Mutation 155 Wheel of Misfortune

Co-op Missions Discussion
04/22/2019 08:23 AMPosted by Sprite
Aside from Speed Freaks + Propogators, what other game-ending combos have you guys ran into?

Zeratul did mass Cannons, got the mutator "Eminent Domain" where Amon stole our structures after destroyed. The table turned.

Nova used Siege Tanks and laid Spidermines to defend, got the mutator "Diffusion" where damage is spread to all our units. Everything was vaporized instantly.
Aside from Speed Freaks + Propogators, what other game-ending combos have you guys ran into?

Void Rifts, Avenger, Transmutation -> giant hybrids everywhere.

*between launches, clearing as many buildings as you can will help negate some of the mutations.
Got this on a lucky first try as Karax with a Tychus partner. The hardest mutations we encountered were Polarity and Void Rifts.
Cleared it second try with a lot of duplicate mutators popping up.

Worst I ran into was a silly combo of Speed Freak + Fatal Attraction + Scorched Earth.
My poor, poor Outlaws just couldn't do anything, lol.

Also, if you have an Odin with Nuke ready and you have the Dispersion mutator active, after the nuke is finished channeling pick Tychus up in the Medivac, and he will take no damage from the Nuke. A neat little trick I ended up trying out during my successful run.

Something really annoying I just experienced was Fatal Attraction + Minerals Shields. Every time you kill one, every worker stops mining. Even when the Shield timer wears off naturally, boom, all workers stop mining.

Fatal Attraction is so fking weak!
had missile command + black death from the start of the game... was gg, since the missile carry black plague from second 1 before you can build anything to take care of them and infect all your workers.
I was reminded again why this mutation is stupid.
Anyway, in the end I rolled decent mutations and won, yay.
Completed it with Nova + Tychus
https://youtu.be/QPpX-AqljY4
First game had infected rushing us with black death before we even could build our first combat unit. So instantly crushed.

Our 2nd attempt was a cakewalk. Played aba and stukov, they had extra enemy waves constantly spawning so I was drowning in essence.

I didn't even notice most of the mutations the 2nd round. I just sort of A moved around annihilating everything.
1st try tychus zeratul, even polarized void rifts are no match lol. OP combo
04/22/2019 12:30 PMPosted by Dark
had missile command + black death from the start of the game... was gg, since the missile carry black plague from second 1 before you can build anything to take care of them and infect all your workers.

That's nasty. At least the game was over quickly.
One shot it this week. I played Nova with a Zeratul ally.

The worst we got was a bad combo of slim pickings, scorched earth, missiles hitting our base and infested and abominations that could blink. Made for a nasty combo of mutations that wiped out my entire force with Nova save for my Ravens.

Used everything we had left, nukes, cannons and every CD we could find to protect the last ship.
Poopagators + darkness early in game.....
Clearly the message that Wheel of Good Luck is not a fan favourite is not getting through to Bliz...

As has been said many times... if the RNG was curated just a little bit to prevent game-ending combinations, it could be one of the most re-playable and fun mutations.

In its current form... you either get lucky and win, or you dont. Most frustratingly is when you get most of the way through before something game ending shows up. Many examples in this thread and the many previous ones.
But its not something to enjoy...

Ill pass. :)
Played tych/zera. no real problems except props. kinda took care of themselves though, since transmutation makes them hybrid after their 1st attack. so you only ever have 1 prop on the field.
Completed this week mutation on second try. We are pretty lucky thru the whole game as we keep getting mutators that have less impact on our forces. Not planning to attempt the 3rd try

I am using Raynor and my ally is using Tychus.
04/21/2019 01:17 PMPosted by Eurypterus
Pass.

Same here.
04/22/2019 10:42 AMPosted by Blunderbuss
*between launches, clearing as many buildings as you can will help negate some of the mutations.

I think that often though you want to start the next launch before something terrible happens. But if something terrible is ending or your army is recuperating, then yeah building bust.
Beat it first try, Nova + Tychus, definitely a great combo for the mutation.

We had a bit of a rough start with concussive attacks (meh, but it was also first to fade) void rifts, and suffocation (aka fatal attraction). As soon as fatal attraction was gone we got void reanimators. That was fun.

Through the midgame we perpetually had speed freaks and aggressive deployment rotating in again and again coupled with some array of Spear of Your Doom mutators barraging us (speedy beams were something alright)

The real fun was how things ended. Starting ship 4, we got Scorched Earth (enemies set fire on death). Ending ship 4, we got missile command. Yes, they do start fires on impact. Incendiary missiles, cool. Then they got black death during ship 5. Basically, we let Rome burn.
anyone did with both bonuses? I feel like it’s either mutators keep you busy or you wanna clear the bases ASAP so youre not in a bad spot if rng throws something bad ur way