Carrying Stetmans this week has been rough

Co-op Missions Discussion
Y'all are heavy. No wonder half of them leave in the first minute.

But when people have left I've tried to play him and is there an option to just use larva to attack instead of zerglings? I swear they'd live longer and do more damage.
If only he had units other than zerglings.
Regardless of the nature of the post, it is true that if Stetmann leaves early game, he become almost useless, since you can't spread "creep" or change it's type. No matter what unit composition you use, it always heavily depends on stetellites.
05/26/2019 11:17 PMPosted by AuReaper
Regardless of the nature of the post, it is true that if Stetmann leaves early game, he become almost useless, since you can't spread "creep" or change it's type. No matter what unit composition you use, it always heavily depends on stetellites.

Now that I think about it you can’t go mass festors, or Air, as both need purple field, and I don’t think you can change field if ally leaves.

I will also say, that stetman is capable of carrying you, (I did it a few times), he does have some power to him, if you can micro 2 or 3 things, while macoring
Void rays against vipers - that's exactly what team liquid guide recommended. Strange it didn't work.
To me happened the contrary, I got 4 people that left as the game started when i was leveling my Stetmann, maybe because they are used to get carried every single game
05/27/2019 01:30 AMPosted by AuReaper
Void rays against vipers - that's exactly what team liquid guide recommended. Strange it didn't work.

in pvp no one has pure voids that are completely stacked. lol @ thinking coop is same as pvp. but maybe u can teach me how to pick out the viper'd void fast.
05/26/2019 11:57 PMPosted by ChadThunderc
lmfao ur noob af. i ez carried 30+ stetman already.

Video proof or hot air?
In my experience with "random" Stetmann players, there are 3 types. And I say these from a solo-able with all commander perspective myself:

1) Mass roach/ravager and lag the bejeesus out of the game. Actual contribution varies from adequate to poor. I say this because if you are doing your own work, by the time they get enough Mecha Infestors the game is already near victory status.

2) Poorly knowledge on his basic mechanism in terms of when to use Overcharge. I didn't include 1) with this because the mass amount of units can often make up for the lack of use of Overcharge. These fellows are just gimped all game and contributes less than adequate.

3) The rare type who actually use other units and does a decent job. Obviously there are some that does this but not as good but at least there's not as much lag.
This happens with virtually every commander upon release. Use it as your rare opportunity to flex underutilized commanders without braindead tychus and zeratul partners every other game. The power levels of recent commanders have been so depressingly high that older commanders like Swann and Karax rarely get a chance to shine before the game is over; this is our time!
The only issue I've been running into is constantly getting paired on Hard when I'm queing for Brutal. I almost wish more of them would level on Brutal so I wasn't constantly leaving on them since I can't stand the mindnumbingly slow gameplay.

Carrying Stetman isn't any harder than carrying any other commander. I'd argue the increased resource production from his Blue field is up there with Swann's gas drones, Karax's repair beam/Chrono boost, and even Assimilation Aura from Kerri.
I guess you didn't consider using dt+corsair combo instead...

05/27/2019 05:22 AMPosted by ChadThunderc
05/27/2019 01:30 AMPosted by AuReaper

in pvp no one has pure voids that are completely stacked. lol @ thinking coop is same as pvp. but maybe u can teach me how to pick out the viper'd void fast.
05/27/2019 06:54 AMPosted by FearrWhalins
by the time they get enough Mecha Infestors the game is already near victory status.

lol if they're anywhere decent in macro, that could never happen. Just a couple of infestors could already push into bases, not to mention the mass lings they can make from their mineral.
05/27/2019 11:45 AMPosted by llllllllllll

lol if they're anywhere decent in macro, that could never happen. Just a couple of infestors could already push into bases, not to mention the mass lings they can make from their mineral.

This.
You spawn out a couple of infestors, and work from there.
I usually let Super Gary hold of early and save up for four and the ravager upgrade.
And you honestly don't need any more after 8.
After that you can cycle between "spawn ravagers" + "deploy new stetelites" + "alt move everything but the infestors". No down time.

Just keep your mini squad of 8 infestors around a secluded stetelite and they'll provide all the army you ever need.
Eh, Stetmann isn't bad, he's good support and he's starting to get some pretty strong strategies planned out. (one of them is so strong it not only wins games, but wins against the players' computers!)

The thing is, people got so used to Tychus and Zeratul being the new commanders, where even poor playing at level 1 would have some value in brutal.

Playing with a Stetmann isn't all that far off from when H&H were the new flavour. They definitely needed time to settle before players got good with them.
05/27/2019 06:54 AMPosted by FearrWhalins
1) Mass roach/ravager and lag the bejeesus out of the game. Actual contribution varies from adequate to poor. I say this because if you are doing your own work, by the time they get enough Mecha Infestors the game is already near victory status.

Really? With infestors you can clear all of Mist Opportunities and camp every spawn.