So Stetman is Zerg

Co-op Missions Discussion
Which means...Mist Opportunities was a mission with a zerg announcer all along?
Stetmann the character is still Terran (so the announcer is too).

Stetmann the commander is Zerg.

It might be difficult for some people to view it that way, but I've taken enough quantum mechanics classes for such a superposition to make sense to me.
05/27/2019 01:24 PMPosted by Moraeth
Stetmann the character is still Terran (so the announcer is too).

Stetmann the commander is Zerg.

It might be difficult for some people to view it that way, but I've taken enough quantum mechanics classes for such a superposition to make sense to me.

Well... if you look the commander model, now he have a device in his head, that seems to pump Terrazine to his brain (maybe with that he control the Simulants?). And look like that device is implanted inside his head, making him a cyborg, since now that thing is part of his body, if the technology used is the same used for the Simulant (and it's very likely), this make Stetmann a cyborg made with Simulant parts (I don't know the exact word to definy the mechanical part of a cyborg), so, Stetmann can be considered a Zerg technically (well... the Simulant are Zergs, so if he is a cyborg with the mechanical parts of Simulant, this make him a some kinda of Simulant, so a Zerg, technically).
It's a really controversial this thing, and of corse, this is just my speculation, can be wrong. But it's cool think to Stetmann as a cyborg-Simulant.

Btw, Stetmann before the release as a commander, had a different portrait, where he have totally brown hair and beard (now are a bit greyish), and shorter hair and beard, and without that device. I don't know if Stetmann wil use that old portrait if no one take Stetmann as commander, but if it use, well... during that time he was Terran without any doubt, since he still don't have the device in the head (that is the only possible thing that can make him a some sort of Simulant-cyborg)
This is what happens when these lowlife terazine dealers are not driven from our community. Impressionable young scientists drop out of their Biology PhD programs, start doing drugs, and end up making a satellite named Gary because they have nobody else left to talk to.

...then the mechanical Zerglings come. Bejezus, the mechanical Zerglings.

This terazine epidemic is an existential threat, and must be treated as such. Even one Stetmann is one too many. It's true.
There's other Terran characters who could be considered cyborgs that are still considered Terran. Swann and Warfield come to mind, but even Nova (and I think most other ghosts) has a neural implant.

I think the way they determine what 'race' a commander is depends more on the 'minds' of their units. Fenix army is all AI but considered Protoss because it's AI based on and imitating Protoss. Swann army is all mech, but piloted by Terrans so Terran army. Stetmann's units are presumably also AI, but AI based on Zerg hence the Zerg faction even though they're led by a Terran (Brood War had Zerg factions led by UED anyway so Zerg factions led by Terrans isn't anything new).
Dont do terrazine, kids.
You’ll confuse people in categorizing your race.
Anyone trying to have a serious discussion in this thread needs to go outside and talk to another human being.
05/27/2019 01:46 PMPosted by ixzyquinn
Dont do terrazine, kids.
You’ll confuse people in categorizing your race.

Stetmann: "My friends, zerglings are clearly the evolution of Protoss zealots. Or is that devolution? Or maybe Mama Protoss drank Psi-key Blue Label while pregnant? Excuse me, I need more terazine, the colorful swirlies are losing their flavor."
05/27/2019 01:42 PMPosted by Moraeth
There's other Terran characters who could be considered cyborgs that are still considered Terran. Swann and Warfield come to mind, but even Nova (and I think most other ghosts) has a neural implant.

I think the way they determine what 'race' a commander is depends more on the 'minds' of their units. Fenix army is all AI but considered Protoss because it's AI based on and imitating Protoss. Swann army is all mech, but piloted by Terrans so Terran army. Stetmann's units are presumably also AI, but AI based on Zerg hence the Zerg faction even though they're led by a Terran (Brood War had Zerg factions led by UED anyway so Zerg factions led by Terrans isn't anything new).

I'm not saying all cyborgs=Zergs.
Warfield and Swann are without doubt cyborgs and Terran.
I mean that Stetmann is a cyborg, but the technology used is likely the same used for Simulants. Since probably part of his body is made with the same Simulant Zerg (that are in fact Zergs), that mean that Setmann have part of his body of the same thing that made this Zergs, so in a controversial way, he can be considered a Simulant cyborg, so for some extensions, Zerg.
I’d still call stetman Terran, for the same reason why I’d call Stukov zerg, who the army is loyal to, Stetman is probably loyal to Raynor, unless he is really salty about being left on Belshir, while Stukov is working with Kerri, and by default the greater swarm, hence his army working being zerg. But then again acording to scyth of Amon stetman has zerg orbital support, so maybe it was the swarm that picked him up from Belshir. In which case he’s indebeted to the swarm for saving him from his isolation, and thus flys thier colors, maybe in hopes to be ignored and not infested.
05/27/2019 02:01 PMPosted by Shining
I’d still call stetman Terran, for the same reason why I’d call Stukov zerg, who the army is loyal to, Stetman is probably loyal to Raynor, unless he is really salty about being left on Belshir, while Stukov is working with Kerri, and by default the greater swarm, hence his army working being zerg. But then again acording to scyth of Amon stetman has zerg orbital support, so maybe it was the swarm that picked him up from Belshir. In which case he’s indebeted to the swarm for saving him from his isolation, and thus flys thier colors, maybe in hopes to be ignored and not infested.

I too thinked he was picked by Kerrigan between the LotV events and the Epilogue events.
Btw, I doubt he is with Raynor, since Stetmann don't have an adjutant for his advise, but Stetmann itself his is own advisor (and since Stetmann is his own advisor, this increase the chance to have Izsha as a commander in future)
The description is that he was stranded on a planet or something and "made friends" to protect his home. Which implied he captured "Zerg stuff" (presumably cut off from Kerrigan and friends, though not necessarily since he can make a psi disruptor from his junk) and cyborgized them all using all the knowledge he gained while working for Raynor before he became a wreck post-Kerrigan and probably disbanded Raynor's Raiders or whoever.

In essence, he's Tarzan. He commands an army of animals and those animals are what you use to fight a greedy capitalist bent on controlling the world.
05/27/2019 02:43 PMPosted by rasmasyean
The description is that he was stranded on a planet or something and "made friends" to protect his home. Which implied he captured "Zerg stuff" (presumably cut off from Kerrigan and friends, though not necessarily since he can make a psi disruptor from his junk) and cyborgized them all using all the knowledge he gained while working for Raynor before he became a wreck post-Kerrigan and probably disbanded Raynor's Raiders or whoever.

In essence, he's Tarzan. He commands an army of animals and those animals are what you use to fight a greedy capitalist bent on controlling the world.

his units are totally robotics, even if you read the Simulant skins description. I suspect that Stetmann see the Simulant project when Raynor was allied with the Umojans before HotS or in the begin of HotS (since Simulants from Heroes of the Storm, was said to be Umojan tech), and later during the events of LotV he recreated the Simulants using what he saw in Umojans labs.

I think he may be a mad scientist, to be honest, with a brood of unnatural-but-adorable Stetenstein monsters.
05/27/2019 03:03 PMPosted by Zarxiel
05/27/2019 02:43 PMPosted by rasmasyean

his units are totally robotics, even if you read the Simulant skins description. I suspect that Stetmann see the Simulant project when Raynor was allied with the Umojans before HotS or in the begin of HotS (since Simulants from Heroes of the Storm, was said to be Umojan tech), and later during the events of LotV he recreated the Simulants using what he saw in Umojans labs.

Oh really? I though that yellow stuff common among all the units was liquid or "bio gas" similar what leaks out of Stukov. lol
Are we still discussing Stetmann and Stukov's races ??
When is clear as day which race they are before and after a coop match ?? :D
05/27/2019 04:56 PMPosted by VNCrazyCat

We've managed to conclude that Ariel Hanson is Protoss.
05/27/2019 05:07 PMPosted by Serenicus

A space wizzard?

In this case I think we are discussing about Stetmann's character race. As commander he is Zerg.
05/28/2019 12:13 AMPosted by Alex
<span class="truncated">...</span>

A space wizzard?

Ariel Hanson and the Terror Armada? It's a splendid sequel to Ariel Hanson and the Happy Zergling.