play terran (and totally suck at it), but watching Zergs getting wrecked by scrubs at Homestory cup was pathetic.

To be fair, though, I kinda like the BCs in the sense that TJ is pretty cool and having more useful units adds variety to the game.... I do think it adds something to the game.
but seriously the current situation is just a joke. If they really want to keep the BCs as they are they have to give better tools to Zerg to defend early harass.... buffing BCs and Tempests while nerfing most Zerg anti-air was a joke.

Starcraft is a great game and the best RTS around..... but the overall design could have been a lot better. Too many units are way too powerful (meaning that minor mistakes will lose you a game pretty quick, which is not fun), and built too fast (too many workers to start), while being able to have the entire army in one control group leads to deathball play.
It's still a great game and very enjoyable, and mechanically easier than BW (a big plus for older gamers like me) but strategically it's really a dumbed-down BW made for millennials with ADD.
you should watch more bly...
Protoss is like art - it makes you think outside the box.

I think the biggest problem for terran is that everything is linear.
Protoss and especially zerg players are used to non-linear gameplay (and cheesers, too) so I think this is the biggest problem.
Once you understand the weaknesses of strategies, you can counter them.

Just test out 30 streams (10 of each race) and tell me how many people whine and which race do they play?
It's really, really hard to find non-whiny terrans, sadly.
01/04/2019 12:15 PMPosted by madumlao
Although yeah i gotta admit that proxy sb cannon bull!@#$ makes me cry lauging

It really isn't strong enough to call it bull!@#$. It is technically a losing strategy meaning if the terran plays correctly that strategy is guaranteed to lose most of the time. Contrast that with the battlecruiser rushes, which even if the zerg outplayed his opponent he will still come out behind. I've vsed Jason who is 5.8k mmr and he lost the bc for free, killing nothing, and lost all his hellions to 4 banelings. It was literally a perfect hold but he still came out ahead in macro. That is a broken situation. PvT proxies aren't like that. If the terran plays correctly, he will win.
l2p