1 T qualified out of 14 for GSL Super Tourney

General Discussion
04/06/2019 09:16 AMPosted by Farbros
04/06/2019 08:57 AMPosted by gadwin

The PPP is out in full force whining today. Look at teHBatz. His salt is unbelievable today.
i thought its you was the one, who create a thread about toss imba every time terran lose any map, check your post history
what should i add? and this terran even write
04/07/2019 07:42 AMPosted by gadwin
So for all the PPP whining after the Trap vs Maru GSL series, Trap played Maru again today in the BJ Destruction Team league final, which was worth $4,428 USD for the winning team: https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/2019_BJ_Destruction_Match_Season_1

In the GSL series between Trap and Maru, Artosis mentioned that Trap should have used a Colossus build against Maru but Trap didn't really use that in his games. Lo and behold, Trap used a Colossus build this time in the BJ Destruction Team league final and he beat Maru.
how can you be taked seriously after that? :D
Infinite PvZ and PvP incoming.. so much fun...
04/08/2019 12:10 PMPosted by error
Infinite PvZ and PvP incoming.. so much fun...

ZvZ is the best matchup in the game. I hope to see a couple of those if possible.
^ The only ZvZ worth watching was Serral vs Reynor or either of them vs KR Zerg, anything else is ZZZzzzzz. I would even only watch Serral vs KR Zerg. Seeing the responses here the cherrypicking and hypocrisy, would gladly stop looking below the sticky threads, it's like posting to walls. Nothing comes out of it, just generating post count.
04/08/2019 09:45 AMPosted by ImctrEU
Still though, let's see TY lost to Hurricane twice, Innovation lost to parting

This is pretty much the only important thing you can take away from the results, I think

04/08/2019 12:26 PMPosted by Velitey
ZvZ is the best matchup in the game. I hope to see a couple of those if possible.

I too do not think for myself and mindless repeat what casters tell me to say. I am a good boy.
04/08/2019 08:38 AMPosted by gadwin
Out of the 14 players that qualified for the GSL Super Tournament, Gumiho was the only Terran that qualified: https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/2019_AfreecaTV_GSL_Super_Tournament_1

Interestingly, 8 Protoss player out of 14 players qualified for the GSL Super Tournament.

Oh yeah, 13 Terrans, 12 Protoss, and 11 Zerg played in the qualifiers. So there was more Terran than Protoss or Zerg trying to qualify, but only 1 Terran got through.

Whenever you say only 1-3 of a specific race qualified for a tournament everybody already knows that it's Terran.
04/08/2019 12:44 PMPosted by ImctrEU
^ The only ZvZ worth watching was Serral vs Reynor or either of them vs KR Zerg, anything else is ZZZzzzzz. I would even only watch Serral vs KR Zerg. Seeing the responses here the cherrypicking and hypocrisy, would gladly stop looking below the sticky threads, it's like posting to walls. Nothing comes out of it, just generating post count.

Yes, I'm talking top level ZvZ of course! Lower level ZvZ is pretty boring.
04/08/2019 01:47 PMPosted by BerryCrunch
Out of the 14 players that qualified for the GSL Super Tournament, Gumiho was the only Terran that qualified: https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/2019_AfreecaTV_GSL_Super_Tournament_1

Interestingly, 8 Protoss player out of 14 players qualified for the GSL Super Tournament.

Oh yeah, 13 Terrans, 12 Protoss, and 11 Zerg played in the qualifiers. So there was more Terran than Protoss or Zerg trying to qualify, but only 1 Terran got through.

Whenever you say only 1-3 of a specific race qualified for a tournament everybody already knows that it's Terran.

Good. When the game is balanced one day, then I may mean any race. Until the game is balanced, then I will always refer to Terran.
04/08/2019 01:47 PMPosted by BerryCrunch

that's because only Terrans whine this much when they're underrepresented. Zergs gets spanked every GSL and there's rarely a peep about it.
that's because only Terrans whine this much when they're underrepresented. Zergs gets spanked every GSL and there's rarely a peep about it.

Oh please, during 1-st year of LoTV Protoss players were whining like... eh, what's the appropriate English idiom?

And they actually had a point, Protoss was too weak (at least in PvT; and opening every game with blind counter to WM drop sucked).
Just like Terrans do now.
Don't care to single out specific tournaments, let's look at premier tournaments at a whole instead:

https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Premier_Tournaments

When the finals are over for GSL S1, we can draw some conclusions.
04/08/2019 07:02 PMPosted by Raver
Don't care to single out specific tournaments, let's look at premier tournaments at a whole instead:

So what I can figure out is that
-Foreign Terran players aren't even competitive
-Korean Terrans are competitive
-Maru is a really good player
04/08/2019 02:40 PMPosted by Shahzad
Zergs gets spanked every GSL and there's rarely a peep about it.

A Zerg just won IEM. And a Zerg won Blizzcon. And EU WCS is dominated by Zergs. Zergs are doing fine.
04/08/2019 07:48 PMPosted by gadwin
A Zerg just won IEM. And a Zerg won Blizzcon. And EU WCS is dominated by Zergs. Zergs are doing fine.

Zerg players aren't winning everything this is unacceptable. Terran is a broken race we need to remove them from the game.
04/08/2019 07:46 PMPosted by SinsWhisper

Yup, it was like this in 2018 and the trend is continuing at 2019. Delusional trolls like to point out less important tournament results like major tournaments, but premier tournaments are where the money and big names are at. This is where you look at if you seriously want to take a look at pro level balance.

Third place isn't competitive.

Gotcha.
04/08/2019 09:22 PMPosted by Velitey

Gotcha.

Tell that to every zerg who whines about not winning gsl. Boo freaking hoo.
04/08/2019 10:03 PMPosted by Miro
04/08/2019 09:22 PMPosted by Velitey

Gotcha.

Except I’m not "every Zerg", I think Zerg is very fine even in GSL. My point is that Terrans in WCS are doing just as well as Zerg in GSL. TIME was in the run for 1st place until the last series! Heromarine got second in groups which is fantastic for a guy playing a race that "cannot compete".
04/08/2019 10:10 PMPosted by Velitey

Except I’m not "every Zerg", I think Zerg is very fine even in GSL. My point is that Terrans in WCS are doing just as well as Zerg in GSL. TIME was in the run for 1st place until the last series! Heromarine got second in groups which is fantastic for a guy playing a race that "cannot compete".

I know youre not every zerg. You tend to be a lot more reasonable tjan most people on the forums hah. It was more a general statement than anything.

Good that they are doing okay though.
04/08/2019 10:10 PMPosted by Velitey

Except that Terran is not. Terran is still struggling in WCS EU with only Heromarine as the only Terran in the last 8. Terran struggled at IEM. And Terran just struggled at the GSL Super Tournament qualifier.