Terran as a Mech Player

General Discussion
[quote]<span class="truncated">...</span>
Zealot-archon is the core of the army you build robo and templar to support it.

No I said that gateway units make up the core of your protoss army and the most popular core is zealot archon for protoss.
ah yes, to have myohmind not on your ignore list, what a thing, he can spew all sorts of atrocities without any back up. did you know he's also a very high level player with all races? but will never show anyone the account he plays on. ROFL.
[quote]<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yet you can never cite said "atrocities".

So you can't back up any claims of "atrocities"?.
Yes he is a very high-level player (1850-2000MMR). He has mastered all 3 races and recently declared that he knows how to fix TvP without nerffing Protoss.
In his superhuman intelligence somewhat buffing each and every terran unit is not a virtual nerff to Protoss and Zerg (if you don't touch those races).

It's like me to say that i can fix PvZ without nerffing Zerg by......making Storm deal 200 damage and the 3 sec duration be brought to 0.5 seconds......

I gess our Zerg friends would not be thrilled!
<span class="truncated">...</span>

ah yes, to have myohmind not on your ignore list, what a thing, he can spew all sorts of atrocities without any back up. did you know he's also a very high level player with all races? but will never show anyone the account he plays on. ROFL.
and recently declared that he knows how to fix TvP without nerffing Protoss.
!

Because I do know how to make TvP Mech viable without nerfing Protoss. Not a claim either and it only requires a handful of small terran changes.
I thought the issue with terran was a 'bc sized hole' in their tech tree? You know, because thats what you spammed constantly when you were trying to get the bc buffed?
02/04/2019 11:52 AMPosted by Ace
I thought the issue with terran was a 'bc sized hole' in their tech tree? You know, because thats what you spammed constantly when you were trying to get the bc buffed?

The changes(fire while moving and no attack delay) did make the BC more enticing to build but they didn't solve the core issues of why the BC doesn't get build which is the high cost making them hard to transition into and the slow movement speed making them sitting ducks half the time since they have short range compared to the other high tech air units which make up for the low speed with longer range.
02/02/2019 12:50 PMPosted by Ace
I'm all for increasing army diversity in matchups but mech players need to calm down. No other race has the ability to support players using just half their tech tree every game so count your blessings. Other races, and even bio, need changes to make less used compositions viable in every match up too.

Pure factory doesn't work in this game, you need to starport support and can also add in ghosts so playing mech is more than half the tech tree.
02/04/2019 11:06 AMPosted by Gooba
In his superhuman intelligence somewhat buffing each and every terran unit is not a virtual nerff to Protoss and Zerg (if you don't touch those races).

He must have learned that EXACT logic from you.
02/04/2019 01:25 PMPosted by oldpainless
02/02/2019 12:50 PMPosted by Ace
I'm all for increasing army diversity in matchups but mech players need to calm down. No other race has the ability to support players using just half their tech tree every game so count your blessings. Other races, and even bio, need changes to make less used compositions viable in every match up too.

Pure factory doesn't work in this game, you need to starport support and can also add in ghosts so playing mech is more than half the tech tree.

Well, the individual units that are used or mass-produced might actually make up less than half the tech-tree, but that is completely normal. Simply put, you don't need both Widow Mines and Hellbats to deal with light units such as Zealots; nor do you need both Tanks and Thors to kill off armored units.

Most compositions are composed of about 3-6 main unit types (slightly less in Brood War). You don't usually need more than 2-3 main core units in any RTS. Counter systems simply can't be that complex since any 2-3 units from each faction that can all attack each-other will develop some soft-counters that ensure you don't need explicit hard-counters to handle each of the enemy's units.

Air units may add an extra dimension to that because they can force units that are either completely outside of ground play, or suboptimal for it; simply because the other units can't shoot up or they are at least soft-countered by the air unit in question (in which case, another anti-air unit is needed). That brings you up to 2-4 core combat units.

Of course, AOE support becomes necessary for larger battles when one army otherwise out-scales the other; so that can add a 3rd or 5th unit, if the splash damage unit would not otherwise be a core combat unit (like Tanks and Hellbats are in mech). Depending on the composition and how all of the units work, you may need a second support unit to deal with something else, or your units may have some crippling flaw that requires constant support (such as Bio using Stimpacks to compete in combat, and requiring Medivacs to heal them).
I've tried playing mech against Protoss a bit since the patch, and it's surprisingly doable right up until there's a Carrier on the field. Thors can kill Tempests now if there's relatively even numbers, but Carrier+Zealot just dunks on every single mech unit super hard. Carriers alone make Thors seem like an actual joke unit, and mech is so supply heavy you can't have enough Thors to kill Carriers while still having enough tanks to kill Immortals and enough Hellbats to kill Zealots unless you stay on like 40 workers. I think it might actually be better to make Liberators instead of Thors actually.
You also have like zero ability to be aggressive until 2/2, Observers and Oracle tag make moving out incredibly dangerous.

I remember when the Tempest was added, Blizzard wanted to remove Carriers entirely. I really wish they had, they cause so many balance issues and always have.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
So you can't back up any claims of "atrocities"?.

This is not the court of law,myohmind.You made fool of yourself so many times we don't even need to provide any "evidence" at all.Everybody in this forum knows you have some sort of mental incapacitation.Talking/arguing with you is simply a waste of time.You are a pathological liar.

So you have no argument only insults which is why you cannot provide proof or evidence which is the basis for an argument.

[Moderator note: Locking thread, as this has devolved into personal attacks rather than staying on topic.]