Campaign Discussion
1 2 3 18 Next
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20771037173?page=26

Topics

Spiderman
Anduin sucks
Forum alignment chart
@Bifrost

Human Alliance fan to be precise. One that want peace between the factions after the war like Anduin, despite Teldrassil.
04/23/2019 02:52 AMPosted by Marsaro
@Bifrost

Human Alliance fan to be precise. One that want peace between the factions after the war like Anduin, despite Teldrassil.

I would be tired of the better part of two decades of war and conflict too. If my understanding of the WoW timeline is right, by the next expansion all the new characters will have been alive for less time than Sylvanas has been dead, assuming she isn't offed at the end of BFA.
@Bifrost Ah, I see what you mean. As he himself pointed out, we've been pretty good lately. He and I both are very passionate about the things we like and don't, it just so often is that those things are at polar opposites of the spectrum.

@Kelthar Sure, but that's proper and classic Spider-Man, MCU isn't. Not being properly bullied is another reason it's just not Spider-Man; being an outcast is part of the character at this point in his life.

For real life bullying, here in North America, it's alive and well from what I understand, and cyberbullying, as they call it, has only added to the ammunition bullies can use. They try to stop it, but bad things still happen. Unfortunately, some of those bullied have actually streamed their own suicides; it's awful stuff.

Bullying in the workplace, among adults, happens here too, but it's done in a different form. It's illegal, at least in Ontario, but I've seen it. I always enjoy when folk try to bully me there, and I shut them down completely. Doesn't happen too much anymore since people know that crap doesn't fly with me.

@Samariyu Yeah. Still doesn't need breasts. Oh well. I love the people freaking out at the female costume design in the game, about how it's not "sexy" enough.

Anyway, under 2.5 hours until the PC version unlocks!
The more I read about wow lore, the happier I am that I don't play wow.
I would be tired of the better part of two decades of war and conflict too.

The problem from an Alliance PoV is that trying to get a lasting peace with the Horde as it is now is a lost cause since they already tried that twice, and every time the Horde started the war yet again, with bigger atrocities every single time. The sensible thing to do would be to effectively dismantle the Horde as an organization, but that's not what the direction of the Alliance with Anduin and Jaina is right now, they are more in the lines of "we remove Sylvanas and peace will happen", which doesn't solve anything : it leaves Saurfang in charge of the Horde for instance, despite being the mastermind behind the War of Thorns and someone Tyrande regretted sparing. Whu would a NE want peace with an organization that did more damage to them than the Burning Legion ?
@Kelthar

Wanting peace is fine. Anytgung with Anduin is not fine.

NElves need a retribution for what was done to them. And they need brutal retribution.

@JP

It was primarily a comment on the whole history.

You have a suffering-Spidey-!@#$% syndrome :D

On a serious note, thing about Parker being constantly bullied is sort of weird, when he’s such a smart and likable guy.

Although him paying more for trying to maintain both lives would be a welcome thing. MCU in general tends to be incredibly inconsequential. All those ressurrections.

Thor:Ragnarok actually brought pain to protagonists despite being hillarious as hell.

@Samar

Knowing your fetishes makes me realize mine aren’t that weird.
He didn't remember Varian's last lesson :
To preserve peace, you must be willing to fight.

Somehow he doesn't want to fight the Horde, just Sylvanas. Because clearly every thing bad the Horde did was Sylvanas's fault...
On a serious note, thing about Parker being constantly bullied is sort of weird, when he’s such a smart and likable guy.

Eh, bullying a genuinely good guy when there are jealous people out there. I remember something similar happening in the French National Football Team a decade ago : there was a young and promising player who entered the squad who was elegant, likeable and very intellectual for a football player, being more of a tactician than a technician. Some players hated that and started mocking him and boycotting him during training sessions and even during official games, and the joke of a manager we had back then didn't do anything until the 2010 WC when he benched him during a vital game to ease tensions. The game was lost and everything went crazy to the point where the player and its bullies nearly fought eachother among other batsh!t insanities. Now that player's career has declined seriously, being constantly injured with his managers always saying he has a mental block in his head, like if his self-esteem was broken that year...
04/23/2019 07:28 AMPosted by Marsaro
He didn't remember Varian's last lesson :
To preserve peace, you must be willing to fight.

Somehow he doesn't want to fight the Horde, just Sylvanas. Because clearly every thing bad the Horde did was Sylvanas's fault...

Well, at the moment, it looks like the Horde is dismantling itself just fine on its own. Baine and the one blood elf leader whose name I cant spell are all but in open rebellion against Sylvanas. Saurfang actually is in open rebellion. The Zandalari are giving her the stink eye on a personal level. Regardless of where the chips fall, the Horde is not going to be the same organization once Sylvanas is inevitable deposed. Its just a question of whether Blizzard will let it stay in the new direction this time.
Yeah, it’s like all Axis atrocities were commited by that moustached mongrel.

They were not.
This is what I hate about fictions like Harry Potter, Star Wars or Eragon.

Evil embodied by a single entity, wait single man. Kill him and everything’s fine.

So the idea of Rebels not having won yet in episode 7 wasn’t that bad, if they made some actual storytelling instead of rehash of 4/6.
Kinda sad. Too smart for football I guess. There are very few players I actually respect besides Petr Čech.

Name of the player?
Regardless of where the chips fall, the Horde is not going to be the same organization once Sylvanas is inevitable deposed. Its just a question of whether Blizzard will let it stay in the new direction this time.

But it already happened before with Garrosh, and peace didn't last. Not to mention how the Old Horde also broke apart during the Second War.

Name of the player?

Yoann Gourcuff. Now he doesn't even have a football team. Meanwhile his main bully (Franck Ribéry) is still a top star in Bayern Munich...
insert some casual racist comment about Ribéry’s faith
Eh, we have Ngolo Kanté in the French team. Same faith (and actually quite devout, unlike Ribéry who apparently only became muslim to marry the sister of a friend he wanted to emulate, a wife he cheated on after that with that friend's approval...), but one of the nicest and most accessible players you can find nowadays.

Ribéry's problem is that he is a converted. Converted people are always more fanatical and violent than native ones. They somehow think that entering the "right" faith allows them to do whatever they want.
04/23/2019 08:02 AMPosted by Marsaro
But it already happened before with Garrosh, and peace didn't last. Not to mention how the Old Horde also broke apart during the Second War.

Garrosh didn't really split the Horde the way Sylvanas did, it was only ever just him and some other orc extremists. Syl on the other hand still has the admittedly threadbare loyalty of many of the orcs, trolls and blood elves, plus all of her Forsaken and the goblins in her pocket.
Yeah, Kanté seems chill. Ribéry is obviously d^ck, because he’s a d^ck, regardless of religion.

We actually have an old saying “One that turned to Turks is worse than a Turk”. It doesn’t sound that sloppy in Czech.
Ribéry is obviously d^ck, because he’s a d^ck, regardless of religion.

A decade ago he denied any problem between him and his victim, including during a surreal interview he irrupted in wearing sandals. Now he's saying that the bullied was the one who made him look bad, to justify how the French public hates him to this day. Good thing he left the national team years ago...
04/23/2019 06:59 AMPosted by TheBentOne
The more I read about wow lore, the happier I am that I don't play wow.
Yeah, they're kinda screwing the pooch from every direction atm.

Also @everyone, c'mon ya'll, bug jugs are super vanilla. Don't taze me, bro.

Lor'themar denying Sylvanas's help towards Quel'Thalas and the Wrathgate being retconned to be Sylvanas's fault are such blatant attempts to remove any sympathy towards her that I feel more and more inclined to defend her. If Wc3 Reforged follows this retcon trend I will end up as Nathanos I fear :X
04/23/2019 12:42 PMPosted by Marsaro

Lor'themar denying Sylvanas's help towards Quel'Thalas and the Wrathgate being retconned to be Sylvanas's fault are such blatant attempts to remove any sympathy towards her that I feel more and more inclined to defend her. If Wc3 Reforged follows this retcon trend I will end up as Nathanos I fear :X

Sylvanas was already a bad guy in WC3, in as much as she was a treacherous undead murderer fighting other undead.