MMR matching

General Discussion
Hello I was wondering if others were having the same issue of getting matched against opponents heavily favored or where you were heavily favored. To clarify I am being consistently being matched against opponents 200 sometimes even 300 MMR ahead of me. I also get a rare few matches where I am above the opponent about 100 +\- 20. I do believe this needs addressing. Reasons are; this game is hard enough as it is without having to play against better people all the time, this also doesn't encourage growth as a player far above you can make things look broken simply cause they execute better than you. I don't want to complain about balance or anything like that I am sure I will not get much higher than my current MMR but at that same point I would like to play against players I have at least a small chance at winning against. So could we look at how the MMR matching is handled and correct this.

Specifically for 1v1
Your overall winrate will always be in the 45 to 55 range if you play enough games. What is your winrate?
52% atm I usually float between 4000-4300 MMR
03/03/2019 11:31 PMPosted by Stone
52% atm I usually float between 4000-4300 MMR

Well then the matchmaking works correctly for you. 200 or 300 mmr difference is not much either, it only means a bit better or worse.
03/04/2019 12:01 AMPosted by Ghost
Well then the matchmaking works correctly for you. 200 or 300 mmr difference is not much either, it only means a bit better or worse.

It's actually a significant difference. I don't think low GMs are "a bit better" than me.
But it also depends on how high you are. Because the difference in skill from an MMR of 2000-2200 is not that high to be honest...but from 5.5k to 5.7. is a hugh difference in general skill.
I agree with Sipher - if you play in a clan and take part in leagues, you often find that the gold slot for instance is determined by MMR, and will often be a bit higher than gold to include some plat players to open it up a bit. If you ladder regularly and have solid mechanics and builds, and in your league, 200-300 MMR shouldn't be an issue really. I have grown used to it in the leagues matches.
Current MM rating is probably not lined up with your hidden or perceived MMR.
Yeah it gets really bad around 4k to 4.5k MMR. There's just not enough people in the MMR range to make it work. A while back I hit a guy who was close to 5k when I was only at 4250, followed almost immediately by a Platinum player who was barely 3300. It's very frustrating.
03/04/2019 04:43 PMPosted by Crunch
Yeah it gets really bad around 4k to 4.5k MMR. There's just not enough people in the MMR range to make it work. A while back I hit a guy who was close to 5k when I was only at 4250, followed almost immediately by a Platinum player who was barely 3300. It's very frustrating.

This. I'd much rather wait a minute or two more and get a player with more similar MMR to me than hit a 6K Protoss twice in a day, which would be yesterday actually.