Blizzard abridged part 3

Campaign Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 18 Next
I loved it, 3 hours of great moments and great characters that really felt like the epic conclusion to a massive long running saga. ( not to cast stones but some writers of a certain HBO show probably should have taken notes.). Think I enjoyed just about all of it.

About that particular scene, I enjoyed it. The only thing that made me roll my eyes a bit was them setting it up with "how are you going to get past them?", "I'll have help." Captain Marvel just OHKOed that giant battleship, like she needs help cutting through some grunts?

I thought that they did a pretty good job keeping the characters that could take out ungloved Thanos out of the way so the OG avengers crew could have thier moments, Strange being dusted and then having to hold back the flood, Wanda being dusted then nuked from orbit, Marvel arriving super late to the party cause she was putting out fires on other planets.

Also props for finally making me care about Widow and Hawkeye.
I always cared about them. Because they are not even super rich normals. They are just skilled normals. Also Jeremy and Scarlett always had a good chemistry.

Only lots of skill and lot more dedication.
05/20/2019 09:26 AMPosted by Marsaro
If you want to see really bad "girl powah" stuff, check the Batwoman trailer. First time I saw it I thought it was a parody, but nope, it's real.

Horrible trailer, but it's nothing surprising. The CW was already being that cringeworthy with Supergirl.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I find the CW superhero-verse to be severely overrated. Arrow and Flash had a couple good seasons early on, but after that, it's been mediocre at best.
05/20/2019 10:02 AMPosted by Retloclive
05/20/2019 09:26 AMPosted by Marsaro
If you want to see really bad "girl powah" stuff, check the Batwoman trailer. First time I saw it I thought it was a parody, but nope, it's real.

Horrible trailer, but it's nothing surprising. The CW was already being that cringeworthy with Supergirl.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I find the CW superhero-verse to be severely overrated. Arrow and Flash had a couple good seasons early on, but after that, it's been mediocre at best.

It’s not unpopular. Yes, it gets you into conflicts, but it’s not a minority opinion by any means.
@Bifrost Indeed. Corporate life is a lot like that to. The general expression there is "pick your battles."

@Time A while back you were asking what the difference was between Fatalities and Brutalities in Mortal Kombat 11. I just did a fun set against the Hard AI where you can see just that, as well as a Mercy. There's a bunch of Fatal Blows and a few Krushing Blows as well.

You can check the set out here, if you like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4wrFY6q9zg

Kitana is generally considered mid-tier in this game right now, and I'm using her "Highborn" Variation, which a lot of people believe to be the lesser of her two. I disagree with that, as its lower damage, but much better space control and zoning options than her "Fan-Fare" Variation.

I randomed my opponent and got D'Vorah, and I simply chose her "Buzzed" Variation. Overall, D'Vorah is considered one of if not the worst character in the game right now, which is evident as I didn't find her very challenging at all.
Rogue gets heavily nerfed. Elysiana also gets the boot. Gooooooood :O

The Prep nerf however... why does it seem that every basic and classic rogue card need to be nerfed ? What's next, shadowstep ?
On the other hand, I have a Golden prep in my collection. That feel so good ;)
05/20/2019 12:16 PMPosted by Marsaro
Rogue gets heavily nerfed. Elysiana also gets the boot. Gooooooood :O

The Prep nerf however... why does it seem that every basic and classic rogue card need to be nerfed ? What's next, shadowstep ?
On the other hand, I have a Golden prep in my collection. That feel so good ;)

Very reasonable nerfs. Hitting right cards without wrecking them (except prep)

Elysiana still preserves her unique role, she’s just less opressive in control matchups. Inb4 Warriors keep coin in mirrors.
https://twitter.com/StarCraft/status/1130530720068308993

It looks like Blizzard is starting to tease something coming up that will be SC2 related. It kinda reminds me of a campaign briefing room, but given all the focus they've had on Co-op, it might just be the next new Commander.
I have just seen an episode of “Death, Love + Robots” and that one felt very Starcraftish.

Suits.

Space farmers using mechs to fight giant insects.
05/20/2019 02:30 PMPosted by Retloclive

It looks like Blizzard is starting to tease something coming up that will be SC2 related. It kinda reminds me of a campaign briefing room, but given all the focus they've had on Co-op, it might just be the next new Commander.

That'd be hilarious if they made the adjutant a co-op commander.

05/20/2019 02:59 PMPosted by Bifrost
I have just seen an episode of “Death, Love + Robots” and that one felt very Starcraftish.

Suits.

Space farmers using mechs to fight giant insects.

I loved that one. Some of those animations are insane. The one where he was stuck in a cobweb in space the whole time and relived his life blew my mind.
05/20/2019 02:30 AMPosted by Bifrost
GoT spoilers check.

I am ready.

So am I, Brother!

@Retloclive

I guess it’s about how long the gauntlet lasts. Tony only need to hold it for one snap. Also, if you think about it, the Hunk’s gauntlet was made in less than ten minutes. It was kind of broke after just one snap while Thanos’ was ruin after he destroyed the stone.

@Juxtapose

To be honest, I have only passing interest in that game. I had played Tekken III once decades ago... Didn’t really like the genre. But your video is awesome. Too brutal, but still!

By the way, what does SJW stand for?
05/20/2019 07:35 PMPosted by Time
By the way, what does SJW stand for?

"Social Justice Warrior"

Its a rather derogatory term usually used to refer to people who claim to stand for some social issue (say, women's rights) while using that nominal stance to shout down any arguments against them. They almost never actually support the stance they claim to, at least not earnestly, but simply hide behind it to try and equate critics of their position with "bad" people.

The name itself came from a group engaging in that behavior in internet debates who identified themselves as such. Depending on the context its usually either shorthand for "this person is arguing in bad faith" or a strong identifier that the user has nothing of value to say.
05/20/2019 02:30 PMPosted by Retloclive

Given that our latest mission pack was for the Terran, this is definitely a new commander...

@Emperor Probius, the ruler of Probe

Thanks
05/20/2019 08:04 PMPosted by Time
Given that our latest mission pack was for the Terran, this is definitely a new commander...

I hope its tosh. I want to use Spectres in coop.
@Gradius

Loving Netflix animated stuff lately. Regardless of intended age group.

That one was creepy as fu^k.

My other faves are Sonnie’s edge and Helping hand.

And Secret War. Rest in peace Lieutenant.
Several Boomsday cards are getting a buff. I can already see the pigs flying from my window.
05/21/2019 11:11 AMPosted by Marsaro
Several Boomsday cards are getting a buff. I can already see the pigs flying from my window.

Sayeth what?

Kibler is gonna be so happy.
Bloody hell. The new commander is Stetmann.

Everything is ruined.
05/21/2019 11:53 AMPosted by Kelthar

Everything is ruined.

Could have been Hanson :/
05/21/2019 12:27 PMPosted by Bifrost
05/21/2019 11:53 AMPosted by Kelthar

Everything is ruined.

Could have been Hanson :/

Everything is ruined.