ZvT Design and New approach

General Discussion
Well, can't say I'm a big fan..... I main toss but been playing mainly zerg recently...
and I think this match up is an effing joke and a Blizz attempt to troll zerg players....

the BC with TJ so early, against a race that has very little anti air that was all recently nerfed even harder, is, imba or not at higher levels, extremely annoying...oh, poor terrans, they had to mciro, now they can build a half assed wall with a couple of tanks behind it, rush the BCs, click on random spots on the map and win

Ok, have it your way Blizz, as of now it's ling bane or roach/ravager allin (with or without proxy) in any ZvT until Blizz decides to try and balance the game fairly again instead of just gifting Terrans free wins

Screw this match up, I won't bother macroing and wasting just to see the opponent win with a clearly imbalanced and ridiculously easy to execute build, cheese all the way
(kinda like what terrans have to do against protoss, from what terran players tell me... great job balance team, TvP is protoss favored, let's balance it out by making TvZ blatantly terran favored, yup, sounds very logical, who's the current designer? A ten years old retard?)
That's what you get for switching to Zerg,TRAITOR!
01/31/2019 07:21 PMPosted by niteowl
TvP is protoss favored, let's balance it out by making TvZ blatantly terran favored

Your not wrong. For whatever reason they have opted for this rock-paper-scissors balance right now. Probably to keep GSL and WCS fresh with new strats.

I don't think it's about balance anymore.
Well, can't say I'm a big fan..... I main toss but been playing mainly zerg recently...
and I think this match up is an effing joke and a Blizz attempt to troll zerg players....

the BC with TJ so early, against a race that has very little anti air that was all recently nerfed even harder, is, imba or not at higher levels, extremely annoying...oh, poor terrans, they had to mciro, now they can build a half assed wall with a couple of tanks behind it, rush the BCs, click on random spots on the map and win

Ok, have it your way Blizz, as of now it's ling bane or roach/ravager allin (with or without proxy) in any ZvT until Blizz decides to try and balance the game fairly again instead of just gifting Terrans free wins

Screw this match up, I won't bother macroing and wasting just to see the opponent win with a clearly imbalanced and ridiculously easy to execute build, cheese all the way
(kinda like what terrans have to do against protoss, from what terran players tell me... great job balance team, TvP is protoss favored, let's balance it out by making TvZ blatantly terran favored, yup, sounds very logical, who's the current designer? A ten years old retard?)

TvZ is like TvP was for a while. Pretty skewed on one side~
Altrough, you were on winning side before so you didnt notice or complain, now, when you are on losing one, you whine☺ What a great guy you are.

Pretty much. The problem is the last few patches have been a colossal net nerf to terran. Just look at the ultralisk, infestor, and nydus buffs, plus the thor and cyclone nerfs. I think they went crazy with the BC to throw terrans a bone for awhile, while they acclimate to the nerfs, and then will wrangle in the BC eventually as well. The BC is simply too absurd for anyone except Avilo to think it would be a good idea.

https://starcraft2.com/en-us/profile/1/1/1598322/ladders?ladderId=summary

And your highest level was plat, a league where you can win by doing proxy PF rushes.

the BC with TJ so early, against a race that has very little anti air that was all recently nerfed even harder

Queens and Spores can handle a BC rush, learn to run drones away between bases.

Also you should try to sack an overlord to see what he is doing because BC rushes mean the terran doesn't open hellion or banshee harassment(standards in TvZ, learn the timings).

That's you saying what you are going to do in the match up, not how the match up actually is. Do you want any pro-twitch streamers or tournaments?.

by making TvZ blatantly terran favored

What?.

TvZ is the most even match up to play with the exception of late game where is Zerg favored but at least unlike TvP late game you can put up a fight against the Zerg late game up to a point.

Again, your personal bias and rageposting is blinding you.

02/01/2019 10:11 AMPosted by tEhbAtZ

I think they went crazy with the BC to throw terrans a bone for awhile, while they acclimate to the nerfs, and then will wrangle in the BC eventually as well. The BC is simply too absurd for anyone except Avilo to think it would be a good idea.

The BC(which still isn't seen frequently in the late game for various reasons) is only a problem when it comes to TvZ rushes which are only possible because TJ doesn't require vision. But if you actually look at the higher levels BC rushes aren't done because players know how to counter them and the recent BC YC build time nerf and the worker target priority nerf made the BC rushes much easier to deal with if you are Zerg.
Don't touch mech in TvZ. Currently it's playable and buffing/nerfing it will break balance into dust for both sides.
Playing early-game and mid-game in TvZ feels okay. Playing late-game bio in TvZ feels underpowered unless you have ghosts/libs/vikings/tanks/bio which cannot be quickly transitioned into.
BC is extremely bad-designed at the moment. Still usable as an ultimate early-game harassment option and still sucks in late-game with its anti-air weapon. I would like to have BroodWar BC tho.
Yea, BC sucks in the air. Yamoto must not attack only drones but air units too. Last time my 12 BC Yamotoed 12 drones and were destroyed by 3 Roaches that the evil zerg built.
Don't get me started of how IMBA are Lurkers. They remove all BC from the map with their terrible abilities to hit air!
16 pool -> delay CC -> Nydus

Enjoy your win rate in the high 90s
02/01/2019 11:11 AMPosted by Velitey
16 pool -> delay CC -> Nydus

Enjoy your win rate in the high 90s

oh wow i'll never lose with that insight, i know the build perfectly now.. *facepalm*