So Stetman is Zerg

Co-op Missions Discussion
Whats scarier than zerg?

Gray Goo. Those simulants have GOT to be completely made out of nanites. Nanites INFUSED with terrazine.
We do have that comment from Stetmann where he made a hybrid. Then Gary ate it.

Probably a good thing Stetmann is too crazy to take over the world.
05/28/2019 03:43 PMPosted by RickRumble
We do have that comment from Stetmann where he made a hybrid. Then Gary ate it.

Probably a good thing Stetmann is too crazy to take over the world.

Stetmann may be too crazy to take over the world, but Gary sure as heck isn't.

I have this theory that what we THINK is Stetmann is actually a puppet controlled by Gary to ensure Gary's immortality and galactic domination.

Narud was an amateur. Amon, a run-of-the-mill villain wannabee. Gary is the real threat. And we'll hear from him soon.
05/27/2019 01:46 PMPosted by ixzyquinn
Dont do terrazine, kids.
You’ll confuse people in categorizing your race.
Too late. We're clearly cats :)
If you look at it from a technical perspective his mecha zerg are mechanical constructs made to emulate zerg bioforms so they're not legitimate zerg. Those mechanical units are not equipped with plasma shields and are not warped in so they are not protoss units as well. So he is technically running a terran mech army that are zerg ripoffs.

If you look at it from a gameplay perspective then he is a zerg commander.
You call them ripoffs, but they dance just as good as the real thing.
05/27/2019 03:03 PMPosted by Zarxiel
05/27/2019 02:43 PMPosted by rasmasyean
The description is that he was stranded on a planet or something and "made friends" to protect his home. Which implied he captured "Zerg stuff" (presumably cut off from Kerrigan and friends, though not necessarily since he can make a psi disruptor from his junk) and cyborgized them all using all the knowledge he gained while working for Raynor before he became a wreck post-Kerrigan and probably disbanded Raynor's Raiders or whoever.

In essence, he's Tarzan. He commands an army of animals and those animals are what you use to fight a greedy capitalist bent on controlling the world.

his units are totally robotics, even if you read the Simulant skins description. I suspect that Stetmann see the Simulant project when Raynor was allied with the Umojans before HotS or in the begin of HotS (since Simulants from Heroes of the Storm, was said to be Umojan tech), and later during the events of LotV he recreated the Simulants using what he saw in Umojans labs.

It's a bit nebulous, in Heroes of the Storm that's an alternate timeline where Kerrigan is 100% uninfested by the Keystone, and it's unclear whether those are true "Simulants" or not. The facility in the Umoja arc,Research Station EB-103, was researching ways to advance raven AI, so them also being part of the Simulant Project is still a possibility.

But I will say who runs the Simulants was never confirmed, and Umoja usually veers more toward rational science than throwing away scientists like in Project Simulant. I veer more toward the Dominion but again, it's not confirmed. We do know that Stetmann's Mecha Zerg aren't THE Simulants themselves though since he says he built them himself. But a lot is nebulous in Co-op anyway given its non-canon nature.
05/28/2019 06:36 PMPosted by Koetetsu
If you look at it from a technical perspective his mecha zerg are mechanical constructs made to emulate zerg bioforms so they're not legitimate zerg. Those mechanical units are not equipped with plasma shields and are not warped in so they are not protoss units as well. So he is technically running a terran mech army that are zerg ripoffs.

Simulants are Zergs, even if created with Terran techs, they are totally Zerg.

05/28/2019 07:27 PMPosted by Subsourian
05/27/2019 03:03 PMPosted by Zarxiel

his units are totally robotics, even if you read the Simulant skins description. I suspect that Stetmann see the Simulant project when Raynor was allied with the Umojans before HotS or in the begin of HotS (since Simulants from Heroes of the Storm, was said to be Umojan tech), and later during the events of LotV he recreated the Simulants using what he saw in Umojans labs.

It's a bit nebulous, in Heroes of the Storm that's an alternate timeline where Kerrigan is 100% uninfested by the Keystone, and it's unclear whether those are true "Simulants" or not. The facility in the Umoja arc,Research Station EB-103, was researching ways to advance raven AI, so them also being part of the Simulant Project is still a possibility.

But I will say who runs the Simulants was never confirmed, and Umoja usually veers more toward rational science than throwing away scientists like in Project Simulant. I veer more toward the Dominion but again, it's not confirmed. We do know that Stetmann's Mecha Zerg aren't THE Simulants themselves though since he says he built them himself. But a lot is nebulous in Co-op anyway given its non-canon nature.

The Ultralisk summoned by Kerrigan, is nearly identical to the Mecha Ultralisk, even the wiki say that. Btw, Stetmann Zergs are in fact Simulants, since the technology is the same. They are not the first Simulant project, since the first one we know failed, but the second one (Stetmann's one) is totally under Stetmann's control (I suppose for that device that he implanted to his head). For the canonicity about Stetmann and his Simulants, well, since they not only continued to use the Stetmann obsessed by the Terrazine, and they even re-do his model to look with longer hair and beard and a bit greish, respect the model that they done for Mist Opportunities (and with that device), I think what happen to Stetmann is pretty canon. At least I don't see reasons why what happen to him shoulden't be canon.
05/28/2019 06:36 PMPosted by Koetetsu

<span class="truncated">...</span>

The Ultralisk summoned by Kerrigan, is nearly identical to the Mecha Ultralisk, even the wiki say that. Btw, Stetmann Zergs are in fact Simulants, since the technology is the same. They are not the first Simulant project, since the first one we know failed, but the second one (Stetmann's one) is totally under Stetmann's control (I suppose for that device that he implanted to his head). For the canonicity about Stetmann and his Simulants, well, since they not only continued to use the Stetmann obsessed by the Terrazine, and they even re-do his model to look with longer hair and beard and a bit greish, respect the model that they done for Mist Opportunities (and with that device), I think what happen to Stetmann is pretty canon. At least I don't see reasons why what happen to him shoulden't be canon.

The wiki says Simulant (or similar technology) in regards to the robolisk image. It also separates Stetmann’s Mecha Swarm and the Simulants. I know because I helped write both articles. With the addition of a separate mechanical swarm I may move it to general zerg-bot.

The issue is Co-op itself has been declared totally non-canon by the developers to allow them silliness. Some of the maps and character kits and whole characters already make use of it. Stetmann on Bel’Shir though probably is canon now that he has an announcer, which usually state canon facts, but so far him Mecha Swarm is not. This is not to say we won’t see references to Co-op Missions in other media but until they say references to these events in canon media we can’t declare it as such.

To call them both “Simulants” adds to the confusion, since Simulants came out of Project Simulant. It’s why the wiki calls Stetmann’s zerg just “Mecha Swarm.” Remember mechanical zerg are nothing new and have been showing up in media as training robots since Ghost Academy, Simulants are just one type.
It's the mecha swarm.

The wiki says Simulant (or similar technology) in regards to the robolisk image. It also separates Stetmann’s Mecha Swarm and the Simulants. I know because I helped write both articles. With the addition of a separate mechanical swarm I may move it to general zerg-bot.

The issue is Co-op itself has been declared totally non-canon by the developers to allow them silliness. Some of the maps and character kits and whole characters already make use of it. Stetmann on Bel’Shir though probably is canon now that he has an announcer, which usually state canon facts, but so far him Mecha Swarm is not. This is not to say we won’t see references to Co-op Missions in other media but until they say references to these events in canon media we can’t declare it as such.

To call them both “Simulants” adds to the confusion, since Simulants came out of Project Simulant. It’s why the wiki calls Stetmann’s zerg just “Mecha Swarm.” Remember mechanical zerg are nothing new and have been showing up in media as training robots since Ghost Academy, Simulants are just one type.

But the skin is still called Simulant, so the origin is the same, or the skinset would have a different name like "Mecha Zerg".
For announcer, if you see, the Stetmann image is the one when he is the Simulant commander, since have that device in the head (that is not present before he became a commander), so that part is probably canon too.
05/29/2019 04:33 AMPosted by Zarxiel

But the skin is still called Simulant, so the origin is the same, or the skinset would have a different name like "Mecha Zerg".
For announcer, if you see, the Stetmann image is the one when he is the Simulant commander, since have that device in the head (that is not present before he became a commander), so that part is probably canon too.

Yet Zagara uses the Leviathan Brood skinset, when Zagara already has a Zagara Brood. The Leviathan Brood, for their part, were an ancient Overmind-era brood that is FAR before Zagara, and if that were Zagara’s brood it would have caused a lot of plot holes in HotS (as they specifically never lost their ability to make lurkers). They also function next to nothing like her co-op commander. Using this as an example as we have a few times where the skinset doesn’t equal the lore. Crooked Sam isn’t an Umojan reaper, and Void Templar aren’t the Khalai-leaning Golden Age DTs described in their skin.

Again, Simulants mean something specific, mechanical zerg that came out of Project Simulant. While they share a skinset the fact Stetmann made them means they can’t be Simulants.

The device on his head is its own thing, it appears to just be a terrazine injector, but it’s purpose is not confirmed. Sadly nothing in his announcer says anything about his Mecha Swarm, just his commander.
05/29/2019 05:33 AMPosted by Subsourian
05/29/2019 04:33 AMPosted by Zarxiel

Yet Zagara uses the Leviathan Brood skinset, when Zagara already has a Zagara Brood. The Leviathan Brood, for their part, were an ancient Overmind-era brood that is FAR before Zagara, and if that were Zagara’s brood it would have caused a lot of plot holes in HotS (as they specifically never lost their ability to make lurkers). They also function next to nothing like her co-op commander. Using this as an example as we have a few times where the skinset doesn’t equal the lore. Crooked Sam isn’t an Umojan reaper, and Void Templar aren’t the Khalai-leaning Golden Age DTs described in their skin.

Again, Simulants mean something specific, mechanical zerg that came out of Project Simulant. While they share a skinset the fact Stetmann made them means they can’t be Simulants.

The device on his head is its own thing, it appears to just be a terrazine injector, but it’s purpose is not confirmed. Sadly nothing in his announcer says anything about his Mecha Swarm, just his commander.

Zerg calls the Brood with the name of the commander.
For exemple, in HotS Abathur calls Tiamat Brood "Daggoth's Brood", probably the name that we use (Tiamat, Leviathan, ecc...) are name created by Terrans, since the names are from Terran myths. But say "Zagara's Brood is called Zagara's Brood" is not a proof, becuase we see that for Daggoth too.
when Zagara was created, she could easly take the control of the already existing Levithan's Brood.
And, yhea, the fact that the Leviathan's Brood is the only that never lost the Lurkers is nothing strange. When you fight against Zagara she use strains that Kerrigan gain a lot after: Hydralisk, Mutalisk, Ultralisk, Roach. But still, after she joined to Kerrigan, Kerrigan didn't take that strains. So the fact that she had Lurkers and Kerrigan don't, is not so strange, because, how said earlier, that happen to others strains.

If you look the skin of Crooked Sam, is not the same of the Umojan skin, yhea similar, but not the same, could be a stolen Umojan Reaper suit or something else. For Void Templars, if you look the portrait, you can see that the portrait of Void Templars and Dark Templars of Golden Age are different, Blizzard just didn't do a proper unit model for the Void Templar, probably because they thinked "is ever cloked, nobody will notice it", and Blizzard for some commanders was really lazy (Stukov). Btw, the Dark Templars of GA have golden armor, but the Void Templars, how we can see from the portrait, have silver/platinum armor.

Since Stetmann use the skins that are specifically called Simulant, they are Simulant, or the skinset whould have a more generic name "Mechanical Zerg" "Mecha Zerg" "Robotic Zerg".
For the device, yhea, is nothing confirmed, but since before becoming a commander he didn't have it (and he was Terrazine dependant even before), have sense to be the device to give him control of the Simulants, otherwise, why adding that specific detail? They could just take the crazy Stetmann that they already had.