Twitch prime/Abathur

Co-op Missions Discussion
03/01/2019 01:31 PMPosted by Crusher
Would have liked to get a abathur skin for brutalisks for all players who already own abathur. There wasn’t much to gain for me. They gave a stimpack instead in the last round. Was it fenix?

That was a different thing, not with external site like Twith I think. Wasn't that if you preordered SC1 remastered via battlenet?
swann an vorazun is not free.
03/04/2019 05:38 AMPosted by andreasasp

I agree, because Twitch prime requires Amazon prime.
03/04/2019 09:04 AMPosted by Nephalem

I believe you can get 1 free month, so if you time it correctly you could get both for free.
i am not going to join twitch prime. guess i am stuck with using the new interface in co-op.
03/04/2019 09:04 AMPosted by Nephalem

I already have Swann. I also already had Amazon Prime, so I didn't need to pay (any extra) for Abathur, and Vorazun (coming up).
I wonder if you guys have seen more Abathur players on random because of this twitch thing? I myself haven’t seen any on the random queue this month yet. Maybe it is because I play on EU and Amazon is not as big here as in the US but I wonder.
02/28/2019 09:54 AMPosted by Syltom
It's Abathur's Bundle including the commander, the announcer, and the console skin (UI). Incoming Swann's Bundle in April, and Vorazun's Bundle in May.
Also note that the time periods to claim them aren't "on the month".
Swann can be claimed on April 11th, with last chance for him on May 22nd.
Vorazun can be claimed on May 23rd, with last chance for her on July 3rd.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/starcraft2/22919744/new-starcraft-ii-loot-for-twitch-prime-members

03/17/2019 06:16 AMPosted by AlbertoUS
I wonder if you guys have seen more Abathur players on random because of this twitch thing? I myself haven’t seen any on the random queue this month yet. Maybe it is because I play on EU and Amazon is not as big here as in the US but I wonder.
NOPE! But that's because I've been playing as Abathur :p I last left him at preview lv2. Spent a weekend to get him to Mastery.

I thought that the whole biomass thing would be too finicky and "weird", but I've actually had quite a lot of fun with him. Brutalisks are such a fun power spike, while I've always been a fan of Roaches (of which his cost no gas). I've also enjoyed using Mutas, Guards, and Devourers. All of those normal units have (ability) upgrades, and can be further upgraded in stats with biomass.
The "Live Now! Abathur" portrait that comes with this seems to cause issues with forum use if you have it equipped. Forums act like I don't have an SC2 account when I have that portrait equipped. Not sure if others are having that problem and Blizzard support hasn't gotten back to me on whether or not the portrait is really to blame, but I can't use the forums when it is equipped and I can when it's not equipped.

Edit: Blizzard Support got back to me and the portrait is definitely the problem. They didn't give me any fixes for it other than changing to an older portrait though, which kind of sucks.
The linking between in-game portraits and the forum has been an issue for ages.
03/25/2019 09:55 AMPosted by Gungnir
The linking between in-game portraits and the forum has been an issue for ages.
I knew they didn't always transfer correctly, but completely disabling forum posting over a portrait seems like a big bug to me.
Soooooo...
Should Swann work by now?
Cause i got nothing..

EDIT:
Twitch says Swann is locked and free in April .. Which timezone do they refer to?
04/01/2019 03:13 AMPosted by Crusher
Soooooo...
Cause i got nothing..

EDIT:
Twitch says Swann is locked and free in April .. Which timezone do they refer to?

For me on Twitch it says Abathur 28-Feb to 10-Apr. So Swann maybe 11-Apr?
Soooooo...
Cause i got nothing..

EDIT:
Whoever said Swann and Vorazun are available in April and May respectively aren't quite correct. They're NOT available on the first of their respective months. Swann unlocks on April 11th, while Vorazun won't be available until May 23rd. Their time periods to claim them are actually 6 weeks, not just 4.
04/01/2019 12:11 PMPosted by ackmondual
Soooooo...
Cause i got nothing..

EDIT:
Whoever said Swann and Vorazun are available in April and May respectively aren't quite correct. They're NOT available on the first of their respective months. Swann unlocks on April 11th, while Vorazun won't be available until May 23rd. Their time periods to claim them are actually 6 weeks, not just 4.

Damn so if i get the 30 days trial in the same day bathur ends i will miss vorazun? Thats kinda unfair like all these making money promotions, at least to those we purchase the characters already and pay for them.
i just hope that they offer the consoles for purchase. i have no reason to get those bundles because i already have the commanders.
04/07/2019 04:20 PMPosted by andreasasp
i just hope that they offer the consoles for purchase. i have no reason to get those bundles because i already have the commanders.
Hopefully it'll be at a "sensible price". If it's anything like Warchest 3, the unit skins for one race was $10 at the time, but went up to $22 afterwards. We may see a case where the consoles for purchase may end up being more expensive, or inferior value than if you just did Amazon Prime for a few months.
03/04/2019 12:54 PMPosted by Alex
I believe you can get 1 free month, so if you time it correctly you could get both for free.

It doesn't work like that.
Yes, you get one month free (of Prime) but if you don't keep your sub/credit card up they will most likely take away or lock your commander after the trial period.

03/01/2019 12:03 PMPosted by Blunderbuss
So to get all 3 bundles 100% free, could you sign up for free trial of twitch prime after March 11th to get Abathur then Swann in April? Then sign up for Amazon Prime free trial (for Twitch Prime) to get Vorzun in May?

See above.
TP and AP are linked to the same thing.
When you sign up for the trial you need to input your credit card info, link your Twitch/Amazon account, link it to your Blizzard then you can claim all the available commanders.

The only thing I'm not certain of is how long one has to stay subbed to keep their comms/consoles/portraits.
Kinda blew through the fine print when doing all this couple days ago.
I know a while ago with the Tyrael's Charger WoW mount you needed to stay subbed to WoW for a year. My CC expired or something or I believe I did not update it on my Blizz account and they took my mount away.
They don't take away the commander. You unlock the bundle in SC2 and that's it.
Just got the Swann bundle yay.