Nydus, lol

General Discussion
03/03/2019 12:52 AMPosted by Zeratuss
03/03/2019 12:41 AMPosted by madumlao
These things I like. As for whether the current version is needed for that specifically, I do not agree. Nydus with a creep requirement and stun would fulfill that, even if it required you to commit an overlord.

That's pretty much stupid. Like to ask for a prism to be able to drop units only on pylon field. Sometimes I'm pretty amazed by the proposals some of you are giving. With these changes you can just remove the nydus from the game it won't make any change compared to your proposals.

No, those are not equivalent. The warp prism is a dedicated unit that produces a pylon field anywhere. An overlord is a (not really) dedicated unit that produces creep anywhere.

Limiting a warm prism to only drop units in a pylon field only allows it to drop units at home, whereas being able to spawn a unit anywhere with creep allows you to spawn it anywhere you have an overlord.

Overlords are the most common spotters for Nydus, so limiting nydus to creep will have erased a whole bunch of cheesy spotters such as changelings, burrowed units, multi-harass units and zerglings on the front door, but maintain its ability to spawn the whole army anywhere. By contrast, limiting a warp prism drop to pylon requires you construct a pylon on point beforehand, taking out the ability to spawn the whole army at offensive positions at all.
03/02/2019 10:03 PMPosted by PointsThief
I thought I was learning. I made a cannon at the edge of my base, just in case of a mid game nydus. A guy made a nydus RIGHT NEXT to my cannon. I immediately sent my probes to attack it. Cannons + probes + eventually units, and the nydus STILL COMPLETED and hydras came out. Like... I won the game, but I mean... come on.

I make 1 spore per base + queen in position, but oracles still kill drones and don't die.

I have roaches + queens to deal with drop archon, and it still kills things for free.

I have spores to protect my bases from drops/liberator, and they simply go throught.

I have spines in my main but chargelots directly warp right into my base destroy them like they don't exist.

I have BC that appear right in my base, cloak banshees as fast as mutas, bio/cyclon that simply click on my bases and kill them before i can kill them even when my whole army is defending.

And i deal with nyndus in ZvZ too, and frankly they are not a big deal compared to the rest.
I took only put up with reading your first paragraph,

1) placing arbitrary cannons at your perimeter .... do you eat crayons

2) probe pulling to deny the nydus from completing ..... the nydus is not invincible However it was given armor to mitigate that exact scenario, again do you eat crayons

3) the nydus change had done nothing to change the early game standard build of getting up stargate and building oracle&pheonix.... use that Phoenix to deny vision ,

If you are already playing standard than you have the tools already built into the build to deny this op op thing that you all are crying about
The new nydus is ok vs protoss(only for those who have unlocked the mini map dlc though)

As for the terrans i don't know they will probably have to adapt their building placement to cover the areas in their base that they don't have vision in.
03/03/2019 07:43 AMPosted by JerBear

2) probe pulling to deny the nydus from completing ..... the nydus is not invincible However it was given armor to mitigate that exact scenario, again do you eat crayons

3) the nydus change had done nothing to change the early game standard build of getting up stargate and building oracle&pheonix.... use that Phoenix to deny vision ,

If you are already playing standard than you have the tools already built into the build to deny this op op thing that you all are crying about

I obviously don't play standard. This is my first week playing since w/e big patch that was months ago. They always place the nydus in the same spot. I figured they would not make it next to a cannon, whether it could kill it or not, but I was curious if a cannon could do any damage, on the off chance someone did so.

At the end of the day, I gave myself instant notification if someone went to nydus. Gotta attack with what you have (no warp gate), so yeah I attacked with probes. Cannon damage from the beginning + your probes should kill a nydus in your base. It's idiotic that it can't. Even more so, when actual units showed up and still couldn't kill it.

If I'm eating crayons, what is the balance team doing? If we're arbitrary trying to make buildings invincible, I vote to make nexi have 200 armor. Cause, you know... it would be cool like the nydus.

The punchline to the nydus is... the assimilator absolutely needed to have its HP reduced. Duhh. We should all be lucky that the nydus isn't invincible and doesn't spawns infested terrans non stop. Maybe next patch.
03/03/2019 01:18 AMPosted by madumlao
No, those are not equivalent. The warp prism is a dedicated unit that produces a pylon field anywhere. An overlord is a (not really) dedicated unit that produces creep anywhere.

Limiting a warm prism to only drop units in a pylon field only allows it to drop units at home, whereas being able to spawn a unit anywhere with creep allows you to spawn it anywhere you have an overlord.

Overlords are the most common spotters for Nydus, so limiting nydus to creep will have erased a whole bunch of cheesy spotters such as changelings, burrowed units, multi-harass units and zerglings on the front door, but maintain its ability to spawn the whole army anywhere. By contrast, limiting a warp prism drop to pylon requires you construct a pylon on point beforehand, taking out the ability to spawn the whole army at offensive positions at all.

You clearly don't understand the idea behind the nydus.
03/03/2019 10:35 AMPosted by PointsThief
03/03/2019 07:43 AMPosted by JerBear

I obviously don't play standard. This is my first week playing since w/e big patch that was months ago. They always place the nydus in the same spot. I figured they would not make it next to a cannon, whether it could kill it or not, but I was curious if a cannon could do any damage, on the off chance someone did so.

At the end of the day, I gave myself instant notification if someone went to nydus. Gotta attack with what you have (no warp gate), so yeah I attacked with probes. Cannon damage from the beginning + your probes should kill a nydus in your base. It's idiotic that it can't. Even more so, when actual units showed up and still couldn't kill it.

If I'm eating crayons, what is the balance team doing? If we're arbitrary trying to make buildings invincible, I vote to make nexi have 200 armor. Cause, you know... it would be cool like the nydus.

The punchline to the nydus is... the assimilator absolutely needed to have its HP reduced. Duhh. We should all be lucky that the nydus isn't invincible and doesn't spawns infested terrans non stop. Maybe next patch.

Bro you are getting nydused w/out warpgate online... yet you have an issue with the balance team

You're either all the way trolling or all the way window licker...

Try getting a clue before expressing your opinion.... or not w/e its 2019 what really matters is feelings

Just wish I could be there when you finally have an opponent who is not as moronic as you and place nydus just outside of range of your sweet nydus blocking preemptive cannons.

Oh the horror , how the devs could do this to you
And that's another thing, to come back from an extended break ignorant of meta and how to deny certain strats and immediately blame balance.... really speaks to the kinda crayon eater you are
03/03/2019 12:34 PMPosted by JerBear
And that's another thing, to come back from an extended break ignorant of meta and how to deny certain strats and immediately blame balance.... really speaks to the kinda crayon eater you are

Wow. Got an expert on our hands. 17k career games and in platinum. I remember being in platinum. Oh... yeah.. the second day I played the game.

For you to even have the audacity to talk, I gotta give you credit. Then, to give out insults, unprovoked? Wow. That's rich.

I guess you didn't see IEM where they were using nyduses all the time and Scarlett even said she thought it was too strong. But, hey... what does Scarlett know. You wanna talk about trolling or window licking? Wonder why it's on your mind.

Heck man, you've played more games than I have, lol. That's crazy. Keep following that meta man and maybe you can get back to diamond after 30k games.
And to top it off you're the kind of sad boy that has to investigate accounts and then hopelessly try to extrapolate some additional meaning from info gathered ....

Tisk tisk

Also this game has been out for like a decade and here's a hint... not everyone follows the rules(remember when they said dont eat the glue but you did anyway) point being ppl have shared accounts , so to try to draw some meaningful statement off games played is... well something that doesn't make much sense. But hey you haven't done anything that would indicate you think at all.
To the above, I'm in GM and you're defending why you have an account with 17k games and in platinum. Save your educating for yourself. Maybe you should try investigating before speaking for a change.
All harassment in the game is too strong, warp prisms, nydus, medivac boost and should be nerfed across the board.
03/03/2019 01:11 PMPosted by PointsThief
To the above, I'm in GM and you're defending why you have an account with 17k games and in platinum. Save your educating for yourself. Maybe you should try investigating before speaking for a change.

Holy fu ck, still have yet to look at your account because like ya know , it doesn't matter you've legit already proven how dumb you are... but god damn if a special kinda guy like you can make gm, well sh it consider me reinvigorated
03/03/2019 01:17 PMPosted by JerBear

Holy fu ck, still have yet to look at your account because like ya know , it doesn't matter you've legit already proven how dumb you are... but god damn if a special kinda guy like you can make gm, well sh it consider me reinvigorated

Congratulations, big guy. Look forward to your high level analysis in the future, as does every pro Zerg, too.
So hydras were spilling out of a nydus in your base before warpgate was done? Heavy stargate play on your part? Nydus is a good counter to stargate if the zerg can get one down. It's usually queen roach though since pheonix counter hydras.

Your game makes no since, especially if it was GM level.
03/03/2019 01:46 PMPosted by ChaosSCO
So hydras were spilling out of a nydus in your base before warpgate was done? Heavy stargate play on your part? Nydus is a good counter to stargate if the zerg can get one down. It's usually queen roach though since pheonix counter hydras.

Your game makes no since, especially if it was GM level.

I only research warp gate if the opponent opens muta first or it's some kinda late game scenario where they're basically only committed to air units.

If you open sky toss and Zerg plays standard, then they can't really contest you in the air, for the most part (outside of vipers). But, if they start out of the gate putting their resources into air units, then it makes sense to get archons to supplement.

The answer to the potentiality of a nydus is... you need a void ray that's always patrolling outside your base, if you want to play like I do. Or, at the least... an observer doing likewise.

My contention is, just like when I said the nydus shouldn't be invincible, that a "surprise tactic" should kinda need some surprise element to it.... If Toss could warp their army into one's base with a mothership core, in the early game, or at any point in the game, everyone would lose their minds.

Heck... people can't even accept losing to a mothership recalling into their base. This discussion is a joke to begin with. Absolutely no one in the world was moaning when the nydus could be killed by workers. Now that's it's been invincible and near invincible now... "ofc man. That's how it should be. It makes sense."

It's just amazing to me how easily opinions are shaped/formed by employees. Surely people in plat can't be worried they might lose some MMR by no longer abusing something... "Oh... I had some unbeatable strat that was terrorizing the ladder." I don't get it.

I liked the mothership core. People hated playing against it and it felt wrong, though. Okay. Well... to me... nothing feels more wrong than struggling to stop a mass teleportation into your base, which can happen at any point in the game. Easier to stop muta harass than it is to stop "whole army base destruction harass."
I watched you play Nathanias yesterday and the way you harassed that guy was beyond disrespectful. Calling him retarded and mocking his play. Pathetic. You're cancer.

News flash, nobody is impressed by a protoss who Turtles and masses carriers while whining about mutas and nyduses. You do the lowest skill strategies imaginable and these happen to be vulnerable to allins, like nyduses and mutas, but you can't solve those because you are relying on this gimmicky play like a crutch. So you whine on the forums about things most players would consider ez pz.

Simply have an iota of map awareness and right click on the nydus and win. Or make Phoenix from your stargates when there are signs of mutas. It's not rocket science and the fact that you admit YOU need a balance patch to fix this only proves my point of how you are too reliant on gimmicks.
03/03/2019 02:51 PMPosted by Yasgar
I watched you play Nathanias yesterday and the way you harassed that guy was beyond disrespectful. Calling him retarded and mocking his play. Pathetic. You're cancer.

Can we have a link with timestamp please?
Parting does the same as a matter of routine.
03/03/2019 02:51 PMPosted by Yasgar

I don't watch SC 2 streamers (I haven't watched nathanias or insert nearly anyone in about 2+ years). The way people harass me by saying "oh... you're doing the rotti build or so and so stream this and that" is disrespectful.

If I played Nathanias I had absolutely no idea. He's been very disrespectful to me in the past, so that's okay. I had no intentions of hating on the guy. If people want respect, stop smurfing and stop "memeing."

If he's the guy who was just running around with cyclones all game and spamming mines, what else do you expect to hear?

Everyone is so obsessed with streamers, that they just assume you're just like them. Got posters up in your room or something. Going over every vod. When, in reality... you couldn't even tell someone if they grew horns on their head.

"Streamers matter." Bm a streamer, get on reddit every time. Don't stream and get bm'd, no one cares. ""If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" Btw, I've actually been very complimentary of Nathanias last time I talked of him on the forum, despite him making trolling topics on this forum about me...

But, this is "the incontrol world." You could compliment a guy 10000x times, while they hate on you a million times, and the time you question their build choice... you're hitler and "you always rail them." True story, but I'm not a streamer, so...