Stetman's forces need more strength:

Co-op Missions Discussion
the fact that his hydralisks can not recharge their good attack on level 1 is kind of bad. maybe they should give him the automated extractor as none of the zerg commanders have that. they can make that unlock on level 2 and make the ability to regenerate energy available from the start.
05/27/2019 06:32 AMPosted by andreasasp
the fact that his hydralisks can not recharge their good attack on level 1 is kind of bad. maybe they should give him the automated extractor as none of the zerg commanders have that. they can make that unlock on level 2 and make the ability to regenerate energy available from the start.

You're at level 1 for one match. No need to change anything imho.
05/27/2019 03:33 AMPosted by SCakewalk
His infestors are OP, but everything else is lackluster for their cost.
Infestors aside, isn't that the point of his gameplay? Gary picking up scraps and rebuilding units?
Honestly, if they nerf his infestors, I would never play him again. It's the only fun thing about him.
05/25/2019 03:13 PMPosted by Dereck
he's really weak. People are defending him behind "skill" but he is just a worse version of Kerrigan.

Actually, if you look at his units, he seems a much better version of Kerrigan. Also, not accurate comparison, but let’s roll with it.

Lings: stetmann’s lings have a high enough attack speed with egonergy to match kerrigan’s lings for dps without upgrades. With upgrades it goes in favor of stetmann. Further, Kerrigan’s lings are usually bad because too many things in co-op one shot them. Stetmann has hardened shields. So basically stet’s lings have the best survivablility and dps of any ling.

Banes: Zagara has an upgrade to make banelings do double damage to the primary target. Stetmann’s banes do double damage to ALL targets, assuming full egonergy. And any bane that doesn’t have any egonergy for Stetmann is equivalent to 4 banes that would have hit nothing for Zagara without the damage ablation.

Hydras: ok, his hydras are basically watered down Goliaths, not a chance of outperforming kerrigan’s hydras, though they are much better at not dying to liberators with their 9 AA range.

Corruptors: No point comparing them to Zagara’s corruptors, her’s aren’t very good. Maybe we should compare stetmann’s massive AoE corruptor to Abathur’s devourers? Zeratul’s immortal perhaps? An instant 100 damage in a very large area, for every corruptor. Stet’s Corruptors are probably the best AA unit in the game.

Brood Lords: are WAY too energy inefficient. But they see more use than kerrigan’s Brood Lords, so that has to count for something.

Ultralisks: Have a very strong stun. And percent damage reduction. Depending on enemy comp, they are either better or worse than kerrigan’s ultras. They just aren’t as good for people who blindly make ultras without thinking.

Infestors: 1 infestor is significantly better than 1 stukov bunker. And it walks around fast. And it’s 2 supply instead of 4, or 6 actually.
I'm starting to feel like Stetellites should just be invulnerable and non-targetable, both to stop the weirdness of them constantly going down in waves and let us spread them to attack.

Assaulting bases as Stetmann, at least pre-Super Gary, feels awful since the army rarely if ever gets to benefit from the satellites: and many of his units are fragile as-is.

It's also annoying to constantly spread them when you need to clear enemy bases to do so.
Something they could consider, an upgrade that allows newly deployed steterlites to be invincible for 10 seconds, so that you still need to spread the "creeps", but at least you can get something during combats.

Also, for sat CD, I'd prefer sat range increase, just like how dark pylons behave.
I'd agree with the fact that stetmann's unit feel weak but i've notice that's only if your units not in his steterlites field. But how i've gone about playing him is actually similarly to Karax because of that movement speed boost in the steterlites field you have the ability to respawned to attack quickly.
05/27/2019 09:36 AMPosted by SCakewalk
Something they could consider, an upgrade that allows newly deployed steterlites to be invincible for 10 seconds, so that you still need to spread the "creeps", but at least you can get something during combats.

Also, for sat CD, I'd prefer sat range increase, just like how dark pylons behave.

That’d make pushing as him feel much better, and make the satellite macro smoother.
05/26/2019 07:56 AMPosted by Sprite
If I were to change anything about his units, it would be the Lings' HP from 35 to 50. 35 is much too low for the early game, until you research the Ling shield.

One of Stetmann's strengths is how super fast he can saturate and tech up. You can have a lair and ling shields ready before the first attack wave and on some maps you can even build infestors before moving out. On maps without rocks I get a hive before capturing the expansion, just because I can.
Theoretically, he could even break his rocks like abathur using instantly built spine crawlers which require no creep. His game start feels as quick and full of options as Fenix'.

Really, there is no need to ever fight a single enemy without that shield so this is not an issue at all. Even on a slow start it's usually done before hero units show up and that is more than good enough considering how powerful the healzone is in early game.
05/27/2019 08:27 AMPosted by WireBender
They just aren’t as good for people who blindly make ultras without thinking

I think this applies to most, or even all, of Stetmann's units. People are just pumping out random units, throwing them at an enemy, then complaining they're weak. Have those complaining not tried upgraded ling + upgraded hydra vs the current air comps? You can practically F2A vs terran air since the hydras wreck them - as long as you're using Stetzones to recharge them at least some of the time. See Hunter doing it: https://youtu.be/Ac0s8NRYcgs
He is weak cuz his satellite takes too much effort to creep map after map.
If we can get bigger radius, then he is OP. =)

Also give his spore/spine crawlers some regen. You can literally use them inplace of units with how fast they build & move with Stet-Zone.
Hold my Terrazine.
if the fields were bigger in size, actually stayed up in a battle, and if we could spread them into an area we want to go like say a point/objective were supposed to take (without the satellites being blown up) i think that would ( like others have said) make a big difference in the builds and strengths/weakness of him right now.

I myself kinda hate it but i'll admit the infestor/roach build is just easier to push than trying to build an army and micro satellites on the field as they are now. It's a shame because without the satellite buffs or the regen from them to power the mech-zerg skills he sorta feels like a standard zerg race with nothing special.

The satellites really are a core of what he is and a crutch: with it he's good and without he's limited/lackluster

** also some have mentioned it but it would be nice to see regen on his def building like spine crawlers and things. you would think for a zerg/meck hybrid he would have nano-healing bots on everything so building don't catch on fire and burn down. I would not even mind a tier 1 research on that if they would give us it
I don't think comparing him to any offensive commander is fair. That's like comparing Karax to Fenix, or Swann to Tychus.

A good Stetmann provides lots of advantages for his partner, to the point where he might actually beat out Karax for support with some commanders in my opinion.

So yeah, he'll never be the best at early pushing, or late game armies. There won't even be that many times where you match the kill count.

BUT the fact that he has a half decent army at any point in the game makes him better than Karax for offence unless the game goes really long, better than Swann too unless the Swann is amazing at microing the Tank drop. In the end it's the same question as Karax et al, how much does he help his partner in a game called co-op?
05/27/2019 09:36 AMPosted by SCakewalk

That's why you use overcharge.
05/27/2019 01:53 PMPosted by Caffeine

I think this applies to most, or even all, of Stetmann's units. People are just pumping out random units, throwing them at an enemy, then complaining they're weak. Have those complaining not tried upgraded ling + upgraded hydra vs the current air comps? You can practically F2A vs terran air since the hydras wreck them - as long as you're using Stetzones to recharge them at least some of the time. See Hunter doing it: https://youtu.be/Ac0s8NRYcgs

Oh yeah, hydra/ling/bane can easily match any other commander. Significantly outperform if you do it well. But his advanced units are really the broken ones on longer maps. The corruptors are just scary.
05/27/2019 01:53 PMPosted by Caffeine

Agree to this.
Units' unique upgrades + stetellites spread + keep switching the right stetellite mode at the right time is what makes them strong.
Plus occasional support from gary when facing big waves or pushing bases.
F2A hydra-ling helps in focusing the APM to those tasks.
Would not want to fall behind in any of those or the commander will get weaker with each.
There is those few bugs, like how Ultras douse not drop scrap,

But I wouldn't call it him being weak, and more him having a game breaking bug.
I'd be willing to believe this (before, I was neutral, not having played him before). However, a Stetmann player (a good one at that) REALLY did a lot to carry me in last week's Brutation (Fall Heroes IIRC, I was Karax), so I'm not so skeptical now.