Blizzard abridged part 3

Campaign Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 18 Next
05/18/2019 04:57 PMPosted by Bifrost
05/18/2019 03:28 PMPosted by Gradius
Yo Bifrost, what do I do for my rotator cuff? It's hurt for like 8 months.

Also, how do you fix red itchy blotches on your groin area? Asking for a friend.

Have you had MRI or at least echo done?

I’d need to see that/do your, err his/her history. Including sex log.

I mean paying a visit to a good dermatologist is the best option here. They are used to seeing friends with weird stuff in touchy areas.

Well I’m only 28 so I don’t think I have CAD. No MRI yet, but I think I have like a partial rotator cuff tear or something.

The sex log is pretty extensive. But yes, Ill let my friend know.
In general, MRI is the best imaging method for soft tissues of musculoskeketal system.

In case of friend’s red itchy blotches, it might have to do something with his/her sex log given that it is in groin area and I don’t think it’s because he/she didn’t change wet underpants. But again, it depends on the actual cause. Tell him/her to see a dermatologist.

STD-related skin rashes are well... not uncommon. It’s mostly about swallowing his/her pride and going to professional.
@Gradius

With no disrespect to Brother Bifrost’s ability as a medical practitione, I don’t think you should take his assumption seriously. If you and yours really have an issue, you should go to the hospital. Or just visit Brother Bifrost in real life! Your call.
05/19/2019 05:01 AMPosted by Time
@Gradius

With no disrespect to Brother Bifrost’s ability as a medical practitione, I don’t think you should take his assumption seriously. If you and yours really have an issue, you should go to the hospital. Or just visit Brother Bifrost in real life! Your call.

I don’t think he takes it too seriously. I think he’s just curious what is my take.
I do need an MRI, but the itchy groin blotches was a joke.
05/19/2019 11:46 AMPosted by Gradius
I do need an MRI, but the itchy groin blotches was a joke.

I remember you mentioning shoulder issues when we discussed excercise shortly some time ago.

Sure they are. Your buddy doesn’t have any blotches.

Jokes aside, I am not judgemental. It can happen to anyone. Except virgins, am I right.
05/18/2019 09:52 AMPosted by Bifrost
Well, for all their expected side effects, corticosteroids work the best quite often.

Dude, if they didn't have long term side effects, I'd insist on being on Prednisone for, well, ever. The way it deals with inflammation is absolutely fantastic!

Speaking of MRIs, I actually have my annual MRI coming up in just over a month, and I'm anxious to find out the results.

2019 has really not been kind to me health-wise. For the most part my digestive aggravation has not been the most severe its ever been, but where as normally it takes me about a week and a half to two weeks to recover and get back to normal, now it seems to take between four to six weeks! Things always just linger and linger, and I'm more easily catching regular colds and flus which oft aggravate things further.

I suspect I am going to need to change my treatment, and if so, I'm going to talk with my doc about going back on the combination of meds that put me in remission two years ago in the first place.
Yesterday I got to watch Avengers: Endgame, so no more need to avoid spoilers on my account.
Since apparently everyone here saw the movie, here are my gripes :

-Rat OP.
-Why are Black Widow and Hawkeye surprised that the Stone guarded by Red Skull requires a sacrifice ? I thought Nebula would have tipped them about that detail...
-In relation to our previous "Consequences for Spiderman" discussion : Apparently everyone of Peter Classmates were snapped by Thanos since they all have the same age in the next movie. Convenient to say the least.
-The directors and writers can't make their mind on it, but if Thanos reduced the Stones to Atoms, wouldn't it have been easier to search them in the Atomic dimension with Ant-man instead of Time Travel ?
-Scott spent a few hours in the quantum dimension while 5 years have past in the real world. Yet in the previous film he had direct communication with the Pyms before the snap, and Pfeiffer's character also spent years in it. I smell a retcon, or a plot hole...

Otherwise a fun movie.
Don’t think too hard about it.
05/19/2019 01:48 PMPosted by Marsaro
Why are Black Widow and Hawkeye surprised that the Stone guarded by Red Skull requires a sacrifice ? I thought Nebula would have tipped them about that detail

My memory on infinity war is foggy here, but did Nebula really know about the sacrifice part? I could of sworn that all they knew was that Gamora died during Thanos' journey to get the Soul Stone. I watched Star Lords' outburst against Thanos just now, and all Nebula said was that Thanos went to Vormir with Gamora, but only Thanos came back. No mention of the sacrifice at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbOn3q_9Co

------------------------------------------------------------

Biggest issues I have:

- It was obvious that the Russos didn't know what to do with Captain Marvel. She shows up for the first 10ish minutes only to disappear all the way until the final battle. It made her feel so irrelevant.
- They basically made the Infinity Gauntlet pointless by having Tony make an iron glove that can hold the stones.
- The Girl Power moment in the final battle was so forced. Talk about convenient that no one but the girls all ended up in the same exact spot.
- Drax never got his shining character moment facing off against the people who killed his family.

Other than those, I enjoyed Endgame.
05/19/2019 04:24 PMPosted by Retloclive
- Drax never got his shining character moment facing off against the people who killed his family.

Sure he did. Back in Guardians 1. He makes a joke about needing to kill Thanos, but he doesn't actually hold him personally responsible for the deaths of his family the way he did Ronan.
05/18/2019 03:28 PMPosted by Gradius
Yo Bifrost, what do I do for my rotator cuff? It's hurt for like 8 months.

[/quote]Rotator cuff problems sometimes respond to physical therapy. My insurance wouldn't allow an MRI until I had some number of therapy sessions. After completing the therapy, it's improved to the point I'm not going back to the orthopedist.
05/19/2019 08:19 PMPosted by DiamondDave

Rotator cuff problems sometimes respond to physical therapy. My insurance wouldn't allow an MRI until I had some number of therapy sessions. After completing the therapy, it's improved to the point I'm not going back to the orthopedist.[/quote]

Gradius ain’t US I think.

05/19/2019 04:24 PMPosted by Retloclive
Why are Black Widow and Hawkeye surprised that the Stone guarded by Red Skull requires a sacrifice ? I thought Nebula would have tipped them about that detail

My memory on infinity war is foggy here, but did Nebula really know about the sacrifice part? I could of sworn that all they knew was that Gamora died during Thanos' journey to get the Soul Stone. I watched Star Lords' outburst against Thanos just now, and all Nebula said was that Thanos went to Vormir with Gamora, but only Thanos came back. No mention of the sacrifice at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbOn3q_9Co

------------------------------------------------------------

Biggest issues I have:

- It was obvious that the Russos didn't know what to do with Captain Marvel. She shows up for the first 10ish minutes only to disappear all the way until the final battle. It made her feel so irrelevant.
- They basically made the Infinity Gauntlet pointless by having Tony make an iron glove that can hold the stones.
- The Girl Power moment in the final battle was so forced. Talk about convenient that no one but the girls all ended up in the same exact spot.

Other than those, I enjoyed Endgame.

They didn’t want her there in the first place. Flying bricks are hard to write in this age. I am just happy they were able to use her in a way that she was somewhat useful, but not too much.

They never really talked about the Gauntlet in the movies, right?

It’s kinda cheesy, but when you think about it, shots with only dudes are totally common and no one thinks about it. When you have shot with just Tony, Cap and Thor no one’s gonna point it out.
We’re just on our toes, “cuz’ 3rd wave feminists”, but when I think about it, I try to look at it from point of view of some young girl who likes these flicks and she’s like “that’s so cool”.
There was only this much time to cram stuff into.
GoT spoilers check.

I am ready.
05/19/2019 11:38 PMPosted by Bifrost
We’re just on our toes, “cuz’ 3rd wave feminists”, but when I think about it, I try to look at it from point of view of some young girl who likes these flicks and she’s like “that’s so cool”.

I saw the movie with my sister. We both noticed that particular moment, and while I didn't think much of it other than to smirk a little (I think my exact words were "that thing they did. It was there, and I saw it.*"), she was quite pleased that they actually had a scene with just female characters in it. So to that end, it achieved its goal, it made at least one girl viewer happy, so im content to leave it be and not worry about it.

*For those struggling to parse this, its an overly verbose way of saying "I see what you did there."
-In relation to our previous "Consequences for Spiderman" discussion : Apparently everyone of Peter Classmates were snapped by Thanos since they all have the same age in the next movie. Convenient to say the least.

Yup. No consequences for millennial Spider-Man. I knew he was going to be brought back, of course, but I groaned out loud when he first appeared.

They also showed the Spider-Man: Far from Home trailer post-movie, and I absolutely laughed my !@# off when they were talking about Spider-Man becoming the next Iron Man. This character is Iron-Man Jr., not Spider-Man; the universe itself is even joking about it. Too funny.

It’s kinda cheesy, but when you think about it, shots with only dudes are totally common and no one thinks about it. When you have shot with just Tony, Cap and Thor no one’s gonna point it out.

Honestly, people freaking out against, and being hardcore for, all these political correct ideals just annoy me. People make mountains out of ant hills over this stuff, and are usually obnoxious in the doing of it, and I find it's made a lot of communities, and definitely social media platforms, significantly more toxic as a result.

TestYourMight, the big Mortal Kombat site I go to, is generally banning anyone who so much as types "SJW" now, and I say good on them, as people who stir up things with such extremes never contribute anything positive to a community.

I have a good buddy who is hardcore against anything feminist and sees plots, conspiracies, and the popular buzz term, "agendas" everywhere, and I find I chat with him less now because he's just so blatantly negative and sometimes outright argumentative over such things. And everything always comes back to these things in the world of entertainment with him.

The "girl power" scene was fine, and anyone complaining about it seems to have failed to notice that the "girls" actually failed; a "man" had to save the day.
They never really talked about the Gauntlet in the movies, right?

No, but I always viewed the Infinity Gauntlet as a powerful artifact that is the only thing capable of holding all 6 Infinity Stones. For me, the fact Iron Man just makes his own metal glove destroys any uniqueness the gauntlet may of had. It's built up as this grand artifact that can hold the power of all the stones, but then a newly made metal glove just comes in and takes the glory.

When you have shot with just Tony, Cap and Thor no one’s gonna point it out.

Cap, Iron Man, and Thor being the only ones to take on Thanos didn't bug me because it seemed built-up and heavily implied up to this point to me that everyone considered those 3 as the leaders of the Avengers. Them being the ones taking on Thanos made sense. A bunch of random girls gathering in one spot did not. Overall, the girls having their moment isn't my issue, it's how contrived it was to get them all in one spot on the battlefield that bugs me.
@Kelthar

That’s what I hope was an intention.

@JP

This place taught me, that sometimes you need to Gradius it up and sometimes you need to deGradiused it completely. Some hills are worthy to die on, but not all of them.

@RC

I am not saying, that the male main team-up should bug you (because it was awesome), just that I get what they were trying to do.

It wasn’t perfect execution, but it was a short moment and it was... “good” kind of feminism. It wasn’t “fu^k men, girl powa, dudes are bad”, it was “girls are awesome”.
If you want to see really bad "girl powah" stuff, check the Batwoman trailer. First time I saw it I thought it was a parody, but nope, it's real.