auto-cast on stasis wards

General Discussion
The single worst decision by Blizzard was forcing auto-cast on stasis wards. Took away a ton of potential for timing attacks with oracles, and fits in perfectly with the philosophy of blizzard this game, take something with huge potential if its used skillfully and dumb it down until it becomes near worthless.
They did something similar with the Immortal's Shield ability where they changed it from a manual activation to a passive.

Took any micro and skill out of it and turned the Immortal into a A-move unit.
Protoss already has 4 billion spells to cast, lets add another on top of it all! - Terran Cry Force.

Here's an idea: how about we add ONE to terran OH WAIT THEY DID (raven) and most terrans can't handle controlling even that.

Queue the "but it doesn't synergize with bio" meme - no duh look at how incredibly clunky the protoss army is, nothing synergizes because that is THE trade off to spellcasters.
LOL, as if going over and over re-using Stasis (that now is on CD) was not enough (loss of energy, map awareness and attention), the TCF under the cover of ....."rewarding skill" are asking for another....

One asked for an Interceptor nerff for the sake of........frame-drops....
05/13/2019 06:04 PMPosted by Gooba
LOL, as if going over and over re-using Stasis (that now is on CD) was not enough (loss of energy, map awareness and attention), the TCF under the cover of ....."rewarding skill" are asking for another....

My friend, I played protoss during LOTV beta and forced statis ward auto-cast was literally the reason I stopped playing the game as much, and eventually quit.

Now, and I mean this completely seriously, can you stop behaving like an idiot? You are a complete embarrassment to the protoss community.
05/13/2019 05:32 PMPosted by MyOhMind
They did something similar with the Immortal's Shield ability where they changed it from a manual activation to a passive.

Yea I was extremely upset, since stasis wards were not a priority target you could do some really cool stuff like place them strategically to cover your retreat.

It also forced zergs/terrans to actually focus fire more often. It just added more skill to the game overall if used properly and it was REALLY fun. I was so pissed when they removed it.
05/13/2019 06:25 PMPosted by Shonix
05/13/2019 06:04 PMPosted by Gooba

My friend, I played protoss during LOTV beta and forced statis ward auto-cast was literally the reason I stopped playing the game as much, and eventually quit.

Now, and I mean this completely seriously, can you stop behaving like an idiot? You are a complete embarrassment to the protoss community.

LOL, i never said that dimwits dwell only on terran/zerg player-base. Unfortunately we have our share.
A protoss player that abandons SC2 just because his little-niche (manual vs. autocast Stasis) tactics does not deseve to be taken more seriously than all those whiners that throw tantrums because they do not get their way.

As an ex-protoss player you do not have much to show.

By the way: if you left (good riddance), why you are still here?
05/13/2019 05:41 PMPosted by tEhbAtZ
Protoss already has 4 billion spells to cast, lets add another on top of it all! - Terran Cry Force.

Here's an idea: how about we add ONE to terran OH WAIT THEY DID (raven) and most terrans can't handle controlling even that.

Queue the "but it doesn't synergize with bio" meme - no duh look at how incredibly clunky the protoss army is, nothing synergizes because that is THE trade off to spellcasters.

Your reading comprehension is lacking. He doesn't want to fully disable autocast, just make it not mandatory.

And Shonix plays protoss.
05/13/2019 06:51 PMPosted by Kelthar
05/13/2019 05:41 PMPosted by tEhbAtZ

Your reading comprehension is lacking. He doesn't want to fully disable autocast, just make it not mandatory.

And Shonix plays protoss.
i actually play random now, i dont know the meta and i dont care about balance so it seemed like the best choice.

I barely play atm though, only have a couple dozen games this seasln and they are all on a eu account.
05/13/2019 04:58 PMPosted by Shonix
The single worst decision by Blizzard was forcing auto-cast on stasis wards. Took away a ton of potential for timing attacks with oracles, and fits in perfectly with the philosophy of blizzard this game, take something with huge potential if its used skillfully and dumb it down until it becomes near worthless.
how is this even possible? Terran mines shoot ground and air with splash damage automatically, but protoss got ability, which cast automatically and STUN army, I could understand if this ability deal damage, but it's STUN opponents army, so unfair.

this moment when some races got units like bc or cyclone, where you don't even need to press A, just move.
05/14/2019 01:35 AMPosted by Farbros
05/13/2019 04:58 PMPosted by Shonix
how is this even possible? Terran mines shoot ground and air with splash damage automatically, but protoss got ability, which cast automatically and STUN army, I could understand if this ability deal damage, but it's STUN opponents army, so unfair.

this moment when some races got units like bc or cyclone, where you don't even need to press A, just move.

And the sad part is that those "Gems" come from some ex-protoss-players.....
Unfortunately not only terrans have CapShmit and Gadwins......
At least to have the option to switch between modes (manual vs. autocast)!
05/13/2019 06:42 PMPosted by Gooba
<span class="truncated">...</span>

LOL, i never said that dimwits dwell only on terran/zerg player-base. Unfortunately we have our share.
A protoss player that abandons SC2 just because his little-niche (manual vs. autocast Stasis) tactics does not deseve to be taken more seriously than all those whiners that throw tantrums because they do not get their way.

I think that due to my past actions i've proven that I care deeply about this community and the players. The reason I decided to quit after that specific change by blizzard was not because i was personally hurt by the change. No, rather that change made it completely clear to me that blizzard was never going to take steps to move the game in the right direction and design the game so that the most skillful player won most of the time. I really didn't see the point of playing a game where the design team dumbing down the game and removing a micro ability.

And to be quite honest, if you think that a forced auto-cast stasis ward is a good thing, then you are just a complete waste of space.

I think that due to my past actions i've proven that I care deeply about this community and the players. The reason I decided to quit after that specific change by blizzard was not because i was personally hurt by the change. No, rather that change made it completely clear to me that blizzard was never going to take steps to move the game in the right direction and design the game so that the most skillful player won most of the time. I really didn't see the point of playing a game where the design team dumbing down the game and removing a micro ability.

And to be quite honest, if you think that a forced auto-cast stasis ward is a good thing, then you are just a complete waste of space.

Now, certainly i don't like you (and you the same with me), but when specific issues are discussed i have to agree with you.
Certainly, an autocast Stasis is less powerful than the manually managed one, but that is not the whole story.
If you have planted 8 Stasis, you have no multitasking to spare while you macro, micro you whole army and in the same time monitor your different Stasis.

Personally i would prefer a Stasis that has a default but which can be changed (autocast or manual) depending on the decision of the player.
05/14/2019 07:54 AMPosted by Gooba
If you have planted 8 Stasis, you have no multitasking to spare while you macro, micro you whole army and in the same time monitor your different Stasis.

What happened to the protoss players on these forums? Years ago we would just welcome the ability so a really skilled player could make use of it, and now you just complain because its too hard?

jesus christ your pathetic.
If you didn't state that you were Protoss you would have been off to Batzgoban. Just make sure to state what race you play before making suggestions so they can challenge your idea instead of instantly dismissing it as TCF propaganda.
05/14/2019 08:16 AMPosted by thrasher
If you didn't state that you were Protoss you would have been off to Batzgoban. Just make sure to state what race you play before making suggestions so they can challenge your idea instead of instantly dismissing it as TCF propaganda.

Doesn't matter what he plays. He fails to understand that resources are not only Mineral and Gas but Attention, Multitasking and EPM.
On paper he is right but on Ladder his proposal is a buff only on 6500MMR and above.
I have yet to see a Stats or a Classic to do a quadruple Disruptor Drop while microing his army casting Storms from 3 Prisms and microing 6 Novas simultaneously.

This is not possible for any human being, it exists only on the fantasy-world of people that fail to see the SC2 in full complexity.
This is a game where you have to prioritize, monitoring several Stasis is a burden that will backfire in other more important directions.
Unless he is one of those players that distracts himself with exellent micro of 3 Stalkers in the enemy base while his whole army get's slaughtered and his Main is Doom-Dropped.
05/14/2019 08:10 AMPosted by Shonix
05/14/2019 07:54 AMPosted by Gooba

What happened to the protoss players on these forums? Years ago we would just welcome the ability so a really skilled player could make use of it, and now you just complain because its too hard?

jesus christ your pathetic.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding. You mean to replace the autocast with manual or have manual on top of autocast (as an option)?

If it is the second option, i am all for it.
05/14/2019 08:45 AMPosted by Gooba
He fails to understand that resources are not only Mineral and Gas but Attention, Multitasking and EPM.
On paper he is right but on Ladder his proposal is a buff only on 6500MMR and above.

This is a game where you have to prioritize, monitoring several Stasis is a burden that will backfire in other more important directions.

congrats, you are the first person to trigger me enough to take a break from the internet; and I casually browse 8chan/voat.

I can't believe this came out of the mouth of a protoss player.

I have seriously never been so disgusted by a person in my life.
05/14/2019 09:10 AMPosted by Shonix
He fails to understand that resources are not only Mineral and Gas but Attention, Multitasking and EPM.

congrats, you are the first person to trigger me enough to take a break from the internet; and I casually browse 8chan/voat.

I have seriously never been so disgusted by a person in my life.

Thank You. This tells a lot.
05/14/2019 09:10 AMPosted by Shonix

Protoss posters on this board have for years talked out of both sides of their mouth when it came to upping the difficulty of certain things. The colossus is a lazy example.

This is standard has been for awhile when you start breaking down what many are outright asking for.