Is there the future of co-op?

Co-op Missions Discussion
I love so co-op mode, have been playing than other games because it's so casual and light to play funny in shortly

But, in recently, there were no updates. new map was from about ten months from 4.4.0 also, new commander was released last December. in addition, no new revamps are announced.

I really and really hope that co-op is continuing and announce new contents soon
I hope so, too, but I doubt it.
04/21/2019 09:03 AMPosted by Alex
I hope so, too, but I doubt it.

Yeah, most of users can't trust blizzard.
Based on its popularity, I don't think Co-op is going anywhere.

I'm with you though, I like Co-op for those reasons as well. I guess I've always liked SC. I just wish Co-op Brutal was a bit more difficult.
yhea, Blizzard is in a really dark time, with some of his games leaft to die. Really sad.

But the most saddest thing, is see the comments of this thread with "dislike" for some reason. What do you dislike exactly? The users are just saying his opinion (that I totally agree, Co-Op is amazing) and actual facts. The last map was released months and months ago, Zeratul in december and we don't get any revamp. So what do you dislike? This facts? How childish can be someone to just put dislike in this type of comment?

And yhea, I know this comment will have dislikes too, but honestly, this will just confirm what I said. At least argument what you "dislike" in this posts instead of just put "dislike" for absolutly no reason.

Btw, returning to the actual topic, I really hope they will release AT LEAST the commanders that they started. They said they was working on others commanders (or another commander, since that interview was released after Tychus announcement, so can be easly be Zeratul and another one, so, just left a last commander in the worst case). Maybe in the next Blizzcom? I hope so, Co-Op is a mode really frash and funny to me.
FWIW, Coop does seem like it'll be a mainstay. I checked the image of the box back for LotV, and one of the sections advertises Coop mode as a prominent feature, so at the very least, they won't let it (completely) die.

I'm sure whatever turmoil behind "restaffing" doesn't help, but I figured if nothing else, we've reached a sort of "critical mass" that we now have 16 COs and 15 maps. Vs. when the mode first got released, there were only 7 COs, and IIRC 10 maps? So there's much more variety now than before, not to mention combinations to play with. OTOH, I'm sure this makes bug hunting and squashing much more difficult.

If nothing else I'd like to see come out in the next year or 2 the following:
1) Another Zerg and Terran CO. This would put us to 6 of each race
2) Another map.
I have may faves, and not so favorites. Some I like even better or worse depending on the CO I use. But I'm one of the exceptions in the community where I do NOT have any map "blacklisted", so I'd welcome another one.
04/21/2019 03:44 PMPosted by ackmondual
FWIW, Coop does seem like it'll be a mainstay. I checked the image of the box back for LotV, and one of the sections advertises Coop mode as a prominent feature, so at the very least, they won't let it (completely) die.

I'm sure whatever turmoil behind "restaffing" doesn't help, but I figured if nothing else, we've reached a sort of "critical mass" that we now have 16 COs and 15 maps. Vs. when the mode first got released, there were only 7 COs, and IIRC 10 maps? So there's much more variety now than before, not to mention combinations to play with. OTOH, I'm sure this makes bug hunting and squashing much more difficult.

If nothing else I'd like to see come out in the next year or 2 the following:
1) Another Zerg and Terran CO. This would put us to 6 of each race
2) Another map.
I have may faves, and not so favorites. Some I like even better or worse depending on the CO I use. But I'm one of the exceptions in the community where I do NOT have any map "blacklisted", so I'd welcome another one.

6 maps back in 2015 and Zeratul came in November , so RIP,
Well, seems like the future of coop is being forever on "life support" with no updates
I am sure Co-op is an excuse for many to play Starcraft 2 with near-instant pairing time. I expect at least sporadic support for the next couple of years.
04/22/2019 05:05 PMPosted by nakayuri
I am sure Co-op is an excuse for many to play Starcraft 2 with near-instant pairing time. I expect at least sporadic support for the next couple of years.

It's an excuse to enjoy SC2 without the bs toxicity of ranked.
04/21/2019 03:44 PMPosted by ackmondual
I'm sure whatever turmoil behind "restaffing" doesn't help

Supposedly they cut 'support staff' so development could have more funding to increase production of in game content. Support staff meaning people unrelated to actual game content like PR reps, forum mods, customer support, people that stock lunch rooms and onsite cafeterias.
The irony is there seems to be no change to coop besides bug fixes and bug changes, and even more radio silence. I do wish people would stop screaming the end is near. Having multiple threads saying coop has no future and its dead only reinforces public and Blizz opinion that they shouldn't produce content.
Sure, but you have to admit that the way things look match up pretty well with "game is dead" or "maintenance mode" definitions we would apply to anything else. It's either the case that Blizz needs to prove that attitude wrong by producing more content and updates, or many players in the fan base are simply in denial and it really is dead.
I always find these threads a little disheartening, people seem so ready to just write co-op off just because we haven't heard anything from Blizzard about it for a few months.

If you stop playing because you think it's going to die then when it does get shut down you will be just as responsible for its demise as the executives that decided to pull staff from it in the first place.

If you love playing co-op the best thing you can do is keep playing co-op.

If they see that a game mode is being supported by players I have to believe that they will keep supporting that mode.

I have to believe it, because I've always loved Starcraft and seeing it die would be like watching the house I grew up in burn down.
I can't agree with that, Tuba, because if they didn't want it to die, they would offer more for it. Players are attracted to new content and eventually get bored when there's nothing fresh for them for a long time. Players aren't "just as responsible" for it. I really enjoy it, but what are you supposed to do when you have all commanders at 15 and mastery 90? There's no more progression, and ascension is pointless, so this is where new commanders is supposed to come in. Even if you can get them to 15 rather quickly, you at least aren't bored of them yet, and presumably won't be for awhile.
04/23/2019 01:01 AMPosted by TubaWarrior
I always find these threads a little disheartening, people seem so ready to just write co-op off just because we haven't heard anything from Blizzard about it for a few months.
What you are missing here is the context. Things are much different than if we hadn't heard from Blizzard for a few months in previous years.

Take into account what's been happening with Activision Blizzard over the last 12 months or so, you begin to wonder where all this is heading.

- Shares have tanked from $83 to about $45 currently
- Diablo Immortal has been received massive backlash
- 2018 was a year of cost cutting
- Activision Blizzard achieved record revenue in 2018 yet still fired 800 of their staff
- Heroes of the Storm esports has been scaled back significantly
- WoW Battle for Azeroth is stuttering badly
- Bungie staff cheered when they got news they are severing ties with Activision and are taking the Destiny franchise with them

For SC2 coop:
- No new map for almost a year
- Leaderboards, announced in 2016, is nowhere to be seen and is probably dead
- Commander revamps have ground to a halt for some reason

This has the look of co-op having been badly affected by these internal dramas, things that Activision Blizzard created themselves, and as a result, the future looks bleak.

If you stop playing because you think it's going to die then when it does get shut down you will be just as responsible for its demise as the executives that decided to pull staff from it in the first place.
If a player finds a game boring, they will move on to something else. Can you really blame them for that?
I dont know why are people so dramatizing. Each year the commanders have not come before may or june. They always seem to take time.

Still i think they shelved this mode for good. The last 2 commanders where casual oriented. I went back to the campaigns and couldnt believe how much difference there is in the skill gap. Wouldnt mind if they call it a day if their philosophy right now is to release mindless commanders.

If they see that a game mode is being supported by players I have to believe that they will keep supporting that mode.

I have to believe it, because I've always loved Starcraft and seeing it die would be like watching the house I grew up in burn down.

didn't work for diablo 3, has a ton of players yet is abandoned, all you get there is ''we hearing your concerns'', ''we're improving our communication'' and ''the forges are burning hot'' for years on end all the while having 0 communication and 0 content.

as a diablo 3 players I see what happened to diablo 3 and seeing it happen to starcraft 2 now, that's why I'm saying it's going to die because it has the same signs as diablo 3.

Activision Blizzard has untold billions of dollars, they only pull staff if they want to make even more billions of dollars and clearly co-op doesn't make ALL the money, some money yes but some money isn't good enough for activision blizzard

As users, there's only so much we can do, so I don't buy this argument.

Problem is, we don't what types and quantities of support is enough. Can't dismiss the player base since it requires being able to pair with others. However, is Blizzard and their shareholders seeking more money? Are they trying to get us to buy more skins and cosmetics? Lure people into play other modes? Hopefully we can find a common ground between players and them that's sustainable for both sides.

This sort of wishful thinking can be dangerous.

Despite taking a long break/hiatus from Plants Vs. Zombies 2, TWICE.. I finally got pissed off at the direction it's gone to that not only did I quit it for good, I deleted the app out of sheer frustration and disgust. I hope Sc2 lives on forever (or doesn't, but perhaps that'll mean we've moved on to Sc3+), but if nothing else, change is the one constant thing in life :\
Needs that leaderboard and record runs. I'd be nowhere in there since I usually just play hard mode randoms with some drinks, but it would be nice to see the top Coop players up there. Kinda like the Mythic dungeon ladder in WoW.
I'd rather see some bonuses based on in-game performance:

- most units killed
- most structures destroyed
- most objectives taken
- most optional objectives taken
- best unit k/d ratio
- best resource production
- best unit production
- most enemy squads intercepted before reaching your base

Stuff like that. These would be kind of like the old awards from Perfect Dark. I would want there to be some incentive to try for those kinds of things. Maybe just bonus exp, like 500xp for most kills, or 3xp per kill, 1,000xp for most interceptions... just spit-balling here. I don't know what the ideal arrangement would be. Some awards would have to exclude certain commanders like Tychus or Zag for opposite, but obvious, reasons.

Anyway, having this stuff would be more interesting than a leader board would, but would also contribute to making a leader board interesting, seeing who leads in each of these rewards, who has the most kill exp, who keeps objectives the most secure, etc.