The King is Dead - Long live the King!

General Discussion
Congratulations to soO, i wish him all the best, and hope that he will finally win his long deserved win in a major tournament!
congratulations to soO!!!!
Just proves how stacked this tournament really is when a guy that only just qualifies beats Serral. Congratulations hopefully he breaks the curse.
Its not the finals so soO can't lose yet.
I feel like Serral was slightly off his game today, in ways that were quite costly. That said, I’m happy it wasn’t yet another 3-0 and that Serral at least went down fighting.

soO defeated him square. I hope he goes the distance; just because you beat Serral, that doesn’t make you Serral.
soO is a SC2 legend. I hope he gets the trophy he deserves.
Very happy for soO, I really hope he will win this IEM.
That the best may win (no matter SOO or Serral). Congratulations to Soo.
And Serral goes, goes the foreign scene
soo the king????
soo is the kong,not the king,nt
It was meant to be, soO's destiny is the second place after all
03/02/2019 10:03 AMPosted by Akamia
I feel like Serral was slightly off his game today, in ways that were quite costly. That said, I’m happy it wasn’t yet another 3-0 and that Serral at least went down fighting.

soO defeated him square. I hope he goes the distance; just because you beat Serral, that doesn’t make you Serral.

I think it's more of he fought on soO's terms and in soO's element. There's only so many skills you can be the best in the world at before you fight someone that's at least even slightly better than you in that one thing, but rather than switching it up he was like "okay, let's play".
I think he must have been sick, but didn't want to say anything
03/02/2019 09:48 AMPosted by Sipher
Congratulations to soO, i wish him all the best, and hope that he will finally win his long deserved win in a major tournament!

Serral has been knocked out of tournaments before. He lost in the qualifying stage vs Scarlette once, for example. He's not invincible, especially lately since he's put a target on his back and I'll bet his motivation is slipping too. There's also the physical aspect. Many players (Taeja, for example) deal with physical health problems related to gaming, and being a top player puts you at a VERY high risk for developing those-- everything from bursitis to sciatica to carpal tunnel etc. Maintaining the status as the top-dog is basically impossible just because of how insanely demanding the game is. It's just not possible to maintain it long-term. The only person who's really sort of done that is Innovation, and he comes and goes as a top player. Innovation is typically 7k mmr on the KR server, while Serral's been struck around 6.7k.
I always believed in him! My favorite player for so many years, who got me interested in professional starcraft 2 and the Madman has finally did it!

The happyness after this moment have come after such a long time made soO cry tears of joy...and so have I! <3
It's time that at least in this moment even Protoss and Terran fans to rejoice the soO victory. It was a touching moment. So many broken dreams, so many reversals. Finally he did it.
Congratulations soO.