Undocumented difficulty increase?

Co-op Missions Discussion
Hard to say for sure, but it feels like Brutal's a fair bit tougher than before the patch. Might just be variance (been getting SkyTerran or ViperZerg almost every match), might just be the fact that the new commander hasn't released brokenly overpowered (been a long while since that's happened) so I've had to carry partners more, but AI units seem like they're stronger and attack waves are more frequent, numerous and aggressive. Has anyone else been having a similar experience?
We get threads like this every patch
Maybe you just got worse
You're not the only one to repeatedly get SkyTerran and Swarmy.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20771507064
05/21/2019 11:08 PMPosted by GhostWhoWalk
Hard to say for sure, but it feels like Brutal's a fair bit tougher than before the patch. Might just be variance (been getting SkyTerran or ViperZerg almost every match), might just be the fact that the new commander hasn't released brokenly overpowered (been a long while since that's happened) so I've had to carry partners more, but AI units seem like they're stronger and attack waves are more frequent, numerous and aggressive. Has anyone else been having a similar experience?

Or...The new commander is still leveling up and not at 15 with masteries.
What i noticed is skyterran yeah they seem to be a lot of skyterran.

Darktemplars in large group attacking unguarded region without detrction.

There are vipers even though I don’t feel them as threatening.

Luckily I don’t do Nova or else Skyterran will be a huge deal.
In all the games I played post-patch, every single one of them has involved SkyTerran, Zergling + Baneling, and DT + Phoenix. Without fail.

I was discussing this with some people the other day, and when they looked in the editor they found this little line of code:

https://i.imgur.com/wPT54dwh.jpg

Basically, if you look at the right of the image, you'll find a note describing what the problem is, in red text. So (un)fortunately, it's not us just having some massive coincidence of unlucky comps, but an error in the code determining what comp you get.

So to no one's surprise, they broke something in this update, which seems to be a recurring trend.

I always assumed I'd be afflicted by some composition bug after the Stetmann update sooner or later. It's just galling a piece of garbage like SkyTerran has to be the one.
05/22/2019 03:46 AMPosted by Xombie

Stetmann seems to be one of the more reliant on level up than many commanders, though not nearly as bad as karax or stukov.

Further, Stetmann seems to be VERY high skill ceiling and relatively high skill floor. He seems to be the opposite of Zeratul: Zeratul practically plays himself to the point that a murloc could play Zeratul, but aside from his cannons his power level is a bit underwhelming, while Stetmann may well be the new Abathur, but he does put a lot of demands on the player.
Thank you, iStorm and Spohky, for confirming I wasn't just imagining things. That was basically exactly the information I was looking for. For the rest of you...

We get threads like this every patch

Maybe I haven't just been on the forums in a while, but I certainly never got the impression that AI difficulty had changed with the Tychus or Zeratul patches, but that was partially due to how overpowered they were/are so I didn't get to participate as much in missions as I normally do. Since it's been a while since a commander released who wasn't game-breakingly strong, I was just looking for some corroboration from other players. On that note...

And I never said I had a problem with that. Even before this patch, I'd sometimes get matched with someone still leveling or low masteries and would need to carry them and that's perfectly fine. Same thing with players with low participation, less fine but still not a big issue. After the patch is when things felt different, with my units taking more casualties from fights than I'm used to. Which means...

Maybe you just got worse

Ah, of course! I'm sure that's what it was. Not like I had been running missions just the day before and somehow magically got worse overnight, that would be silly.
The enemy unit comps are bugged to only use some of the more difficult ones. Someone even found the bug in the code.
Skyterran, skyterran and more skyterran.

Something feels off. The most unlucky rolls of the dices ever.
05/22/2019 04:19 PMPosted by RMJ
Skyterran, skyterran and more skyterran.

Something feels off. The most unlucky rolls of the dices ever.

It's a bug, Terran is only doing Sky Terran, Zerg is only doing Swarm (Lings + abberations + vipers) and Toss is doing adepts, DT's, and lots and lots of sentry's.
Air favors Stetmanns, as his corruptors melts everything air in seconds. Or long range dps with Hydra. Gotten to lev 15 easy, cuz every map was the same AIR!!

Can't say that for Alarak ^ ^
Something else i noticed is the enemies will focus on your detector. Have been losing untold amount of havoc and overseer lately. I have never had to build more than 6 of havocs but these days got to queue them like 20.
05/22/2019 09:29 AMPosted by WireBender
05/22/2019 03:46 AMPosted by Xombie

Stetmann seems to be one of the more reliant on level up than many commanders, though not nearly as bad as karax or stukov.

Further, Stetmann seems to be VERY high skill ceiling and relatively high skill floor. He seems to be the opposite of Zeratul: Zeratul practically plays himself to the point that a murloc could play Zeratul, but aside from his cannons his power level is a bit underwhelming, while Stetmann may well be the new Abathur, but he does put a lot of demands on the player.

Spamming infestor roaches under a purple power pylon spreads an infinite wave of death countering ground and air after adding in ravagers. That doesn't sound easy at all.

As far as comps go yeah I am ready for the monotony to end. But at least the bug doesn't crash the game or trigger early attack wave like evac did when Zeratul came out.
I like the raised Brutal. Even if it is harder.
05/25/2019 08:05 AMPosted by Gungnir
I like the raised Brutal. Even if it is harder.

Hahaha honestly, if it was a general difficulty increase I wouldn't mind so much, I'm just sick of fighting SkyTerran and SwarmyZerg all the time.