New reporting option/s

Co-op Missions Discussion
I don't know that I'm the only one (I genuinely suspect not), but the last 2-3 weeks have seen an increase in unhelpful co-op partners. Not specifically griefers (though they show up as well) or leavers, but people who just seem to be just active enough as to prevent them from being dropped and little more.

Now, I know, "git gud" and all that - most (all?) commanders can solo Brutal, especially without mutations. But when you're expecting someone else to participate and not wanting to step on too many toes (it's "co-op" mode, after all) it ultimately makes things a lot harder than they need to be, more time consuming, and far more frustrating.

Problem is, there's no feature provided to deal with such players. Sure you can report for cheating, bad names and/or bad language, but there's nothing at all for "Griefing" or "Non-participation". All you can do is hope the ignore feature also prevents (or at least restricts) the chances of being matched with them again.

To wit, I would like to see at least one of the two (if not both) quoted options added to the reporting list. These options would not only bring certain repeat offenders to Blizzard's attention but also entirely prevent you from being grouped with them again.

Games are meant to be fun. We shouldn't have to deal with people who just want to suck all the fun out of it.
I have literally no idea what you're talking about and I play way too much of this game.
Only communist report other players in a game.
I was saying that many times but every time I was downvoted hard. Well, lets do it again.
We don't need reporting. We only need a ladder system in co-op to separate grains from ryegrass. So worthy players would only play with each other with no frustration, no carriage, no need to tell a noob how to play Starcraft, no thinking of how to report. Just wins and pleasure, we bought this game and spent years in it, we deserve a comfortable experience. And let noobs flounder in their dirt with each other, searching in vain on and on if one will carry the other and losing again and again. This will be a funny show how two stupid leaches will try to make each other carry the game. This way noobs will soon stop attempts of launching brutal and begin playing easy, where their place is truly is.

P.S. I often watch noobs' stats after games and never I see they finished campaigns on brutal. Its always easy, normal or even empty. If they can't win pretty same maps in single brutal, so WHY they launch them on brutal in co-op?
05/19/2019 01:06 AMPosted by NitrousOxide
Only communist report other players in a game.

Is this a reverse Godwin point ?
Age old issue yet to be resolved - match making. OP put it very well, in a polite and objective perspective.
If you think some occasional bad player is sucking fun out of the game for you, wait until other people get to report you for something as vague as "griefing" or "non-participation".

Do you like your account and money spent on it? It would be a shame if you lost them because someone that didn't like you thought you "played badly".

Luckily, it doesn't look like Blizzard will add anything like that to SC2, because that would require putting more resources into people checking those reports. And they don't seem to be willing to do that.
iStorm, exactly. Having operators who read reports non-stop takes too much effort. Much easier is adding a system ONCE that simply doesn't allow a noob to be put in one game with a real player.
05/20/2019 09:29 PMPosted by Pluton
iStorm, exactly. Having operators who read reports non-stop takes too much effort. Much easier is adding a system ONCE that simply doesn't allow a noob to be put in one game with a real player.
Yes, I think that would be preferable, but I don't think Blizzard is willing to spend the resources for that either. Might be also why leaderboards are still nowhere in sight - adding them without some change to the matchmaker would be a disaster.

Unfortunately, noobs playing with eachother would still complain about eachother, so I don't think it would actually fix much. :P
Make no mistake, I'm in no way attempting to chastise people who simply don't know what they're doing. Everyone was new once, and if you keep imposing further and further restrictions on them simply for being new than you're going to reach a situation where they simply cannot improve whether they want to or not by virtue of having no-one to learn from.

But there's a marked difference between "I don't know what I'm doing" and "Meh, they can do it". One of those two types actually puts in effort and is, at least in my eyes, a welcome addition not just to a game but to its community. The other is neither of those. If you're unsure which is which, I don't envy you or those you burden with your presence.

Can a concerted effort perhaps be used to abuse such a system? Absolutely. Especially if it's automated. But this is StarCraft - there's a lot of data available at the end of any given game which can be used, even automatically, to weed out the actual reports from those who should know better. The report has to happen after a match, after all, at which point it's quite visible even to a machine who was actually participating/team-killing/etc and who wasn't, even with the polar opposite playstyles of, say, Tychus and Karax.

Arguably it would be substantially harder to "game" such a system than it would the existing reporting facilities for names and language.

If nothing else, a visible option to prevent grouping with particular individuals is needed, simply because people can always be expected to be people and some of them take an unusually great amount of satisfaction from failure. Ignoring communication may well already do this, but if it does than it's not well articulated.
Being bad is not, nor should it ever be, a reportable offense. You don't like your partners? Too bad. Get a friend to play with if you don't want to roll the dice there.
I kinda like meeting players who just sit on base every so & then.
Brings variety. Makes its more challenging too, tests your ability to adept ^ ^
If there is a cheap way to do what you suggested Blizzard probably would have made that.

Automated systems are prone to fail like how youtube and facebook these days are while manually dealing with all of the reports are too costly in term of manpower, time, effort and money which they have just fired a horde of people last several months.