Stetman's forces need more strength:

Co-op Missions Discussion
I think they've done a great job at making this co op commander. Blizzard just needs to make a few adjustments, making the units not die off as easily and give them more strength.

My units are dropping like flies, and I can't seem to dominate the map like I did with the other commanders. Maybe I just haven't adapted to the using this commander, and need to use the right balance of units.

-We need more benefits from Stetman's abilities, like the stetalites, and to show significant improvements. Example: the workers working much faster, and the allies workers working faster. And an icon that shows they are working faster. And with the j.u.i.c.e., the upgrades and units producing faster or something.
he's really weak. People are defending him behind "skill" but he is just a worse version of Kerrigan.
"I don't know how to play a commander optimally therefore it's bad: the thread."
Just... give it some time, at least. Both you, and the players talking about how mass Infestor is absurdly powerful, haven't had time yet to fully get to grips with Stetmann. I think my camp is much more right than your camp but ideally we all just hold off on the sweeping claims for a bit.
05/25/2019 03:13 PMPosted by Dereck
he's really weak. People are defending him behind "skill" but he is just a worse version of Kerrigan.

His zerglings are not cracklings with armor destruction, but they are extremely tanky vs mech comps, his level 13 upgrade effectively doubles the ammount of lings and banes he can make. Oh, did i mention that his banes can jump? His Hydras, if used correctly, can decimate enemy air comps in a much better fashion than kerrigan's. Also, Super Gary is an amazing hero with the 6 Balls in your face consistently.

Kerri is offense, though. All the people analyzing this dude say he's primarily a support, and it sounds like he can do crazy support stuff all over the map.

The high-skill players need lovin' too. I love Starcraft, but I am just not micro-material; so they made Tychus and Zeratul for guys like me. If the pros need a commander that makes them use their noggin' to get the most out of it -- and since they're happy about this -- then why not?
Cry thread, zipping around the map with supergarry and an unkillable zergarmy feels more like I’m playing Tychus then any Zerg. Sounds to me like you’re playing an unmastered Stettman off creep and probably no Garry support either lmfao
Having just started leveling him, I find his playstyle has a lot in common with Zagara and bio!Stukov or Raynor: mass a large horde of cheap units, send them crashing against the enemy, then build another horde with your strong economy and attack again. Speed aura from the satellites gives you a crazy income, with 4 or 5 Hatcheries you can pump out large numbers of Zerglings (more durable than they appear with the shield upgrade) and Hydralisks (crazy-good anti-air) over and over again. While I can't say I've had very competitive kill-counts in any of my matches yet, I still feel like I make a good contribution (especially with the speed aura boosting my ally's economy) and things will certainly get better once Stetmann hits 15.

If you're having a hard time, consider that maybe you're too used to the micro-heavy playstyles of the last few commanders released and other hero commanders. Change up your expectations and you might find better results.
05/25/2019 06:36 PMPosted by Serenicus
Kerri is offense, though. All the people analyzing this dude say he's primarily a support, and it sounds like he can do crazy support stuff all over the map.

The high-skill players need lovin' too.

1) Kerrigan provides more value than Gary
2) Kerrigan's army is stronger than Stm's
3) Stm has the field for support, but Kerrigan has Worms.
4) Most of Kerrigan's army can be A-moved, Stm needs to micro-manage things individually.

If you put the same amount of effort and skill in Kerrigan than you'd put to play Stm optimally, you'd probably clear the map a lot faster with her.

So, if a commander requires MORE effort to accomplish WORSE results, then comparatively, that commander is bad.
6 infestors are enough for all non-mutation brutal games.
05/25/2019 11:27 PMPosted by Dereck
05/25/2019 06:36 PMPosted by Serenicus

The high-skill players need lovin' too.

1) Kerrigan provides more value than Gary
2) Kerrigan's army is stronger than Stm's
3) Stm has the field for support, but Kerrigan has Worms.
4) Most of Kerrigan's army can be A-moved, Stm needs to micro-manage things individually.

If you put the same amount of effort and skill in Kerrigan than you'd put to play Stm optimally, you'd probably clear the map a lot faster with her.

So, if a commander requires MORE effort to accomplish WORSE results, then comparatively, that commander is bad.

To be honest, I don't have much perspective on this. I really like Terran Medics so I did my best to learn Raynor, but he requires a lot of practice and concentration. My friends suggested I try Tychus because he has a super-medic, and though a lot of people don't like her, I've grown quite fond of Tych as a commander. He's the one I usually use.

In Stet's case, I've seen people use him very effectively, but there doesn't seem to be agreement on the boards. Some people like him, some people don't. He personally doesn't seem like my cup of tea, but I am sure once the dust settles you guys will sort it out.
05/25/2019 03:08 PMPosted by uiorpo
Example: the workers working much faster, and the allies workers working faster.

Does a giant blue circle overcasting your worker line not show you they are working faster? Or the fast that when they have the movement buff, your precision to select your worker have to be that much better not a good enough indicator?

05/25/2019 03:08 PMPosted by uiorpo
And with the j.u.i.c.e., the upgrades and units producing faster or something.

This regenerates energy, why would it also increase production? So should the healing buff also heal shields and increase armor while we're at it?

You are asking for things that would put the not-yet-optimized commander into further imbalance. If you are having trouble sustaining your army, try to use your healing buff more often WITH overcharge.
Even if you are just going for a flimsy basic army like pure mass Hydralisks I dont see how you can be having problems so long as you arent just standing in dodge able AoE, using the healing satellites, and putting those overcharges to use. Not to mention that you get a free Hydralisks every time like 3 or 4 of them die.
05/25/2019 11:32 PMPosted by Serenicus
Some people like him, some people don't.

I love his design (he does play a lot like hybrid of Kerrigan + Swann) and his skins; I just think he's weak.

Satellites should either be cloaked, or invulnerable, or have high HP and range but with a cost, or something.
Units shouldn't be trash outside of satellite zone. They should just be very powerful inside the satellite zones and viable outside of them.
05/25/2019 11:38 PMPosted by NitrousOxide
I dont see how you can be having problems

one viking is all it takes to literally wipe the satellite field. And then your 200 pop army just vanishes without satellites.

And that's not even counting when you are on the offense and you have to push into zones where you don't have satellites yet.
05/25/2019 11:40 PMPosted by Dereck
05/25/2019 11:32 PMPosted by Serenicus
Some people like him, some people don't.

I love his design (he does play a lot like hybrid of Kerrigan + Swann) and his skins; I just think he's weak.

Satellites should either be cloaked, or invulnerable, or have high HP and range but with a cost, or something.
Units shouldn't be trash outside of satellite zone. They should just be very powerful inside the satellite zones and viable outside of them.

Hopefully they'll fix some of the concerns via patching.
05/25/2019 11:43 PMPosted by Dereck
05/25/2019 11:38 PMPosted by NitrousOxide
I dont see how you can be having problems

one viking is all it takes to literally wipe the satellite field. And then your 200 pop army just vanishes without satellites.

And that's not even counting when you are on the offense and you have to push into zones where you don't have satellites yet.

You probably aren't a high enough level on him to get all of his useful upgrades, or aren't even upgrading in the first place. It's REALLY not that hard to push into places outside of Stetzones, you just need to have a good number of Zerglings.

If I were to change anything about his units, it would be the Lings' HP from 35 to 50. 35 is much too low for the early game, until you research the Ling shield.
05/26/2019 07:56 AMPosted by Sprite
35 is much too low for the early game, until you research the Ling shield.

Less health actually benefits the lings more, as they would still take up to 10% of their health in damage, but less health means they can survive longer when in the green energy field as the health regeneration is set.
His infestors are OP, but everything else is lackluster for their cost.

kerrigan is bad? mass muta is most op coop build. can kill literally anything if there aren't viper/science/thors around.