The balance collapsed.

Co-op Missions Discussion
01/18/2019 02:30 AMPosted by Nickmao
01/17/2019 11:35 PMPosted by Infested
You guys mostly sympathize. "Kevin need to communicate with us."

The approach to the message in that topic is waaay too different and much more proper to what you did.

That's why Lorosfyr has +38, and you have -12

Wow That's awesome dude
01/18/2019 05:56 AMPosted by Togetic
01/17/2019 11:13 PMPosted by NickHousen
the coop team is very likely to be disbanded or having budget cut.

As many realists would say "The end is nigh!"

Ah, yes, one of the biggest money earners in sc2 that's made up mostly from blizzard's pre-existing staff is suddenly going to be cut or disbanded because... uhhhhhhh.... well, some guy on the forum said so, i guess? Or because they axed part of the HOTS team for underperforming financially?\

I have no idea why you got so many upvotes for saying something nonsensical that's unrelated to the thread's topic and just sort of obnoxious in it's random negativity.

01/17/2019 11:31 PMPosted by Infested

But, Monk did not communicate at all. He was silent on players waiting for a new co-op mission like Revamp. No courtesy.

The Coop team was probably on holidays like the rest of blizzard after releasing Zeratul and until like, two weeks ago. Of course they're not going to communicate then, and even now I don't get why people are demanding an update or whatever, it's only the middle of january and the coop team (and blizzard at large) doesn't tend to talk about things coming up unless they're close to being done. It's why we didn't hear about the first round of revamps until like a week before they started. Not knowing about them months in advance isn't going to hurt anything

Well, it is the least courtesy that developers communicate with players. It is very rude for the developers to wait silently for players who are very much waiting for Revamp.

We are busy. wait a munite. Is a word so difficult?
01/19/2019 12:33 AMPosted by Mikata
I think Lorosfyr's post is WAY MORE BETTER than this one. I don't see any kinds of suggestion about the problem... Thus, what the heck is that last sentence? Why do you care about his private Twitter? What does that links to Co-op?

Just blaming doesn't make a situation better. It just make readers feel uncomfortable. If you truly wants to have more improvements, than give them (or to the people in Co-op forum) opinion or suggestion.

Do not read if my posts are inconvenient. Is not it simple?
ZzZzZz
01/17/2019 11:29 PMPosted by Infested
Prepare your home and workplace so that you can stay in a safe place in the English speaking countries. Then it will be Good English.
That makes absolutely no sense. What does this even mean?

It means the way English speaking countries handle illegal immigration , you should be happy with his broken English , than with a person that can't speak it. Guess , ignorance is a bliss as they say.
This post makes me hope I get randomly paired up with you and completely "take all your prey" using any of the commanders you've mentioned including Zeratul.
I suspect that Co-op team no longer exists, or at least has been merged with 1v1 balance team.

- Kevin spoke on Blizzcon as a balance team member
- There's recently a huge balance change in versus mode, but nothing at all for co-op
01/19/2019 02:28 AMPosted by Infested
01/18/2019 02:30 AMPosted by Nickmao

The approach to the message in that topic is waaay too different and much more proper to what you did.

That's why Lorosfyr has +38, and you have -12

Wow That's awesome dude
Your inability and/or unwillingness to understand or accept why you have been downvoted means this discussion ends here. No point going further on if all you are going to do is deflect criticism.

The problem here is your snide attitude. Fix that up then we can talk.
More things to consider: The commanders OP is listing as overpowered have much lower skill ceilings than other commanders. A top level Swann, for example, is significantly more powerful than a top level Zeratul. OP is listing commanders with the highest power at low skill level, but that doesn't make them most powerful overall.
01/19/2019 12:29 PMPosted by Garbo
This post makes me hope I get randomly paired up with you and completely "take all your prey" using any of the commanders you've mentioned including Zeratul.

Nah nah, I want to do it with Alarack. Doubly show him what for.
01/19/2019 09:51 PMPosted by WireBender
01/19/2019 12:29 PMPosted by Garbo

Dude, doing it with Alarak is easy. Hardest with Karax imo.
01/19/2019 06:36 PMPosted by Moraeth
More things to consider: The commanders OP is listing as overpowered have much lower skill ceilings than other commanders. A top level Swann, for example, is significantly more powerful than a top level Zeratul. OP is listing commanders with the highest power at low skill level, but that doesn't make them most powerful overall.

Nobody refute the power of Swann's late death ball, no, actually entire commander's death ball is powerful, just Swann and Alarack need to resolve the mineral starving and have to make minor units more usable, if this mineral starving & useless minor units are include a skill ceilings, I have nothing more to say...
01/20/2019 03:55 AMPosted by Garbo
01/19/2019 09:51 PMPosted by WireBender

Dude, doing it with Alarak is easy. Hardest with Karax imo.

Yeah, but he named Alarack as a bad character. I can’t do it with Karax if my ally is any good at all, Karax is just very mediocre aside from mutation cheesing (like swann).
01/20/2019 05:14 PMPosted by oyasion

Nobody refute the power of Swann's late death ball, no, actually entire commander's death ball is powerful, just Swann and Alarack need to resolve the mineral starving and have to make minor units more usable, if this mineral starving & useless minor units are include a skill ceilings, I have nothing more to say...
This is not a problem I have experienced at all with Swann...? Having a few useless units isn't an effect on a skill level with a commander beyond knowing not to make those units....

Maybe true...but at the same time a low skilled player playing Zeratul way outperforms player with similar skill level playing Swann.

Skill ceiling does not mean much to the general player base if only maybe 1% can even reach godlike level. At the same time it does mean a lot to the player base, if 75% of Zeratul players can just outperform their allies without having nearly the skills to justify that performance.

Zeratul is just an all outocast, 0-macro, low micro, fastest expansion, a-move commander. What else is there to say about Zeratul? He rewards bad players a lot more than other commanders.
01/17/2019 06:13 PMPosted by Infested
I believe that everyone will think so.

That is a very bold assumption.
01/21/2019 03:44 AMPosted by Zhadoom

Maybe true...but at the same time a low skilled player playing Zeratul way outperforms player with similar skill level playing Swann.

Skill ceiling does not mean much to the general player base if only maybe 1% can even reach godlike level. At the same time it does mean a lot to the player base, if 75% of Zeratul players can just outperform their allies without having nearly the skills to justify that performance.

Zeratul is just an all outocast, 0-macro, low micro, fastest expansion, a-move commander. What else is there to say about Zeratul? He rewards bad players a lot more than other commanders.
I'd argue that it isn't even 50% of the player base getting outperformed. I'm not even that good and I end up doing better than most Zeratul allies I get. Yeah, he's easy mode, but it really doesn't take THAT much to outdo him with most commanders.
01/19/2019 12:39 PMPosted by Matrix
I suspect that Co-op team no longer exists, or at least has been merged with 1v1 balance team.

- Kevin spoke on Blizzcon as a balance team member
- There's recently a huge balance change in versus mode, but nothing at all for co-op

I've speculated, probably naively, that perhaps Monk has been assigned to work on a co-op mode for Warcraft III Reforged (it'd be weird if they hired him solely for SC2 co-op at its nadir, after all). The universe has a ton of different characters, races, and factions, and there's a great opportunity to make a fun new mode with the lessons learned from SC2 (such as a more developed endgame besides ascension levels, more randomization within maps for variety, and other design decisions that were originally made when it wasn't clear how popular the mode would be).

It seems like a waste to me if all they're doing with him is having him try to balance a game that's never going to be balanced.
01/19/2019 01:06 AMPosted by Alex
How does coop even make them money? A whole team works an entire year to create two commanders who sell for 5 bucks each. Look at what simple skins and cosmetics cost in other (Blizzard) games. I don't see coop making any money tbh.

Now Imagine that 5 bucks multipplied a couple of tens of thousands of times or even hundreds of thousands of times. But even if Coop doesn't Earn them all the money itself it does attract players and show off plenty of unit skins. See how Zagara Fenix and Alarak for example have purchasable skins for their units.
A post full of political correctness.