A few Quality-of-Life tweeks ideas

Co-op Missions Discussion
*Give Blaze at least 1 Attack Range and make him attack without delay:
It feels so clumsy trying to kite/micro with him in your selection group, he just keep canceling his attacks unless you wait what feels like a whole second. Removing his attack delay and giving him 1 attack range would feel smoother.

*Make Sam's charges explode faster:
Takes 5 seconds for his charges detonate, against the majority of enemies, that is way too slow, not even the Hybrid last that long against Tychus' band. Make Sam's charges explode in 1 or 2 seconds would be better for a fast-pace game as Starcraft II.

Just a few changes in numbers (which I believe are more likely to happened than full reworks), and if you have your ideas, plz share them bellow.
Agree with Blaze changes. Regular firebats have more range than him and don't have a delay!
05/20/2019 09:20 PMPosted by Masaito
Takes 5 seconds for his charges detonate, against the majority of enemies, that is way too slow, not even the Hybrid last that long against Tychus' band. Make Sam's charges explode in 1 or 2 seconds would be better for a fast-pace game as Starcraft II.

There are units who SURVIVE that explosion. The red and green hybrids, brutalisks, leviathans. That 5 second delay lets us to shoot and kill them while they are stunned. What you suggest is actually remove that stun effect. That is a nerf.
05/21/2019 02:07 AMPosted by Pluton
05/20/2019 09:20 PMPosted by Masaito

There are units who SURVIVE that explosion. The red and green hybrids, brutalisks, leviathans. That 5 second delay lets us to shoot and kill them while they are stunned. What you suggest is actually remove that stun effect. That is a nerf.

Exactly, a better suggestion might be if the unit dies with a charge on it creates a small AOE explosion. (or have his ultimate speed up the damage but keep the stun effect for 2 more seconds)
05/21/2019 03:16 AMPosted by Krikkitone
05/21/2019 02:07 AMPosted by Pluton

Exactly, a better suggestion might be if the unit dies with a charge on it creates a small AOE explosion. (or have his ultimate speed up the damage but keep the stun effect for 2 more seconds)

What I meant before is that a lot of time, Tychus' army would kill the target with the charge way before it explode. Only the Trains, Void Shards and Void Thrashers are tanky enough to survive 5 seconds of combat to be damaged by the charges. Even Hybrids die to fast for the charges in general.

I liked the Idea that if you overkilled the "charged" unit, it will create a small AoE of damage, but that would be a rework of the abilty. I suggested a few numbers tweeks because I think their are more likely to happen.
05/21/2019 09:23 AMPosted by Masaito
05/21/2019 03:16 AMPosted by Krikkitone

What I meant before is that a lot of time, Tychus' army would kill the target with the charge way before it explode. Only the Trains, Void Shards and Void Thrashers are tanky enough to survive 5 seconds of combat to be damaged by the charges. Even Hybrids die to fast for the charges in general.

I liked the Idea that if you overkilled the "charged" unit, it will create a small AoE of damage, but that would be a rework of the abilty. I suggested a few numbers tweeks because I think their are more likely to happen.

On anything that isn't a map objective, the primary utility of Sam's ability is the stun. Drop it on one of the caster hybrids to stop him from nuking your army, or on a battlecruiser to interrupt its yamato. Tychus just has too much DPS against normal targets to use it as an actual damage ability in that way no matter how short the windup is.
BTW, Lt. Nikara is a liability for Tychus' army. Picking her reduces your DPS by quite a lot, since she will be a fifth of your army. (I really feel bad and a allied Tychus picks her as first outlaw...)

She is my least picked outlaw, since Rattlesnake + the Medivacs feel the role of healers way better. For me, she only has a role when facing highly damaging mutations or when your ally also has high value units (like Abathur's ultimates mutations).
If nothing else, I've considered giving Blaze AA. A firebat that can hit air doesn't make sense, but we've already got that covered in spades...
Crooked Sam is a Reaper, while Sirius is a Warhound. Both aren't normally supposed to hit air

Tychus' Shredder Grenade can hit air
Zeratul's Shadow Cleave can hit air.

05/21/2019 09:31 AMPosted by Masaito
BTW, Lt. Nikara is a liability for Tychus' army. Picking her reduces your DPS by quite a lot, since she will be a fifth of your army. (I really feel bad and a allied Tychus picks her as first outlaw...)

She is my least picked outlaw, since Rattlesnake + the Medivacs feel the role of healers way better. For me, she only has a role when facing highly damaging mutations or when your ally also has high value units (like Abathur's ultimates mutations).
She's also a Detector, but FWIW, most people will also have Sirius for his Warhound Turret ability, or Nux, or Vega.

She was nice in a Stukov + Tychus game where she kept an enemy controlled Void Ray (via Aleksander's AA tentacles) alive long enough to help take down a bonus objective. :)

Otherwise, it's nice to heal by just moving next to her, as opposed to having to hunt down Rattlesnake's deployed revitalizers (which players only do if under attack).
Blaze doesn't hit air because muscle doesn't hit air.