Removing one unit for each race

General Discussion
If you could remove one unit for each race with the goal of making SC2 a better game which units would you remove?

Terran: Liberator
Because liberators turn TvT into viking wars and ranged liberators restricts map design too much.

Protoss: Disruptor
Giving the death ball race the anti-deathball unit does not make sense. It is also bad design to have a ground unit outrage sige tanks, it removes part of the identify of the siege tank.

Zerg: Nydus
Teleporting your whole army into your opponents main for 50/50 is just insane. It may or may not be balanced, but it really bad design to be able to instawin the game with so little drawback if does not work.
Nydus is a structure, not a unit. You fail at your own game.

l2p
Liberator
While i think the unit is pretty fair overall it forces you to transition to tempest when it is massed and i hate tempest don't force me to make them damn it.

Carrier
It is such a shame that this iconic unit from BW is so blunt, not microable, slow, requires tempest to beat you get the idea.

Swarm host
I hated every iteration of this unit from hots to today's SH, i am not sure if the new nydus is the reason i hate them even more now but once they start popping all over the map and release the locust i just want to quit.
Terran:
Widow mines: I hate these hit or miss units, either you see them coming and they do nothing or you look the other way a split second and your mineral line is gone

Protoss:
Disruptors: same thing with the widow mine, too unreliable and overlaps role with colossus a little bit

Zerg:
None, zerg is fine for me, maybe the ravager cause it looks too much like the roach
03/29/2019 12:38 AMPosted by Ghost
Because liberators turn TvT into viking wars and ranged liberators restricts map design too much.

TvT would still be viking wars either way because of how powerful vision for your siege tanks is, as well as the need to limit medivacs from your opponent.

Personally...

Terran
Either the Thor or the BattleCruiser. Both of them are pretty bad in general and don't have a lot of purpose. The latter is all but an expensive paperweight outside of the early game harassment. The former is... shaky. It's supposed to be a monster that slays other monsters. it's supposed to be mech's anti-air. it's supposed to be a high-damaging ground unit. It's supposed to be all of these things, but it does none of these things.

Protoss:
Carriers or Recall. You can deal with tempests and their range with good play and mobility, but carriers are a lot stronger than protoss players want to give them credit for. Interceptors screw with attack AI, have a ton of HP and annihilate just about anything that isn't a carrier or a BattleCruiser because of their high base armour.

Zerg:
Vipers. I hate how they can basically completely neutralize entire compositions by themselves. In combination with infestors, they nuke air units (fungal parasitic bomb combination wipes air units out easily). In combination with just about any ground unit, they annihilate mech due to blinding cloud. They draw high value targets towards the army. They're absurdly versatile and amazing at everything they do. It wouldn't be anywhere nearly as bad if they couldn't recover energy extremely quickly, but...
they could change the nydus network to how it was in starcraft 1 where it required creep.
Terran:Tank.
That is all.
03/29/2019 12:38 AMPosted by Ghost

You have never played WoL clearly
My choices

Widow Mine
Disruptors
Queen

I agree with Widow Mine and Disruptor being problem units. In my mod Widow mines are replaced with the classic vulture spider mine, and the Disruptor role is filled by the Reaver which has slow speed, higher base cost and scarab cost to balance it's high splash damage. The Disruptor itself I turned into a mobile shield battery.

The Queen is a terrible design concept, it's abilities and speed tie it the Hatchery and it's given far higher combat power then it's cost would justify because it's become the defacto Zerg defensive equivalent of photon cannons. The game would be streamlined by simply moving all this functionality into the Hatchery itself, both larva production and defense. This is what I've done in my modding. The Queen unit can then be redesigned as a support hybrid spell caster that can go with your army much like the Sentry.
It's easy

1. SH
2. WM
3. Disruptor
Terran: Reaper
Protoss: Voidray
Zerg: No reason to get rid of any.
Terran = Reaper
Protoss = colossus
Zerg = Swarm host
Terran-Reaper or widow mine
Protoss- Disruptor or adept
zerg- swarm host
If these units could be changed to be less frustrating, we wouldn't need to remove them.
Tank
SH
Carrier
03/29/2019 04:42 AMPosted by Miro
Zerg:
Vipers

The Viper is one of the best designed unit in the game. It’s a late game unit that is worth teching to, has a high skill ceiling (requires good control) and is a unit that your opponent has to respect/counter. The Viper is as good as the player controlling it, similar to Ghosts.
Tempests
03/29/2019 12:59 AMPosted by Killjoy
Liberator
While i think the unit is pretty fair overall it forces you to transition to tempest when it is massed and i hate tempest don't force me to make them damn it.

Carrier
It is such a shame that this iconic unit from BW is so blunt, not microable, slow, requires tempest to beat you get the idea.

Swarm host
I hated every iteration of this unit from hots to today's SH, i am not sure if the new nydus is the reason i hate them even more now but once they start popping all over the map and release the locust i just want to quit.

And let tempests roam even more supreme in late game PvT. Not at all surprised Protoss would pick liberator. In order to balance PvT with liberators removed Protosses have to rid of at least 3 units or more to be fair.
Terran: Widow mine

Protos: Mothership

Zerg: Swarmhost